EPL Matchday 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints are gone which isn't necessarily a bad thing as i find the Championship far more enjoyable than the Prem.
1 shining light for your mob is Danny Ings, already on 5 goals this season. 1 more than Firmino and Sturridge.

Irrelevant to the result, but should the first City goal have been offside? Defender was reacting to a ball being played to an offside player

Haha he's going to be a major tease like Torres - Lets you down when you defend him then scores when you've had enough. Would have loved for him to have bagged a hatty at the end.

Yeah, he deserved a hattrick.

Hes such an enigma isnt he, nice to see him playing with a smile on his face and out performing guys like Lukaku and Firmino.

Haha he's going to be a major tease like Torres - Lets you down when you defend him then scores when you've had enough. Would have loved for him to have bagged a hatty at the end.

For all of the (rightful) scorn heaped upon Morata this season, he's currently scoring 1 goal every 2 Premier League games, which is much more than Torres could ever manage.

He also gets into scoring positions more than Torres ever did.

This time next week we could be 3rd, 3 points ahead of 5th place. Too early for anyone to be giving up yet.

The Top 5 have been impressive, but this Man City side is one of the strongest PL sides ever. They really should be winning the PL, irrespective of Liverpool's improvement over the past few seasons.

Saints are gone which isn't necessarily a bad thing as i find the Championship far more enjoyable than the Prem.

I regrettably agree. I had Southampton down as a relegation candidate because (Ings aside) they're toothless going forward, but they've also been porous at the back at times.

I still have us above Chelsea.

Champions League is a tougher schedule :p

I agree - Liverpool's PL fixtures have been more difficult than ours and they've not dropped any points against sides out of the Top 6. Chelsea have at least once (twice if you don't think Man U are a Top 6 side :D).

I don't know any Chelsea supporters who seriously think that we can win the title this year.

One word of caution for opposition supporters (Liverpool too) - it has been said (including by Sarri himself) that performances and results in the first few months of his tenure might be mediocre as his side adjusts to his style of play. All I have to say is that if our performances and results have been mediocre thus far, then I'm really looking forward to what comes next!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I regrettably agree. I had Southampton down as a relegation candidate because (Ings aside) they're toothless going forward, but they've also been porous at the back at times.

Ever since Koeman and Cortese left the club has made shocking transfers and managerial appointments.

We've made our bed now we have to lay in it hope the club are in the ear trying to convince Nicola to come back

I feel like the next manager we try will be another re hashed hasbeen thats had 10 chances.

sad times

You can have Adkins back if you want, try to recapture the magic.

He'll be out of a job soon.

Ever since Koeman and Cortese left the club has made shocking transfers and managerial appointments.

We've made our bed now we have to lay in it hope the club are in the ear trying to convince Nicola to come back

Puel finished 8th and got to a cup final but because he wasn't charismatic enough in press conferences the fans didn't like him. Your own fault really.

Puel finished 8th and got to a cup final but because he wasn't charismatic enough in press conferences the fans didn't like him. Your own fault really.

That result looks better than it actually was given their points tally and turgid, disjointed play that year.

What came after was definitely worse though - Puel would probably have kept them at around mid-table.

Yeah, if we play to our potential we should be the best of the rest. City are going to walk it with the squad advantage they have over the rest.
Really? I don’t think so. How many of the top six have you played? You’ve had a pretty easy start thus far.

Really? I don’t think so. How many of the top six have you played? You’ve had a pretty easy start thus far.

I know you're not addressing me, but I predicted that Chelsea would come 3rd. I agree that Chelsea's fixture list has been kind and I would say that our performances have been good rather than great, but Sarri himself has said that the first few months were meant to be the bedding-in period (hence more mediocre results/performances).

Tottenham haven't looked that great but they've been picking up the points. Arsenal are very dangerous going forward and performed well against Liverpool, but defensively they are still error-prone and they still lack cohesion as a side.

I know you're not addressing me, but I predicted that Chelsea would come 3rd. I agree that Chelsea's fixture list has been kind and I would say that our performances have been good rather than great, but Sarri himself has said that the first few months were meant to be the bedding-in period (hence more mediocre results/performances).

Tottenham haven't looked that great but they've been picking up the points. Arsenal are very dangerous going forward and performed well against Liverpool, but defensively they are still error-prone and they still lack cohesion as a side.
Chelsea can finish third but I highly doubt they’d finish above Liverpool as chef is saying. There’s nothing we’ve seen this season to suggest that is likely

BTW, I haven't posted much lately as I got married last week and have been in Hawaii for the week on the honeymoon, but an encouraging performance on Saturday, albeit 2 soft goals to concede.

I'm hoping the rumors about signing Kessie in January are true, he'd offer the power and pace we're lacking in central midfield currently.

Snodgrass has done well to reinvent himself as a central midfielder though, and Diangana looks like a quality prospect on the right wing atm.

BTW, I haven't posted much lately as I got married last week and have been in Hawaii for the week on the honeymoon, but an encouraging performance on Saturday, albeit 2 soft goals to concede.

I'm hoping the rumors about signing Kessie in January are true, he'd offer the power and pace we're lacking in central midfield currently.

Snodgrass has done well to reinvent himself as a central midfielder though, and Diangana looks like a quality prospect on the right wing atm.
Congrats mate.

We've played 3 of the top six so far and IMO we are coming along nicely. We still haven't fully adapted to Sarris style of play and once that happens we'll be a pretty good side. I think we'll be neck and neck with Pool as the best of the rest, it all rests on our striker situation and if Morata can get his head right.

The next 2 league games should show us where we really are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back