EPL Matchday 12

Remove this Banner Ad

So you believe as the rule is written that Silva’s handball that ricocheted into TAA’s arm/hand should not stop a penalty being given to City because a penalty isn’t a goal? Not forgetting that Aguero’s arm was hanging out as he was stopping as well. Give me a break ffs.
As far as the rule goes Bernardo wasn't handball, TAA was IMO.

Clear handball against Arnold. Ridiculous that (a) on reviewing the footage post-game his arm was determined to have not been in an unnatural position, and (b) that the ref wouldn’t have called in VAR to check in the first instance given half the City team were screaming in his face.

However, if it had gone to VAR, the ref would’ve seen that the ball hit Bernardo’s hand first (under the new rules even an accidental handball in the lead up to a goal/goal scoring opportunity is a foul), so Arnold’s handball becomes irrelevant.
Correct decision not to pay it in my opinion, albeit by a hugely flawed process.

92B232C4-1F86-48BA-A9E0-3FA75AC20233.jpeg

What a great opportunity for PGMOL to walk through the rules, explain the decision making process from the ref and VAR

Educate the football public.

Instead they spin a "his arm wasn't in an unnatural position" defence when every bit of evidence leading up to today shows that to be bollocks.

Mike Riley really shouldn't be keeping his job after this season.

What a great opportunity for PGMOL to walk through the rules, explain the decision making process from the ref and VAR

Instead they spin a "his arm wasn't in an unnatural position" defence when every bit of evidence leading up to today shows that to be bollocks.

Typical ‘sweep it under the carpet and protect the refs from criticism at all costs’ attitude. It must be their vision statement. It’s insulting to the intelligence of the fans to hear this crap every week.

Brilliant result against a team I have a huge amount of respect for, puts us in a very strong position. Season’s not over yet though.

Thought there were a number of excellent performances on both sides but I loved Wijnaldum’s game. He turns into Seedorf for these big matches.

Pep very reserved in the post match presser. No Mou style implosion or cussing out refs. Impressive by him to keep a lid on his emotions.

i wanted him to go nuclear.

Thought it was weird. Talking about how well his team played and how proud he was of them after getting beat 3-1 :drunk:

Didn't get baited into penalty talk but his sarcasm with the refs after the match was hilarious. He's good value.

did you hear he mentioned it wasnt sarcasm, he thanks every ref every game

Liverpool should really expect to win this easily.

From what I've read Allison, VVD, Robertson and Alexander-Arnold are the best in the world in their respective positions. They have the best from three in the world. Henderson and Wijnaldum are two of the most underrated players in the world. Milner is the best free signing ever, Klopp is the best manager in the world, Ox has a whole thread devoted to him on BF and Origi is a club legend who inspired probably the strangest banner I've ever seen.

Anything less than a convincing win would be a bit of an embarrassment.

Have our blushes been spared?

Nice try
4D1DFC8A-8131-4B31-A18C-B270688C4EDA.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some amazing stats illustrating the consistency of this Liverpool side:
  • 1 loss in their last 51 league games (W42, D8, L1)
  • 21 wins from 22 league games going back to March
  • Unbeaten at home since April 2017

It's tough.

For pen decisions do they look at fouls in the build up?

Rule definitely needs to be changed. If we are going to say that if City immediately scored from that then it's ruled out, it should go the same for a pen being given too. But currently that doesn't appear to be the case.

Clear handball against Arnold. Ridiculous that (a) on reviewing the footage post-game his arm was determined to have not been in an unnatural position, and (b) that the ref wouldn’t have called in VAR to check in the first instance given half the City team were screaming in his face.

However, if it had gone to VAR, the ref would’ve seen that the ball hit Bernardo’s hand first (under the new rules even an accidental handball in the lead up to a goal/goal scoring opportunity is a foul), so Arnold’s handball becomes irrelevant.
Correct decision not to pay it in my opinion, albeit by a hugely flawed process.

View attachment 777512
By Goal scoring opportunity the goal still has to be actually scored in that phase of play. If a goal isn't scored, then it is not adjudged handball unless deliberate.
A penalty would be the same as a free kick in that instance. If a player scores a goal from a free kick, VAR does not go back and check the lead up to the free kick for any handballs by the attacking team.

Also said Liverpool can't handle pressure 😂. No you ******** we only came back from a three nil deficit to beat Barcelona and win the champs league. We were also going to win the title if you didn't fluke your 1 in a million shot from at 70 mins when you've not scored a goal for six years prior. *********.

Interesting looking table. Liverpool have broken away after an amazing start to the season, the following three are hanging onto Liverpool's coattails by their fingertips and then there is another 8pt gap to group of twelve teams all within 4pts of each other. Outside of the top 4 is a very even season.

Capture.JPG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back