EPL Matchday 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Fortunately it didn’t affect the result in the end but someone needs to get Atkinson and any other refs with no ****ing idea how to use or interpret VAR technology out of that box. This is a pattern for him now. And why is this component of it not automated to be perpendicular to the pitch? It looks like the VAR ref just sits there freehand drawing lines on the page?
Because they are not using standardised cameras around the pitch, they are using broadcast pictures so you can't just have an automatic line. That twitter post is also wrong because he clearly is using the shoulder (body) not the arms. It was more than likely given as offside because the assistant gave it offside and there is no CONCLUSIVE evidence to give it onside. That is how VAR has been working for the multiple years it has been in operation and people still can't get their heads around it. Maybe watch some American sports to see how it's done.

This post aged well. It all went your way with the refs / VAR and you still couldnt hang on!
clearly onside goal from us
Firmino one was very unlucky
And another blatant dive from Mane feeling contact doesnt mean you can throw yourself forward 20 metres

In any case you smashed us in the second half. the better team won. We held on bravely but not good enough in the end.

Oh * the most biased liverpool fan (adl) on the planet is whinging. I’ll definitely see myself out of here. The point they interpreted was the shoulder which was the furthest forward legal part of the body. It was unlucky but there have been many similar decisions so far this season that have seemed to defy the expected. Liverpool fans whinging about it now is rich.

Oh fu** the most biased liverpool fan (adl) on the planet is whinging. I’ll definitely see myself out of here. The point they interpreted was the shoulder which was the furthest forward legal part of the body. It was unlucky but there have been many similar decisions so far this season that have seemed to defy the expected. Liverpool fans whinging about it now is rich.
With the present technology the assistant VAR referee drawing the line manually with presumably some program needs binning until the technology or game footage is up to scratch.

With the present technology the assistant VAR referee drawing the line manually with presumably some program needs binning until the technology or game footage is up to scratch.
Or just go with a no conclusive evidence, decision of referee stands.

Oh fu** the most biased liverpool fan (adl) on the planet is whinging. I’ll definitely see myself out of here. The point they interpreted was the shoulder which was the furthest forward legal part of the body. It was unlucky but there have been many similar decisions so far this season that have seemed to defy the expected. Liverpool fans whinging about it now is rich.

I’m convinced you don’t actually understand the meaning of this word.

As it stands VAR is undercooked for the purpose it’s supposed to serve. I and many other posters in this forum have commented this season that there are serious flaws in the use and interpretation of this technology. This was another example.

Good performance by Villa. Relatively few chances but those they had were generally high quality whereas we peppered their goal - particularly in the second half - with some high quality and some not so high quality chances. Right result in the end though.

I’d heard McGinn was having a good season but hadn’t seen him play before, was impressive I thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean.. if we win tonight we're equal on points... so yeah. Good job.

And you’re happy with potentially being level on points with a team that has 13 points after 11 league games? I guess it helps you to be more focused on United’s shortcomings, that seems to be a weekly thing with you.

And you’re happy with being level on points with a team that has 13 points after 11 league games? I guess it helps you to be more focused on United’s shortcomings, that seems to be a weekly thing with you.
No, but saying we're in a relegation battle while trying to talk up your own team is quite hilarious

No, but saying we're in a relegation battle while trying to talk up your own team is quite hilarious

I haven’t talked my team up at all this season. United are s**t and I know that. I also know that Everton are s**t. You might do a number on Spurs tomorrow because Spurs are s**t this season but then again, you might not, because you’re shitter than Spurs.

I haven’t talked my team up at all this season. United are s**t and I know that. I also know that Everton are s**t. You might do a number on Spurs tomorrow because Spurs are s**t this season but then again, you might not, because you’re shitter than Spurs.
In comparison you are.

In no world is Bobby ever offside there. I mean the pics have all been posted to show how ridiculous it was. And the video too how he's inside so they go again to manipulate it to make him offside.

It's awful for the game. Having said that he was flagged offside which was the wrong decision from the naked eye so you want VAR to correct it. Which is doesn't. So yeah it's kinda pointless.

Rewatching the goals, I thought it was odd that Villa didn't have anyone on the posts for that corner.

Mane also did well to turn that towards goal as it looked to be falling short
First thing I said to myself when watching the goals this morning.

A man on the post and that's not a goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back