Premier Lg EPL Matchday 13 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Always so happy when Martial scores. He’s been through plenty of injuries in his career so it’s nice when he does score.
He was guaranteed to score against us. 9 goals now, not sure if that is just PL or including cups but if it's just PL then 9 of 62 against one side is ridiculous. Would have rather you started Hojlund as he can't finish.

If we hadn't been docked 10 points and built this game up, I'd just shrug my shoulders and move on.

A worldie, a pen, nothing really working for us despite a lot of shots and decent close to the first half. It happens over the course of 38 games.

Sadly, with the build up and well the fact we're deep in the bottom 3, it's a real gut punch of a loss. Forest away next is massive, need all 3 points or we're deep in the mire.

He was guaranteed to score against us. 9 goals now, not sure if that is just PL or including cups but if it's just PL then 9 of 62 against one side is ridiculous. Would have rather you started Hojlund as he can't finish.
I wish we could play you every week. For the epic banter and the 3 points.

Not sure if I'd want the players too fired up though. More professional to just go about with your business (Which recently has been good).

Been unlucky tonight but I think the players have gone about it the right way.
I guess there's a balance to be found, just think that United haven't had many more comfortable outings than this one.

I cast.my.mind back to the post Lescott transfer days between us and Everton. Moyes for a few years had the team breathing fire, particularly at Goodison. We really struggled with it and that was the sort of approach I thought I'd see today.

I guess there's a balance to be found, just think that United haven't had many more comfortable outings than this one.

I cast.my.mind back to the post Lescott transfer days between us and Everton. Moyes for a few years had the team breathing fire, particularly at Goodison. We really struggled with it and that was the sort of approach I thought I'd see today.
Moyes was constantly criticised for failing to beat Top 6 sides, commonly termed with bringing a knife to a gun fight and was one of the main praises of Martinez when he came in. We were a more steely team back then though, for sure.

I've seen too many derbies though where we come out trying to impose on the contest and end up with reds or lose sight of the match itself. I think the worldie from Garnacho threw a big spanner in the works for our plans tonight, likely wanted to just sit back for the first 20 or so and play off the counter.

Thought we finished the first half well but didn't get rewarded. Poor second half overall and it is what it is. For all the mockery that goes United's way, their bench is still better than our starting XI. It was always going to be a tough ask, especially with the external noise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some quality goals overnight. Emery is getting s**t done, really pleased for him. Are Spurs still the “real winners” despite 3 consecutive losses though :D

Shades of Rooney’s goal vs City with Garnacho.

That was a hell of a save from Martinez with his hand.

Oooff that was one hell of a goal by Garnacho, doesn’t get much better. 3 goals, clean sheet, 6pts off top with a GD of 0 😂😂

Newcastle will give us a bath next.
You're the form team of the league!

He's done nothing all season until now so sums up our season
Can we play Everton for the rest of the season?

United players especially tonight. All of them have gone down like they've been shot but are somehow still on the field
I know right we're the only team that does it how dare we.

How are we not level? So many chances spurned.
A norf and evertonian fan never thought i'd see the day.

You think it’s just this match because Garnacho is playing against your club? He gets attacked quite regularly on here.
United always get attacked on here lol.

Everton definitely dominated us in that first half just couldn't finish to save your life.

Some quality goals overnight. Emery is getting s**t done, really pleased for him. Are Spurs still the “real winners” despite 3 consecutive losses though :D

Shades of Rooney’s goal vs City with Garnacho.

That was a hell of a save from Martinez with his hand.
Have you seem Tottenham's injury list? They have almost their entire first XI out as well as some of the first choice replacements.

Have you seem Tottenham's injury list? They have almost their entire first XI out as well as some of the first choice replacements.
They played with 2 full backs at CB and son had a hattrick of offside goals as well as them hitting the post. It seems bad right now sure but it was a decent performance

Yeah watched the highlights and delighted with the result as a Villa fan but realistic as well. Playing against a ridiculously depleted side who created more chances and were unlucky. Not the most convincing performance but 3 points.
Villa are quality. Almost guaranteed to play champions League this next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back