EPL Matchday 11

Remove this Banner Ad

They're quality players but their direct counterparts at Spurs are almost all better.

A combined team has 8 Spurs players in it at least. I'd take AWB but it's close and Rashford finds a spot. Bruno maybe but I honestly prefer N'dombele. I can't fit any of the rest of them in though.

I think you find a spot for Bruno. Imagine him playing alongside Kane & Son, jeepers.

Now...Lloris is in much better nick than DDG who seems to have regressed alarmingly.

Not one of that lot get into Spurs team save for perhaps Rashford who would have to play on the right.

I liked Young but he was well gone by then.
So what relevance does mentioning that nobody from that group would get in if you're talking about now?

The DDG of that era would.

Yeah, fair enough.

I thought about it and edited my post. We need a back up penalty taker. ;)

Your XI is pretty good, and accurate in the fact that a lot of the bench depth is United that you’ve gone with, most of our starting players would be benched in a combined XI with Spurs, and that just shows the fact we aren’t good enough to win a title.

For me that demonstrates the malaise and decline at Arsenal extends far beyond just who is the appointed manager. Emery has an excellent record in Spain and that's where he thrives, even though he was the wrong choice for Arsenal I still felt quite bad for the way he was treated towards the end of his tenure.

Arteta is in a bit trouble currently, he's dug his heels in on the likes of Xhaka and Willian. Not sure they're going to be his saviours.
I think Arteta has got the team selection and formation all wrong. Not just the Spurs game but most of the season in general

I dont think the three at the back works. To me Aubayemang, Saka and Tierney cover the same position on the left flank. Why do you need 3 players for the same patch of grass. I'll put Tierney at left back and give him license to get forward and trust him to be solid defensively (which he is).

This opens up options in that you can replace Saka with a more central attacking midfielder. Or keep Saka wide and move Aubayemang centrally.

Bellerin had a rough game defensively on the right. Maybe its time for Maitland-Niles to get an extended run in the team. Or perhaps Cedric? Not sure where he is at.

Willian seems a bit out of sorts wide. Has Arteta tried him centrally as a no. 10? Bring in Pepe to play right wing. And rotate him with Nelson.

Central midfield is a mess. With Partey injured again, i'll probably play David Luiz (when fit) as a midfielder to bring more steel. Ceballos should be starting ahead of Xhaka.

Biggest issue with Arsenal is creativity. With Ozil on the outer, maybe they make a cheeky bid for Christian Eriksen in January.

I think Arteta has got the team selection and formation all wrong. Not just the Spurs game but most of the season in general

I dont think the three at the back works. To me Aubayemang, Saka and Tierney cover the same position on the left flank. Why do you need 3 players for the same patch of grass. I'll put Tierney at left back and give him license to get forward and trust him to be solid defensively (which he is).

This opens up options in that you can replace Saka with a more central attacking midfielder. Or keep Saka wide and move Aubayemang centrally.

Bellerin had a rough game defensively on the right. Maybe its time for Maitland-Niles to get an extended run in the team. Or perhaps Cedric? Not sure where he is at.

Willian seems a bit out of sorts wide. Has Arteta tried him centrally as a no. 10? Bring in Pepe to play right wing. And rotate him with Nelson.

Central midfield is a mess. With Partey injured again, i'll probably play David Luiz (when fit) as a midfielder to bring more steel. Ceballos should be starting ahead of Xhaka.

Biggest issue with Arsenal is creativity. With Ozil on the outer, maybe they make a cheeky bid for Christian Eriksen in January.
Buendia and Szoboszlai have both been named as potential creative midfield recruits, but with the way we are playing Szoboszlai is going to have a massive pick of clubs, for sure he isn't coming to us. Buendia was pretty good in a relegation team last season and is gettable from the Championship so he may be a chance, but is still young and needs time, and is mostly an unknown.

If we get Eriksen, this club has learned absolutely nothing, high wages for someone who is on the come down. We have enough of that in the club already.

Buendia and Szoboszlai have both been named as potential creative midfield recruits, but with the way we are playing Szoboszlai is going to have a massive pick of clubs, for sure he isn't coming to us. Buendia was pretty good in a relegation team last season and is gettable from the Championship so he may be a chance, but is still young and needs time, and is mostly an unknown.

If we get Eriksen, this club has learned absolutely nothing, high wages for someone who is on the come down. We have enough of that in the club already.
I'd say you have 0% chance at Szoboszlai. He will have the choice of any club in Europe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the best comparison when you apply context here though. Salah was an experienced pro for most of these appearances whereas Ronaldo came to Manchester United as an 18 year old and was a pure winger for the first few years.
Not bad numbers for a “pace merchant” though!

U mad the “pace merchant” is making you look silly?

Wow he's scored at a better rate than a United teenager.

Odd comment to bring up in two separate posts, have you run out of things to try to prove me wrong about so you're resorting to something I admitted to being wrong about 3 years ago?

Wow he's scored at a better rate than a United teenager.

Odd comment to bring up in two separate posts, have you run out of things to try to prove me wrong about so you're resorting to something I admitted to being wrong about 3 years ago?
😂😂😂

Yes he is but making comparisons to a young Ronaldo is kinda silly. Most rational people understand that.
To be fair to Salah they might be different ages but there is still 65 matches of wiggle room there. Ronaldo wasnt the player he was once at Real. What Salah has done since he came to the league is nothing short of incredible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back