Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Oh my god! Andre Gomes’s leg is *******
What about Son the dirty sniper? Does Atkinson’s officiating just inspire violence? Plus, the cheap shop deep into injury time. Spurs going the dirty!
I just watched it again and only realised the horrific state his leg/foot is in. No words, no words,

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
What about Son the dirty sniper? Does Atkinson’s officiating just inspire violence? Plus, the cheap shop deep into injury time. Spurs going the dirty!
I just watched it again and only realised the horrific state his leg/foot is in. No words, no words,
You see that type of tackle 3 or 4 times a game. Slide in from back/side enough to stop the momentum of an attack and normally a regulation yellow. This was just very unlucky

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
Garbage post.

VAR asleep at the wheel on this one. Should of overturned that red on the spot. Was a regulation yellow.

Son can’t control what happens after the foul.

Will be rescinded midweek

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Garbage post.

VAR asleep at the wheel on this one. Should of overturned that red on the spot. Was a regulation yellow.

Son can’t control what happens after the foul.

Will be rescinded midweek
Son felt aggrieved and took his frustrations out on Gomes by deliberately fouling him. Yes it was only a yellow originally but sometimes fouls can have dire consequences.
If I’m driving along the road and deliberately tag the back of your car I’m responsible for what happens next when you lose control and go head on into a power pole. Wait until Brades Bradesmaen wakes up and we get his take on this low act.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Son felt aggrieved and took his frustrations out on Gomes by deliberately fouling him. Yes it was only a yellow originally but sometimes fouls can have dire consequences.
If I’m driving along the road and deliberately tag the back of your car I’m responsible for what happens next when you lose control and go head on into a power pole. Wait until Brades Bradesmaen wakes up and we get his take on this low act.
Don’t be ridiculous. You think Son is that kind of player? One of the nicest and best natured players in the league.
My sympathies are obviously mainly with Gomez though, and I hope he makes a fast a recovery as possible. But I also feel for Son. He was in bits. Just a s**t situation all round

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Don’t be ridiculous. You think Son is that kind of player? One of the nicest and best natured players in the league.
My sympathies are obviously mainly with Gomez though, and I hope he makes a fast a recovery as possible. But I also feel for Son. He was in bits. Just a s**t situation all round
I don’t think Son is that kind of player. Sometimes in the heat of a moment you look for a cheap square up that should have been innocuous. What happened next was an indirect result of what Son did but with dire consequences. This is why it’s important not to let frustrations cloud your judgement.

Blueboys11 if Son has the Red rescinded I will change my avatar to anything you so choose. If anything the suspension could be lengthened.

Red card any day of the week. Tackle with an intent to foul, being from behind it has potential for a serious injury. Just like this one.

Son may win the occasional good bloke award, but people still make mistakes. He didn’t even need to challenge as Aurier was well placed to cover it, he’d already nibbled at Iwobi & wanted to “get one back” for a challenge on himself not long before. He ****ed up, he’ll pay his dues.

6CB4553A-1050-46A3-83B3-EC068676938E.jpeg

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Heard the injury was awful, and damn it was hard to watch that. The anguish on the faces around him too tell it all. I remember similar things with the Eduardo, Ramsey and Cisse injuries over the years. Damn.

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
Red card any day of the week. Tackle with an intent to foul, being from behind it has potential for a serious injury. Just like this one.

Son may win the occasional good bloke award, but people still make mistakes. He didn’t even need to challenge as Aurier was well placed to cover it, he’d already nibbled at Iwobi & wanted to “get one back” for a challenge on himself not long before. He f’ed up, he’ll pay his dues.

View attachment 774144
On that vision, it’s basically a late trip. Adds to sons case for rescission

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
On that logic, the bowler to Phil Hughes is responsible for his death too

If Aurier isn't where he is, there is no leg break. That tackle by itself is a yellow. So damn unlucky. Don't have a problem with him being shown red though, probably for the best, not sure Son was in any state to keep playing anyway.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
You see that type of tackle 3 or 4 times a game. Slide in from back/side enough to stop the momentum of an attack and normally a regulation yellow. This was just very unlucky

Agree. Was just a yellow. Sometimes innocuous challenges can cause serious injury. You can even break your own leg if you kick it with the other one while running.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Tosun frozen out... scores the winner and in his limited game time has easily looked our best centre forward. If Marco ******* could actually change his formation to a 4-3-3 we could be a better side with Tosun playing a Firmino like role. Yes he is not as good as Firmino but give his ability to hold the ball up and slide through passes for the wingers we would be a much better side. Richarlison likes to play cutting inside and so does Walcott/Bernard. However he has this insistence that we play 4-2-3-1 and the only time he changed that was to have 5 at the back.

Back