Premier Lg EPL Matchday 11 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Players should always shake after a game …forget what happened before …unless something very very poor happened beforehand. Not accusing Gallagher of anything but we don’t know the full story

Lucky it was not 5 or 6-1 by that stage.
Like most things except VAR "communication issues", the answer is rarely black or white.

Tottenham decided to ride their luck and it nearly worked. And there was a lot of luck. But good on em.

My take is that if you played 100 games 9 v 11 for a half, "park the bus" might get you 10 draws and maybe sneak one counter attacking win. The "100 yd dash to the through ball" method might get you 2 wins, and about 50 three-four goal thrashings.

Players should always shake after a game …forget what happened before …unless something very very poor happened beforehand. Not accusing Gallagher of anything but we don’t know the full story

I'll always shake hands unless there's been an altercation during the game where someone's tried to hurt me or said something particularly unpleasant, but I think there are circumstances where it's ok. Why go out of your way to interact with someone who's been particularly unpleasant, even if they want to claim it was 'just part of the game'? But as you say, 99/100 you can put things aside.

Personally I was always ok with the physical side of the game. You give it and take it then shake hands at end of the game.

I was not a fan of trash talk. Banter yes, but don't give me verbals all game then expect to shake my hand at the end of the game like you never said that crap.

may have something to do with Gallagher carrying on like a royal prat all night and Bissouma having none of it. Then when Connor tried to play the "nice" card and didn't get what he wanted it came to blows.

Classic narcissist behaviour
Plus after last year you need to be wary of shaking someone from Chelsea's hand. Can cost you a red card

"The panel also noted Gabriel had gone to play the ball before Joelinton touched him, therefore no foul was committed."

What a load of rubbish, he's not able to get his head on the ball because he's being fouled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plus after last year you need to be wary of shaking someone from Chelsea's hand. Can cost you a red card
Premier League Sport GIF

Of course they’re going to say that, it’s an organisation that is predicated on looking after their own mates. Hardly surprising.
How so? They went on to agree that the referee/VAR failed to dismiss both Havertz and Bruno. That's not protecting their mates...

None of the issues in isolation are outright blatant errors. However with so many issues with the goal I do feel that the referee should've been called over to the monitor. I believe most referees upon having watched a replay over the whole phase would probably opt to disallow the goal.

Another thing maybe there should be cameras covering the entire goal line from corner to corner rather than just the goal line tech cameras which are focused on the goals. That way in/out can be ruled on reliably which wasn't possible with the only camera angle available offset for the Newcastle goal.

Another thing maybe there should be cameras covering the entire goal line from corner to corner rather than just the goal line tech cameras which are focused on the goals. That way in/out can be ruled on reliably which wasn't possible with the only camera angle available offset for the Newcastle goal.

What happens if the issue is on the sideline?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back