EPL Matchday 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha, of course you see it that way.

Here's another example:

He's watching his opponent, waiting for them to jump, then running into them. Dangerous play, someone is going to get seriously hurt.

Protecting the space, please, he knows he's out of position to win it in the air so this is his answer.

I would have that one as a foul.

Haha, of course you see it that way.

Here's another example:

He's watching his opponent, waiting for them to jump, then running into them. Dangerous play, someone is going to get seriously hurt.

Protecting the space, please, he knows he's out of position to win it in the air so this is his answer.

Nice scorpion kick by Cresswell there.

I’d say that last example is definitely a foul against Kane because he’s second to the ball and not protecting the space, but I have no issue with the Arsenal one. He gets to the space the ball will land first, then turns his body knowing the contact is coming. It’s the opposition players responsibility to not jump directly into/over another player already standing there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But it was momentum that carried them into the box, looked like the contact was outside

I tipped a draw so I'm annoyed too. I think the rule is meant for shirt pulling etc. that continues into the box but in this case it doesn't really work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back