EPL Matchday 13 - On Optus Sport

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Find it strange Ronaldo is getting a lot of the blame for United's woes. One of the few players who has actually been okay for Man U and is giving his all out there. Can't expect a 36 year old to carry a club to the title. Thought it was pretty obvious he was signed to sell merchandise and give them a short term lift.

Has a Gary Ablett kind of return feel to it. Both past their best, but given their clubs a massive boost with the return of a club legend. Ablett was good for us on his return, and Ronaldo has been arguably our best player this season.

I guess it’s a question of how much you need to accomodate Ronaldo in regards to set up. Does his lack of defensive pressure put more pressure on an already brittle mid and defence? Are you costing the young players valuable game time. Playing a system that doesn’t suit others etc

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Find it strange Ronaldo is getting a lot of the blame for United's woes. One of the few players who has actually been okay for Man U and is giving his all out there. Can't expect a 36 year old to carry a club to the title. Thought it was pretty obvious he was signed to sell merchandise and give them a short term lift.
Yeah but the thing is Ronaldo doesnt want to sell some shirts and give them a short lift. So I dont think the club and players ideas are aligned. If Ronaldo wanted one more shot at league titles and European Cups, he should not have signed for United. Same for United, Ronaldo was not the right signing for where they are at right now.

But it's done now so they just have to make the best of it.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Is it fair to say now the title is a two horse race (again) between Liverpool and City ?

Don't believe Chelsea have the squad depth or fire-power to keep up with them two over the rest of the domestic season.

Also lol Everton, they just keep on providing the comedy :)

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

We will see, but I honestly believe Liverpool and Man City will start getting a jump/open up a gap on Chelsea probably around the Xmas/New Years fixtures.

I admit I have underestimated Chelski before (to my chagrin) but am very confident they will not finish in the top two.

Time will tell, it always does.

Is it fair to say now the title is a two horse race (again) between Liverpool and City ?

Don't believe Chelsea have the squad depth or fire-power to keep up with them two over the rest of the domestic season.

Chelsea have scored more goals than Man City and have a better GD. Could be easier fixture but not sure how you can just write them off at this point. Did you think the same when City lost to Palace a few weeks back?

We will see, but I honestly believe Liverpool and Man City will start getting a jump/open up a gap on Chelsea probably around the Xmas/New Years fixtures.

I admit I have underestimated Chelski before (to my chagrin) but am very confident they will not finish in the top two.

Time will tell, it always does.

What a bizarre point. Chelsea's depth is better than City's this season.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

What the ? Chelsea have the deepest squad in the league lol.

Liverpool are only just coming off not having enough fit midfielders. Id say all 3 will have a crack. Jan will be interesting with all 3 affected by AFCON.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Has a Gary Ablett kind of return feel to it. Both past their best, but given their clubs a massive boost with the return of a club legend. Ablett was good for us on his return, and Ronaldo has been arguably our best player this season.
Right now De gea is our best player but Ronaldo is behind him in 2nd.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
I guess it’s a question of how much you need to accomodate Ronaldo in regards to set up. Does his lack of defensive pressure put more pressure on an already brittle mid and defence? Are you costing the young players valuable game time. Playing a system that doesn’t suit others etc
IMO it is the system. Ronaldo only took up a spot that Cavani would take if he wasn't there.

Rashford and Sancho are young and should be doing most of the forward pressure while accomodating Ronaldo up forward.

The system and formation they play doesn't help anyone on the pitch.

Not to mention our defense is absolutely shocking.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Watching the snow fall would have been more entertaining than a Spurs vs Burnley match anyway.

But seriously, what kind of shithole stadium is Turf Mooor that they don't have under-pitch heating? It should be a pre-requisite if you want to participate in the best sporting league in the world that your facilities are up to muster. Kick these turgid minnows out of the Premier League FFS.

IMO it is the system. Ronaldo only took up a spot that Cavani would take if he wasn't there.

Rashford and Sancho are young and should be doing most of the forward pressure while accomodating Ronaldo up forward.

The system and formation they play doesn't help anyone on the pitch.

Not to mention our defense is absolutely shocking.
Wouldn’t they have had different running patterns etc. The great one needs his space, more of the ball. Not even saying it’s Ronaldo’s fault, as always he seems to give his all each game. Think you’re right just need a better organiser and things can turn around ..question is to what extent.

Back