EPL Matchday 12

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jd2010

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Wonder if Hughes and Jokanovic will survive past the international break.

I think Southampton will have bigger issues if/when they make their decision. Fulham at least could look at a manager like Rodgers who plays an expansive style and could use the current squad and not have to make wholesale changes like a Moyes/Allardyce would. But what can Southampton do? Their squad is a bit all over the place. Ever since replaced Koeman with Puel they've just looked bereft of ideas and lost their identity

ossie_21

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Everton
6 n̶o̶n̶-̶p̶e̶n̶a̶l̶t̶i̶e̶s̶ penalties given & taken as the club has no integrity or ethics from top to bottom :$

ossie_21

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Everton

I think Southampton will have bigger issues if/when they make their decision. Fulham at least could look at a manager like Rodgers who plays an expansive style and could use the current squad and not have to make wholesale changes like a Moyes/Allardyce would. But what can Southampton do? Their squad is a bit all over the place. Ever since replaced Koeman with Puel they've just looked bereft of ideas and lost their identity
Ok Martin Tyler

Fryer Tuck

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
Hoo wee.

This one is really going to hurt, especially on Remembrance Day as well.

Loaded. Absolutely... loaded.

jod23

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
I feel sick.

Actually hoping for United and Everton wins this weekend.

We'd best be doing the business after the shit show in midweek.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DaRick

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
If Everton win at Stamford Bridge on the weekend they would have broken a 25 year drought.

They have improved as of late and may be able to take points off us in light of our midweek exertions against BATE, but the gap in talent between Chelsea and Everton is still substantial. I would say a Chelsea win is definitely more likely than not.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EH
Really? Why? Haha...

I mean they are kind of insignificant but I dont want to see them do well. They are kind of a non-factor I guess. I do hope they win this weekend though.
Why do you dislike them so much? Just seems like you hate them for the sake of it..

Bradesmaen

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
If Everton win at Stamford Bridge on the weekend they would have broken a 25 year drought.

They have improved as of late and may be able to take points off us in light of our midweek exertions against BATE, but the gap in talent between Chelsea and Everton is still substantial. I would say a Chelsea win is definitely more likely than not.
24 thanks.. :D Gap isn't as substantial as you think.

RossFC

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Thread starter Moderator #19
Really? Why? Haha...

I mean they are kind of insignificant but I dont want to see them do well. They are kind of a non-factor I guess. I do hope they win this weekend though.
If they were in and around the top 4 maybe I’d change my tune. The only thing that annoyed me about Everton in recent memory was Mori injuring Origi, but he got sold.

AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Centrals / Southampton

Word is that if we fail to beat Watford then Hughes is out. Allerdyce and Moyes have been mentioned as replacements. Led Reed has gone. We are currently a basket case and watching us play is extremely painful.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

DaRick

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
24 thanks.. :D Gap isn't as substantial as you think.
Approximate figure. :D

At the start of the season, I figured that Chelsea would come 3rd and Everton 7th. For mine, Everton have more talent than any other side outside of the Top 6, benefit from not playing in the Europa League and they have in Marco Silva a manager whom I rank fairly highly.

However, while they have good players across the pitch, they are still learning to click as a unit. Gomes/Mina are still being integrated into the side and they do tend to rely on set-pieces to create chances. They also give away a lot of silly goals on set-pieces.

Additionally, on a head-to-head comparison, would any Everton players get into Chelsea's first XI? Richarlison would be a good chance and Sigurdsson would definitely be in contention.

You could make a case for Coleman given that Azpi's been a little disappointing, but most people would still plump for the latter. Zouma can't play against us and IMO doesn't have the passing ability to fit well into Sarri's system (nor does Keane). Digne is a better defender than Alonso, but the latter is so dangerous going forward that it's very hard not to select him. I like Pickford, but Kepa's taken to Chelsea really well after a shaky couple of games. Jorginho is irreplaceable in Sarri's system. Gueye is a midfield dynamo, but Kante is Kante. And as for Hazard...

moomba

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City
Word is that if we fail to beat Watford then Hughes is out. Allerdyce and Moyes have been mentioned as replacements. Led Reed has gone. We are currently a basket case and watching us play is extremely painful.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Losing Hughes would be good but Fat Sam/Moyes just puts you back in the same cycle of mediocrity.

Top Bottom