Premier Lg EPL Matchday 11 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

10 men is far different to 9 men. It's vastly different. 10 men you can still play, but with 9 it's kinda like shut up shop and hope for the best.

If the Matip goal happened 10 mins earlier, yeah I'm sure we would have had a crack too, but not in the way Spurs did which was suicidal.

Again im not saying Ange or Spurs are s**t. All I'm saying is that the tactic to sit on the half way line with 9 men was dumb. You can still have a crack with 9 men but sit deeper and try to counter. Ange got it all wrong in the second half and that's ok, he's human, he's allowed to make mistakes. I'm sure he will learn from it.
1. He's already said if it were with less men he'd still play the same way. A methodology that's taken the team from being turgid and 8th under Jose and Conte to a 2.6 point average before the Matchday. So don't think he'll learn much at all.

2. With 15 mins to go and with the player count at 9 we were going home with 0 points. When the game ended it was 0 points so we lost nothing of note in trying to get a point.

Do they?

I try and treat you all the same, about the only thing i pull up is when it gets personal. This part of the forum is pretty relaxed imo.

Fair enough, I think some provocative posts from some get ignored and then when said posters get criticised mods seem to jump in to defend them, but I have to say you're definitely the best at being balanced.

It was a mile offside and if Spurs hadn't played such a high line Bentancur would have scored that.

I think you are thinking about the wrong incident mate. It was as a result of a Spurs attack, Bentancur was well onside and just got it wrong.

Not sure how Spurs playing a high line has anything to do with it other than allowing us to create the opportunity.

Just saw Postecoglous comments on the ref.

Whether you agree with the decisions or not, very refreshing (and rare).

You can see why the players will give everything on the pitch for him.

Do they?

I try and treat you all the same, about the only thing i pull up is when it gets personal. This part of the forum is pretty relaxed imo.
the simpsons GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. He's already said if it were with less men he'd still play the same way. A methodology that's taken the team from being turgid and 8th under Jose and Conte to a 2.6 point average before the Matchday. So don't think he'll learn much at all.

2. With 15 mins to go and with the player count at 9 we were going home with 0 points. When the game ended it was 0 points so we lost nothing of note in trying to get a point.

It was 1-1 when you went down to 9.

It's one of Ange's weaknesses. I should know I have followed him most of his career right back to the NSL days.

He doesn't have a plan b for unique scenarios. Play compact, force Chelsea wide and counter was the way to go. I got into the mega mini and honestly the goals Chelsea scored were FIFA like in their ease plus they had chances galore. They could / should have put 6+ away and that is not good.

Interesting to see what he does with an undermanned squad next week.

Either way COYA

It was 1-1 when you went down to 9.

It's one of Ange's weaknesses. I should know I have followed him most of his career right back to the NSL days.

He doesn't have a plan b for unique scenarios. Play compact, force Chelsea wide and counter was the way to go. I got into the mega mini and honestly the goals Chelsea scored were FIFA like in their ease plus they had chances galore. They could / should have put 6+ away and that is not good.

Interesting to see what he does with an undermanned squad next week.

Either way COYA
You should know Mr expert.

Chelscum when they're rubbish vs Spuds when they're decent. I've heard the legends of that gamr even if I wasn't on the board way back then.
Are we up to Certified Legendary Thread status yet?

After a Chelsea Tottenham match like last night there are obviously going to be references back to that
Were you here for MD36? Don’t recall you disgracing yourself like some other Spurs fans on here.

What, he didn’t call for a replay or have the club issue a statement?

I’m truly shocked.
Don't worry, I'm sure it will come soon enough.

Angel was adamant that VAR was out to get him and Celtic, and that they were biased against them.
Wait until he wins a St Totteringham Day award.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back