EPL Matchday 1

Remove this Banner Ad

FYI I will stop using that term ' Bin Dippers' against Liverpool and its supporters (a team i am do actuallu like) and with all due respect northmelbournefc I honestly was not aware of the negative connotations with that slur with regards to mentally ill and poverty stricken people (just did a quick google search)

Although I feel like you probably overreacted a bit and am a bit rustled by some of your sledging towards myself, I do accept now why you were so angry/upset about it.

Hanging crap on poor/mentally ill people is the last thing I want to do.

Call me naive, I genuinely did not know the negative/toxic connotations behind that slur, just been so used to reading it on various Facebook and other football forums I have perused over the years.

I am honestly not trying to save face or avoid an infraction, I just never bothered looking into the negative connotations about that slur until now

Fair play Elmer_Judd, I think that’s a pretty mature response. If only others on this board in the past had the grace and humility to educate themselves and progress as individuals instead of continuing with their offensive posting/running away.

FYI I will stop using that term ' Bin Dippers' against Liverpool and its supporters (a team i am do actuallu like) and with all due respect northmelbournefc I honestly was not aware of the negative connotations with that slur with regards to mentally ill and poverty stricken people (just did a quick google search)

Although I feel like you probably overreacted a bit and am a bit rustled by some of your sledging towards myself, I do accept now why you were so angry/upset about it.

Hanging crap on poor/mentally ill people is the last thing I want to do.

Call me naive, I genuinely did not know the negative/toxic connotations behind that slur, just been so used to reading it on various Facebook and other football forums I have perused over the years.

I am honestly not trying to save face or avoid an infraction, I just never bothered looking into the negative connotations about that slur until now

I don't think the term is associated with the mentally ill. It's banter that Scousers are poor and a bit scummy. It comes from the song that nearly every set of fans sing when they play Liverpool, even by fans that are from areas as poor and scummy as Liverpool.

In your Liverpool slums,
You look in the dustbin for something to eat,
You find a dead cat and you think it's a treat

In your Liverpool slums,
Your mum's on the game and your dad's in the nick,
You can't get a job 'cos you're too ******* thick

It doesn't feel that long ago that we were drawing 19/20 to a close... which of course it wasn't. Last season, despite the pause, was an incredible gift from my perspective, and I hope it's the beginning of a run of titles. We have the players and manager to win multiple titles, we just need to keep pushing. I'm expecting a cagey opening game against Leeds, but a win nonetheless.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think the term is associated with the mentally ill. It's banter that Scousers are poor and a bit scummy. It comes from the song that nearly every set of fans sing when they play Liverpool, even by fans that are from areas as poor and scummy as Liverpool.

In your Liverpool slums,
You look in the dustbin for something to eat,
You find a dead cat and you think it's a treat

In your Liverpool slums,
Your mum's on the game and your dad's in the nick,
You can't get a job 'cos you're too ******* thick

What’s funny about laughing at poor people? Must say I don’t get that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back