EPL Matchday 11

Remove this Banner Ad

f’ed over by a dodgy penalty.

Seen that a few times already this season.

EPL in 2020 has to stand for Extremely Poxy League.
Which pen against annoyed you the most? Todays from outside the box, the Harry Kane tunnelling one or Man Uniteds that was given from after the final whistle?

Surely not. So if you're tripped outside n fall over inside it's a pen? If thats correct then that's a ridiculous ruling.

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

No, if you're tripped outside and the contact continues inside the box (as I said) then it's a pen. So if you're sliding along the floor as a defender fouling someone and you start touching them outside but continue fouling them inside it's a pen. As I mentioned it's mainly a ruling to do with tugging of a shirt but applies in this case too as there's follow up contact inside the box.

Which pen against annoyed you the most? Todays from outside the box, the Harry Kane tunnelling one or Man Uniteds that was given from after the final whistle?

So many to choose from.

I'm not sure the worst one has even happened yet with how the league is going.

Might hang off on awarding a winner until that one happens.

50 penalties so far this season

There were 92 penalties in total last season
Defenders are stuffed. You can't tackle someone just outside the edge of the box, you can't clear the ball out of the box because the attacker might throw a leg or body part in front of your kicking leg, you can't leap for a defensive header because the attacker can just run straight into you without them even caring about where the ball is.

Edit: Also when you defend you gotta walk around like a crab with your arms behind your back so you don't give away a pen via a handball.

Last edited:
I thought the intial contact was outside. We were lucky today. Felt Brighton had the better chances.

It looked like there was some contact outside the box but the foul came inside. Mind you the refs have been giving free kicks for players going down after the slightest touch.

Rubbish pen for me, it's clearly a foul but it's outside the box. VAR is a mind*. It does need to stay as it helps with say the awarding of the pen for Wolves against Liverpool on the weekend. I do get that it helps but it also needs MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR tweaks. It's a mess at the moment. The whole lines on the pitch and offside crap has got to go.

Rubbish pen for me, it's clearly a foul but it's outside the box. VAR is a mindfu**. It does need to stay as it helps with say the awarding of the pen for Wolves against Liverpool on the weekend. I do get that it helps but it also needs MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR tweaks. It's a mess at the moment. The whole lines on the pitch and offside crap has got to go.

There's a foul inside the box mate, watch it again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But why is he awarding the second foul and not the first foul. The second foul is irrelevant because of the first foul. You cant ignore the first foul.

That like a player bringing down an opponent outside the box but the ref doesnt call it and then he continues into the box where he gets brought down again and the ref gives the pen. It's stupid. The whole reason why he fouls him is to give away a free kick and not a penalty. There is such a thing as a strategic foul.

But why is he awarding the second foul and not the first foul. The second foul is irrelevant because of the first foul. You cant ignore the first foul.

That like a player bringing down an opponent outside the box but the ref doesnt call it and then he continues into the box where he gets brought down again and the ref gives the pen. It's stupid. The whole reason why he fouls him is to give away a free kick and not a penalty. There is such a thing as a strategic foul.

.. Because the foul continues into the box. It's a continuous incident.

Your example is also dumb because you can pay a thing called advantage.

If the referee gives a free kick for the foul and VAR review shows the foul to be in the box then it is absolutely the correct decision to pay the pen via VAR. Subjectively there could be an argument that perhaps it was not a foul but VAR isn't supposed to get involved in subjective decisions so for me I can't see an issue with the pen being given against Brighton.

Alternatively if no pen was given I would then have a problem with it being paid due to it not being "clear and obvious".

For me... it's dumb and not a pen.

So you are honestly trying to argue that a ref can't pay advantage for a foul and if a player is fouled again it goes back to the original foul and isn't now a pen?

So you are honestly trying to argue that a ref can't pay advantage for a foul and if a player is fouled again it goes back to the original foul and isn't now a pen?
The ref wasnt playing advantage in this situation though. It was one big foul which happened outside the box. Just because they fall into the box shouldnt be a penalty. Plus the ref needs to use common sense. He's not clean through on goal, he's not in front of goal. He's down the side of the 18 yard box, like on the corner. He's not magically scoring from there. Just award the free kick, why ruin the contest and make your decision decide it. Let the players decide the game.

The ref wasnt playing advantage in this situation though. It was one big foul which happened outside the box. Just because they fall into the box shouldnt be a penalty. Plus the ref needs to use common sense. He's not clean through on goal, he's not in front of goal. He's down the side of the 18 yard box, like on the corner. He's not magically scoring from there. Just award the free kick, why ruin the contest and make your decision decide it. Let the players decide the game.

I'm talking about your weird example "A player gets fouled, gets up, and is fouled again, why should that be a pen".

It wasn't because he fell in the box. Again, watch the actual incident again. He is clipped outside the box then clipped again inside the box. There are two fouls. One outside one inside the box.

I'm talking about your weird example "A player gets fouled, gets up, and is fouled again, why should that be a pen".

It wasn't because he fell in the box. Again, watch the actual incident again. He is clipped outside the box then clipped again inside the box. There are two fouls. One outside one inside the box.
Yeah I dont agree with you. It's one foul. Outside the box.

Yeah I dont agree with you. It's one foul. Outside the box.

That's cool man, think you need to get your eyes checked though bro.

Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 4.38.39 pm.png

His foot is trapped under March's ass.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back