EPL Matchday 13 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah they are bad but on the balance of good vs bad Lloris wins far more games for Spurs than he loses. And by wins, I mean the saves that deny almost certain goals that most other top class keepers wouldn't lay a glove on.

But yeah, when it goes **** up for him, jeez it looks ugly.
I just look at the regularity of those changers and what they are like. If you are Ederson and involved in a passing football side and occasionally make it, I get it and it’s not that bad because mistakes do happen but stuff like last night I feel happens too much to him. No doubt he makes some quality saves at times and you have had to be decent at some point to get to this level but I feel like I see him make these errors whenever I watch him.

I just look at the regularity of those changers and what they are like. If you are Ederson and involved in a passing football side and occasionally make it, I get it and it’s not that bad because mistakes do happen but stuff like last night I feel happens too much to him. No doubt he makes some quality saves at times and you have had to be decent at some point to get to this level but I feel like I see him make these errors whenever I watch him.

I don’t think the clangers in themselves are any more or any fewer than other top keepers. But his disposal is rubbish and he puts our defence under pressure. Even the 2nd Newcastle goal today started with a poor Lloris pass to Sessegnon. Not that the goal was entirely on him because Lenglet was utter trash in his defending of Almiron but it started with a poor ball out.

Bournemouth fans would be fuming, how the hell was that not a handball!!

I think it's the current interpretation. It was incidental contact but not by the player who scored.

I have more issue with the Matty Cash and Jordan Zemura penalty awards. The ball is slammed into their arms from about 2m. What is natural position of a defender at full stretch to block a cross?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's the current interpretation. It was incidental contact but not by the player who scored.

I have more issue with the Matty Cash and Jordan Zemura penalty awards. The ball is slammed into their arms from about 2m. What is natural position of a defender at full stretch to block a cross?

I wouldn't call moving his body towards the ball so he can hit it with his hand incidental personally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back