Premier Lg EPL Matchday 1 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to say for two teams wanting to make it back to champions league, they are severely lacking quality

As I said, Jay Spearing is not far off from getting a game.

Let's make a late bid for Milner. Anyone will do.
Don't say anyone.
I have someone I will personally drive to Liverpool if anyone will do. Has played CDM.

If only Taylor could do that when your defender got away with palming the ball away. Imagine the melts if the reverse happened.
Palming the ball away? His arm was tucked in and it was incredibly close to him. The only reason there is stupidity and confusion with the handball rule is because people like you say everything should be a handball.

Palming the ball away? His arm was tucked in and it was incredibly close to him. The only reason there is stupidity and confusion with the handball rule is because people like you say everything should be a handball.

Lol. That definitely wouldn't be the way you describe it if it was the other way around.

I'll just leave you with the fact that even Spurs & City fans are saying it's a pen. When your hand is raised it's a pen, end of story.

Useful point away from home but neither team on their game today. Ref wasn’t great either.

From our end, I saw some good attacking play at times (particularly in the first half), and individually there was a lot to like in Mac Allister and Szoboszlai’s first outing, but (unsurprisingly) as a group we looked disjointed and unbalanced in the middle.

Nothing we didn’t already know, but needs to be sorted asap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol. That definitely wouldn't be the way you describe it if it was the other way around.

I'll just leave you with the fact that even Spurs & City fans are saying it's a pen. When your hand is raised it's a pen, end of story.
It would be the way I describe it no matter who played because that's exactly what happened. Why would anyone listen to jods understudy in bias

We could have done with the 52m that we let go without replacement.

One of those is more of an attacker than a midfielder. If you want to be technical Gakpo is also a mid.
Let go without a replacement?

I know you're trying to ram home this point that you don't spend money (got no idea why), and it works really well if you focus on sales and ignore purchases.

Let go without a replacement?

I know you're trying to ram home this point that you don't spend money (got no idea why), and it works really well if you focus on sales and ignore purchases.

Not trying to ram home anything. We have signed nobody (so far) to replace Henderson / Fabinho.

Macalister & Soz are replacements for Ox / Keita.

Not trying to ram home anything. We have signed nobody (so far) to replace Henderson / Fabinho.

Macalister & Soz are replacements for Ox / Keita.
Apologies to those that get offended by it, but PMSL.

Chelsea looked fantastic today. Took a while to settle but once they did they were far superior. Enzo and Gallagher were great, whilst James and Chilwell did well getting high and supporting the attack. Jackson will score plenty this season.

Fortunate not to concede the penalty though. Could have gone either way but think it would have hit chest anyway so perhaps that’s why they didn’t give it. Wish they told the crowd why like they have during the WWC. Now they need to be consistent with it.

Liverpool started brightly but faded. Salah kept quiet after the equaliser so can understand the subs but the midfield was unable to get on it much. There wasn’t enough fluidity in the second half going forward and it made it easy for Chelsea to defend.

Chelsea looked fantastic today. Took a while to settle but once they did they were far superior. Enzo and Gallagher were great, whilst James and Chilwell did well getting high and supporting the attack. Jackson will score plenty this season.

Fortunate not to concede the penalty though. Could have gone either way but think it would have hit chest anyway so perhaps that’s why they didn’t give it. Wish they told the crowd why like they have during the WWC. Now they need to be consistent with it.

Liverpool started brightly but faded. Salah kept quiet after the equaliser so can understand the subs but the midfield was unable to get on it much. There wasn’t enough fluidity in the second half going forward and it made it easy for Chelsea to defend.
Felt the same about Chelsea starting slowly but growing into.

Thought they were awful and in for a long season at the start but could definitely see signs by the end of the match.

Get Caicedo in (replacement for Loftus Cheek so doesn't count), get Gallagher out (don't agree he was good) and it will be interesting to see what they can do.

Overall I thought we were poor and pretty lucky to escape with a point. I'll take it as I think Chelsea will be much improved this season and Stamford Bridge is always a tough place to go to and win.

I thought we were the much better side for the first 20-25 minutes but after that we faded pretty badly.

Pretty disjointed in midfield and we looked absolutely knackered after about an hour.

Desperately need to sign a defender and two more mids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back