EPL Matchday 10

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Booing his reaction I totally get. But his reaction was to the boos initially, or was it to ironic cheering? Ironic cheering to me is more acceptable, even though it essentially means the same thing!
It was ironic cheering until he cupped his ear with his hand, then they started booing.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
What I think some people aren't getting there heads around is that it wasnt the 50,000 booing him the whole time. It grew to be close to that figure by the end of it because he handled himself so poorly when dealing with being a tactical substitution

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
Yeah I don't really view the booing as abuse either, i'd say the garbage posted on social media wishing cancer on your kids etc. is abuse, booing someone at a sporting event is a normal occurance and a way for fans to vent their frustration, how else are the meant to do it?
I think it is in this case though. When your family has been abused online and then you constantly get booed by your own supporters then it becomes something more. I think this is where the usual kind of booing differs

I understand his reaction,and don't think people should get too offended by it.

In hindsight he'll probably agree that it wasn't the smartest thing he's done, and his life at the club will be tougher because of it.

But football is full of stories of players that turn around people's opinions. So for me talk that he has to leave in January are a bit ott.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Booing isn’t abuse but booing your own captain who’s obviously trying is piss weak and disgraceful as far as I’m concerned.
Like I said, still waiting on the concrete facts that show booing is abuse. It is entirely subjective if you (not you specifically) view it as abuse, or not.

I don't disagree the fans have not covered themselves in glory.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
XhAKA iS tHe PrObLeM nOt ArSeNal FaNs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such a dramatic click bait headline, loved this piss take of it.

Pierre into the abyss
It’s not just the newspaper that is aware of the increasing value of ‘Arsenal fans criticise player’ stories. The Sun website is having some fun, too.

‘Watch as Arsenal fans scream abuse at Aubameyang as striker drives home after Crystal Palace draw’
ADVERTISING
Popcorn at the ready. And just look at that URL: ‘arsenal-fans-aubameyang-crystal-palace-car’. Ooft.

‘SHOCKING footage has gone viral appearing to show Arsenal fans shouting abuse at Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang as he drove home after the 2-2 draw with Crystal Palace.’
What a SHOCKING day this has been thus far. And how SHOCKING that ‘Watch as Arsenal fans scream abuse’ has been relegated to ‘appearing to show Arsenal fans’ by the first paragraph.

ADVERTISING
Rough translation: We have no idea if they are Arsenal fans. And it doesn’t bloody matter. Lap it up.

‘Furious supporters gathered around the striker’s £240,000 chrome Lamborghini Aventador when he pulled up at a red light, believed to be on Sunday evening.’
Now they’re not even certain it was after the Palace draw!

‘In a clip posted to Twitter, one fan can be heard making a point about high ticket prices as they shout: “£2000 a year to watch s***? F*** off!”
‘While another man appears to yell: “You Arsenal w*****.”‘
ADVERTISING
Ah yes, Arsenal supporters bloody love referring to others as “You Arsenal w*****” in a derogatory manner. It’s right up there with ‘What do we think of Tottenham?’ when it comes to disparaging chants.

‘The Gabon international, who is Arsenal’s top scorer this season with eight goals, managed to escape unscathed after the traffic light turned green.’
They were shouting at him, not chasing him with flaming pitchforks. And he probably couldn’t even hear them; his windows were not down and he likely had some sort of music playing. Of course he bloody ‘managed to escape unscathed’ from literally no physical threat.

‘But Gunners fans on social media were quick to jump to the defence of their star man, who earns £200,000-a-week, after the video spread online.’
ADVERTISING
What a f***ing aside that is. Just slap his incorrectly-hyphenated wages (and choice of car) into a story that covers how he has been verbally abused – possibly by fans of his own club but who knows? – for partially economic reasons. Do The Sun ever stop and think that they might be the problem?

No. Of course not. Silly Mediawatch.

Still waiting on the concrete definition that booing is abuse SM

You really are desperate to have the last word. The discussion was going around in circles so I decided to leave it.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
You really are desperate to have the last word. The discussion was going around in circles so I decided to leave it.
Not really, you were utterly insistent I was wrong for having an opposing view, stated what you was saying was "FACT".

I merely asked for evidence, for which you evidently, cannot provide.

Fin.

Not really, you were utterly insistent I was wrong for having an opposing view, stated what you was saying was "FACT".

I merely asked for evidence, for which you evidently, cannot provide.

Fin.
Xhaka has released a statement saying he felt abused at matches and in that moment on the weekend.

Booing is an expression of negative emotion and intended to make someone upset = abuse. It's mild abuse but it's still abuse.

Fin.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
There was a definition posted earlier where it explained abuse. Crazy crowd booing is considered cruelty. Snowflakes out in force, granit the leader of the PC world who would have picked that

There was a definition posted earlier where it explained abuse. Crazy crowd booing is considered cruelty. Snowflakes out in force, granit the leader of the PC world who would have picked that
That definition backed up the point you nuffy. You don't get to define what someone considers upsetting. Booing is the done with the intent of upsetting someone.

I've said repeatedly that booing is absolutely at the minor end and that banning booing would be idiotic but you don't get to decide that it doesn't upset people.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
That definition backed up the point you nuffy. You don't get to define what someone considers upsetting. Booing is the done with the intent of upsetting someone.

I've said repeatedly that booing is absolutely at the minor end and that banning booing would be idiotic but you don't get to decide that it doesn't upset people.
Its not cruelty. It's not abuse

Back