EPL Matchday 1 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the line ups of the two teams and man Arsenal's XI was not good at all..

Great mini match highlights but fu** me Drury does go that little bit extra beyond great and into annoying.

Drury is starting to s**t me. Has been great for a long time but goes looking too hard for superlatives. It feels a bit contrived these days.

Drury is starting to sh*t me. Has been great for a long time but goes looking too hard for superlatives. It feels a bit contrived these days.

He was incredible condescending about Brentford as well which was annoying.

Cannot begrudge that result from Brentford, despite that second goal where I felt Leno was impeded. Regardless, deserved result. Can see why Arsenal tried to sign Raya last season, that late save from Pepe was excellent.

The atmosphere looked fantastic and fans being back in the stadium makes all the difference. The post match scenes were something else (always enjoy The Beatles’ tunes). Was nice to see Frank in particular go over to a few children in the stands for high fives and photos etc, heartwarming stuff.

Nah it doesn't.
Lee Dixon and Graham Le Saux on the broadcast over here said the result wasn't really that big of a shock and that Arsenals team on paper didn't really have a great deal of quality to it.

So much depends on Aubameyang getting back to top form really if they're going to be successful this season.

Lee Dixon and Graham Le Saux on the broadcast over here said the result wasn't really that big of a shock and that Arsenals team on paper didn't really have a great deal of quality to it.

So much depends on Aubameyang getting back to top form really if they're going to be successful this season.

Yeah and I'm not sure he will, they've put a lot of eggs in that basket.

Arsenal are finished as a big club. Save for some angel investor/owner or a once in a lifetime manager (see Klopp at Liverpool for e.g.) they won't ever find their way back into the top four. Their ownership, management and playing squad are so far behind the top teams in the league that it's laughable to even consider them a relevant club anymore. They're behind Spurs, Leicester and could easily be at the Everton, Aston Villa, West Ham level soon enough.

Everton in the 80s were just as powerful as Arsenal in the late 90s/early 00s, and look at them now. I think it's more likely Arsenal are at their level in 10 years time than they are back contending for the title.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who was step in vice captain while Kane was pushing for a move?

fu** the crowd being back makes such a difference
Pep said coaching was about to get a whole lot tougher this season for a lot of coaches.
Can't micro-manage your team like they could with no crowds.

Lloris I think has been captain in the past, in the pre season maybe someone like Eric Dier (as hilarious as that would be....)
Very amusing. I feel like Spurs will provide lots of lols this season. It’s gonna be fun.

imback.gif

No words needed. Action will do the talking for Leeds at the Theatre of Dreams.

Actually really amped and buzzing for this.
I feel right now like Rocky Balboa before his clashes against Apollo Creed, Clubber Lang and Ivan Drago.

We love being underdogs at Leeds, under Bielsa, we have thrived on it.

Couldn't have asked for a better opening day fixture with returning crowds.

The War of The Roses, Pride of Lancashire vs The Pride of Yorkshire.

BRING IT ON !!!! #MOT #ALAW 💛💙💛💙

Remove this Banner Ad

Back