EPL Matchday 10 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

SA TIMES:
1664846145398.png

1664846171320.png

Postponed fixtures:
Matchday 7: Fulham vs Chelsea, Bournemouth vs Brighton, Soton vs Brentford, Liverpool vs Wolves, Leicester vs Villa, Man City vs Spurs, Arsenal vs Everton, West Ham vs Newcastle, Palace vs Man United, Leeds vs Forest
Matchday 8: Brighton vs Palace, Man United vs Leeds, Chelsea vs Liverpool

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I hope and expect Arsenal will smash Liverpool at Emirates.

Desperate the fact their owner is an absolute jackass and i have had several unpleasant run ins with AFC fans at pubs over the years, I do enjoy the dynamic and fun style of football the Gooners are playing this season, backing their gaffer in (when it's been well documented that a vast portion of Arsenal fans wanted Arteta sacked last season)

Despite their rich owner(s) , Arsenal should be the role model for how title and champions league contenders should be built. (Same applies to Tottenham btw)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Southampton just seem to match up really well against us, so dont think this will be the walkover some are expecting.

Happy to be wrong, and I think Haaland on current form could be the key.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Southampton just seem to match up really well against us, so dont think this will be the walkover some are expecting.

Saints got two draws v City last season. The game at the Etihad finished 0-0 with City only getting their only shot on target in the 90th minute. I can't see a repeat of that this time. City to score at least four. It could be Hasenhuttl's last game in charge.

Apr 24, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Centrals / Southampton

But we don't match up well against Wolves, Villa or Everton.
If City want to they could hit double figures.
From the whispers going around this will be Ralph's last game in charge.

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Decided to watch an otherwise seemingly boring fixture on paper between City and Southampton this morning cause simply because of the Haaland factor..

Honestly can't remember the last time I felt so excited watching an non Leeds/Premier League player that I tuned in their club's game just to see him play.

Was probably Alan Shearer at Newcastle tbh (still think Shearer was sorely underrated by many pundits around in tje English Footy Community, he was a machine, despite lack of trophies at the Toon)

Christ I hope Haaland spends at least 5 years in the Premier League, its not just his extraordinary goal scoring ability and sense, but his play making and vision is absolutely astonishing..

The fact he is a son of a former Leeds star :)) ) helps too. Born there too :) #DaretoDreamLUFC

The term 'generational talent' gets around thrown way to loosely these days, especially in AFL Levels, but Haaland is just absolutely going to be a much watch player no matter which club and or tournament he plays at for the next 15 years or so.

Saints got two draws v City last season. The game at the Etihad finished 0-0 with City only getting their only shot on target in the 90th minute. I can't see a repeat of that this time. City to score at least four. It could be Hasenhuttl's last game in charge.
From memory Southampton deserved the point in both games.

I think we really lacked a poacher last season against them, loads of balls across the box with no-one running on. Hopefully Haaland will be different.

An early goal would be really important as well.

Decided to watch an otherwise seemingly boring fixture on paper between City and Southampton this morning cause simply because of the Haaland factor..

Honestly can't remember the last time I felt so excited watching an non Leeds/Premier League player that I tuned in their club's game just to see him play.

Was probably Alan Shearer at Newcastle tbh (still think Shearer was sorely underrated by many pundits around in tje English Footy Community, he was a machine, despite lack of trophies at the Toon)

Christ I hope Haaland spends at least 5 years in the Premier League, its not just his extraordinary goal scoring ability and sense, but his play making and vision is absolutely astonishing..

The fact he is a son of a former Leeds star :)) ) helps too. Born there too :) #DaretoDreamLUFC

The term 'generational talent' gets around thrown way to loosely these days, especially in AFL Levels, but Haaland is just absolutely going to be a much watch player no matter which club and or tournament he plays at for the next 15 years or so.
It seems weird given the players we've had turn out for us thebpast decade (Aguero, Silva, Yaya, Kompany etc) but the excitement around Haaland is something I've never seen before.

The day Pep rests him there'll probably be a riot ha ha.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
It seems weird given the players we've had turn out for us thebpast decade (Aguero, Silva, Yaya, Kompany etc) but the excitement around Haaland is something I've never seen before.

The day Pep rests him there'll probably be a riot ha ha.

Loved Aguero and Yaya a lot too, but Haaland mania is something else, arguably unprecedented in English Football History (least on a global scale)

Last young talented player at his age who captured my imagination in such a way was a certain Argentinian by the name of Lionel Messi.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back