EPL Matchday 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably the right call on Son. The tackle itself wasnt a red card challenge, it was the collision with Aurier that caused the injury.
I haven't looked at it closely for obvious reasons but others I've heard say that it was when his studs got stuck in the ground and his leg twisted that caused the injury

I just can't wrap my head around how Arsenal are 5th considering how bad they are apparently going at the moment.

Not inconceivable for whoever finishes the round 5th to be 9 points behind 4th. I thought this season 3rd to about 8th would be very tight by the race of 3rd is looking like a 2 horse race now.

I actually don’t think he gets enough credit for what he did at Swansea. He got them promoted and in their first ever season in the premier league finished top half playing the most attacking, expansive football of any newly promoted side ever.

And didn't they only concede one goal at home for the first half of the season or something crazy?

And didn't they only concede one goal at home for the first half of the season or something crazy?
5 from his first 11 home games in 10/11. 3 from his first 9 in 11/12.

Pretty good defensive record. Wasn't that great defensively at Liverpool iirc, not bad so far at Leicester.

Son has had his red card overturned. Most seem to agree it’s the right decision
It was only a red card because of the injury. The ref initially pulls out the yellow, sees Gomes' injury and changes to red. VAR has to overturn decisions like that. Because an injury as the outcome of a tackle shouldn't bump up Son's punishment. There is nothing in the laws of the game which says that you get punished based on the outcome (injury wise) of the tackle, therefore it's hard to call that tackle a red card. Meaning the decision was wrong and it just gets added to the rapidly increasing lists of VAR *-ups.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me the big difference isn't the injury, it was that he clearly had no intention of winning the ball.

Rules say that a reckless tackle is a yellow card offence. A serious or dangerous tackle or one likely to endanger an opponent is red.

This one, probably falls between the two but I think if you're not trying to win the ball you shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe one for David Elleray to change the wording of the rules. Actually seeing what a * up they've made of handball it's best to leave it as it is.

We've got him rattled. Hehe
It's fantastic.

He answers a question about Liverpool and their supporters spend the next week obsessing about how obsessed he is.

I don't even need to visit the club site to see what Pep says in his interviews, I get hourly updated from Liverpool social media.

It's fantastic.

He answers a question about Liverpool and their supporters spend the next week obsessing about how obsessed he is.

I don't even need to visit the club site to see what Pep says in his interviews, I get hourly updated from Liverpool social media.

You follow Liverpool social media hourly. Says it all really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back