Flown over just before kick off

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
A lot of football fans are nuffs though.
No arsenal fan stands on that jury. Being booed every 2nd week for the next 9 months surely can't be a good thing going into a court case compared to being stood down once and basically being forgotten until trial.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
No arsenal fan stands on that jury. Being booed every 2nd week for the next 9 months surely can't be a good thing going into a court case compared to being stood down once and basically being forgotten until trial.
Yeah, no idea.

I guess the club view him as innocent until proven guilty, an asset to the club and vital to our first choice XI.

Don't think playing him and constantly getting booed around the country helps his chances of being found not guilty
Bit of an indictment on the UK legal system if opposition fans, 99.9% that wouldnt have a clue if he's guilty or not have any influence at all.

How long should he put his career on hold waiting to be charged or cleared?

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bit of an indictment on the UK legal system if opposition fans, 99.9% that wouldnt have a clue if he's guilty or not have any influence at all.
Perception going into a case is a big factor. Crazy to think otherwise.

an asset to the club and vital to our first choice XI.
Bingo

Perception going into a case is a big factor. Crazy to think otherwise.

I don't think anyone takes much notice of opposition football fans.

But I guess he is within his rights to opt not to play to protect his reputation.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I don't think anyone takes much notice of opposition football fans.

But I guess he is within his rights to opt not to play to protect his reputation.
It becomes a topic of conversation for 9 months is more my point. The average Joe who is a casual fan who knew nothing about him notices that he is booed every 2nd week and would form a view of him. If they stand on the jury it can't help his case. Unless they get a full jury who has no clue the PL exists?

It becomes a topic of conversation for 9 months is more my point. The average Joe who is a casual fan who knew nothing about him notices that he is booed every 2nd week and would form a view of him. If they stand on the jury it can't help his case. Unless they get a full jury who has no clue the PL exists?

Are you saying he shouldn’t play because you’re concerned about him not receiving a fair trial? Concerned for a man arsenal player?

It’s a vexed situation. Fans of him and his team will of course defend him and his playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Are you saying he shouldn’t play because you’re concerned about him not receiving a fair trial? Concerned for a man arsenal player?

It’s a vexed situation. Fans of him and his team will of course defend him and his playing.
i think the club is taking the piss out of him and his victims

Remove this Banner Ad

Back