EPL Matchday 12

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I'm struggling with understanding why you think they can't replicate what they did last season despite only dropping 2 points almost a third of the way through the season.

Because it’s very hard to do it over the course of 38 matches. If they do, I’ll be happy to eat crow.

Because it’s very hard to do it over the course of 38 matches. If they do, I’ll be happy to eat crow.

Um ok.

Not sure how this season indicates they can't replicate last season though.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Quite possible that you don't continue this form, but you can't really say at this stage that you aren't as good at picking up results as last year, because in fact you're better.
Weirdly, I think we haven't played as well as we did last season yet I do believe we are better at digging out results than last season. That seems silly to say considering we only lost one game last season but it was the draws that hurt us. Seven in total whereas this season we have looked at drawing a few games but pulled it out of the fire to get maximum points. Hopefully we can keep that mentality up. A draw is as good as a loss when you're trying to beat City to the league title.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You can’t keep winning games with close shaves for a whole season. Remember last season when we actually went second ahead of City briefly in January, but by and large the wins were close shaves and some undeserved. It caught up with us though in the final third of the season as good fortune tends to even out. Similar thing could happen to Liverpool if they don’t find their extra gears

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
You can’t keep winning games with close shaves for a whole season. Remember last season when we actually went second ahead of City briefly in January, but by and large the wins were close shaves and some undeserved. It caught up with us though in the final third of the season as good fortune tends to even out. Similar thing could happen to Liverpool if they don’t find their extra gears
Absolutely. We flat out need to start playing better. We haven't been anywhere near our best all season yet somehow we are 10-1-0.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Absolutely. We flat out need to start playing better. We haven't been anywhere near our best all season yet somehow we are 10-1-0.
Ever the jod response. "We're the shittest team yet we keep winning". Followed soon by about how successful Liverpool are and how much better they are than Everton despite having the same amount of PL titles.

sydney_gws

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
qpr
Everton lose tonight and Silva is surely gone.
Maybe for arsenals manager as well.
Leicesters 2015/16 season saw a defeat of Chelsea end mourinho's time at Chelsea with immediate effect. Maybe he will be kept to win the Europa league, I doubt we have to beat anybody of chelsea/hazards quality.

Dropping Azpi is bold
I’m disappointed we don’t have Gosha around at the moment to see how he’d react to Willian having the arm band on today

Back