EPL Matchday 10 - On Optus Sport

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
So Benitez, Moshiri and Brands to blame. How about the CEO?
What does the CEO have to do with it? Moshiri is the one who wanted Benitez, Benitez is obvious and Brands is the sporting director so he's the one who buys the players. CEO just provides the platform for them to do their jobs and pretty much is at the whim of Moshiri.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Bradesmaen who did you want as manager rather than Benitez?
Definitely not Nuno. I would have liked to have gone after Fonseca. We went for a big fish with Ancelotti, so I would have liked for Moshiri to go again for something. Right now we're just middling everything and spending loads to do it.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
What does the CEO have to do with it? Moshiri is the one who wanted Benitez, Benitez is obvious and Brands is the sporting director so he's the one who buys the players. CEO just provides the platform for them to do their jobs and pretty much is at the whim of Moshiri.

The CEO is the head of the executive team and manages the operations of the organisation, its people and resources. The CEO implements the strategy approved by the board and ensures that the organisation's structure and processes meet the strategic and cultural needs of the organisation. Basically the CEO runs Everton on a strategic level and on a day to day basis.

Ed Woodward absolutely copped criticism for his performance as Manchester United's chief executive so that he had to step down.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The CEO is the head of the executive team and manages the operations of the organisation, its people and resources. The CEO implements the strategy approved by the board and ensures that the organisation's structure and processes meet the strategic and cultural needs of the organisation. Basically the CEO runs Everton on a strategic level and on a day to day basis.

Ed Woodward absolutely copped criticism for his performance as Manchester United's chief executive so that he had to step down.
It's run very differently at United, they don't have a sporting director so Woodward does the dealing. Ours does not.

Tough to expect much with 4 of your first 11 out, but now that is 3 losses in a row with Spurs, Arsenal, City & Liverpool in our next 6 games

Hello darkness, my old friend

Everton as a club is a joke.

The very definition of making up the numbers. Will never achieve anything but will also never get relegated. Always mid table, always irrelevant.

Thank god I didn’t have to watch whatever dross they probably dished up this morning.

Apr 3, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Everton as a club is a joke.

The very definition of making up the numbers. Will never achieve anything but will also never get relegated. Always mid table, always irrelevant.

Thank god I didn’t have to watch whatever dross they probably dished up this morning.

If they ever put together a run of good results, you just know that they're only games away from turning into a complete shambles.

Got a soft spot for them, but post-Moyes they have to be the softest club mentally, in the prem.

That’s not a bad place to be these days with sovereign state ownership and tip clubs continually outspending everyone else

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
27% possession. 4 shots on target, 8 shots in total to 1 shot off target. Rafa has set us up to counter attack and Wolves know that so they sit deep in possession. Our defence is so anemic that they don't need to push the back 3 up.
Reminds me of Rafa at Newcastle a fair bit ATM. Doucourie is a big loss for you also, midfield looks far less pacey / powerful without him.

I also had Bruno Lage first for the sack but have to give him a fair bit of credit, 13 points out of their last 15.

Reminds me of Rafa at Newcastle a fair bit ATM. Doucourie is a big loss for you also, midfield looks far less pacey / powerful without him.

I also had Bruno Lage first for the sack but have to give him a fair bit of credit, 13 points out of their last 15.
Lage has been great. A few were sharpening the knives after Brentford but I never understood it.

My best mate is a Toffee so I have to admit a bit of delight at that result.

Lage has been great. A few were sharpening the knives after Brentford but I never understood it.

My best mate is a Toffee so I have to admit a bit of delight at that result.
Haven’t beaten much as yet

Weird. They're 7th after 10 games. What were you expecting?
Expected them to beat Newcastle, Watford and even Saints. Beat a struggling Villa and injury hit Everton. Good results though, but a little early to call Lage’s performance terrific. Jimenez back has helped. You tempered Brighton’s good start a couple of weeks back and said they hadn’t beaten much

Expected them to beat Newcastle, Watford and even Saints. Beat a struggling Villa and injury hit Everton. Good results though, but a little early to call Lage’s performance terrific. Jimenez back has helped. You tempered Brighton’s good start a couple of weeks back and said they hadn’t beaten much

Their statistics have been good, they've struggled a bit with Jimenez getting back up to speed and a new manager in charge, but have shown quite a bit in their underlying numbers.

Back