EPL Matchday 13 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Brighton would be disappointed not to have taken three points there. Both attacks very ordinary. Lamptey ran rings around Firpo in first half. Some poor selection choices from Bielsa.

Potter rightfully pissed off at fan boos after the game.

Was happy with the draw. They are a good team these days the Gulls

Brentford are still a huge chance. Started with a bang but the wheels have fallen off. Losing Raya to a long-term injury won't help their cause either. Leeds will be ok once they get Bamford back.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Southampton are no chance. Plenty of sides will be belted by Liverpool.
Not sure why they’re ‘no chance’? And not sure what it’s got to do with getting belted by Liverpool. Odd take

Not sure why they’re ‘no chance’? And not sure what it’s got to do with getting belted by Liverpool. Odd take

Because they've been playing well enough this season to avoid relegation.

It has nothing to do with their game last night against Liverpool, agreed.

They have trouble scoring constantly esp at home, which is why I think they may be in strife.

Odd take, they've scored in 4 of 6 home games, only not scoring against West Ham or Wolves in close games - 0-0 with Hammers and a 1-0 loss to Wolves.

Because they've been playing well enough this season to avoid relegation.

It has nothing to do with their game last night against Liverpool, agreed.

Probably Still to early to say definitely who are going down at any rate, although the Geordies are in a bit of a pickle right now. Reckon this could be another of those seasons where at least one of the relegation spots may not be decided until the final day of the season, its pretty dicey around the bottom 6-8 spots on the table right now.

I would be surprised if Southampton go down. They have a bit of a cushion from the bottom 3 and have won 3 of their last 6 games.

Brentford's form has gone down the toilet. They have a thin squad. I think they might be drawn into the relegation scrap.

I would be surprised if Southampton go down. They have a bit of a cushion from the bottom 3 and have won 3 of their last 6 games.

Brentford's form has gone down the toilet. They have a thin squad. I think they might be drawn into the relegation scrap.

I think that's the key theme in common with the clubs most in danger - Leeds, Brentford, Norwich, Newcastle all have reasonably thin squads low on PL quality, where a few injuries really expose them.

Soton have three PL quality forwards, a good experienced PL spine with JWP, McCarthy and others who've been there and done it before. It's why as much as Burnley always seem to get sucked into a battle, they survive because of their experienced heads. Southampton will be totally fine and actually a bit surprised to hear them raised as a relegation chance. A bit like a month or two back when someone was suggesting Wolves might sack their manager despite all stats suggesting they were playing quite well, and sure enough they're charging up the table.

The strength of the current top three teams is the strongest top three the EPL has seen.

The strength of the Chelsea / Manure / Arsenal trio in the mid 2000s was strong, but inferior to the current top three.

Discuss.

The strength of the current top three teams is the strongest top three the EPL has seen.

The strength of the Chelsea / Manure / Arsenal trio in the mid 2000s was strong, but inferior to the current top three.

Discuss.

Agreed, whoever finishes third this season will be the strongest side ever to finish third in the PL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back