Premier Lg EPL Matchday 13 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

They’re a good chance but I still think Newcastle and Spurs will finish ahead of them, maybe even United. Far from guaranteed this early in the season.

I hope they do though.
England will have 5 places in the champions League next year. Could see one of Newcastle or Tottenham going above but not both.

Utd no chance till they figure out how to score imo

This is typical Ange. Dominates games but due to the lack of quality depth at his disposal, is open defensively. Happened at Celtic and Australia.
Levy won’t give him any budget either. Did this with Conte.

This is typical Ange. Dominates games but due to the lack of quality depth at his disposal, is open defensively. Happened at Celtic and Australia.
This is a strange take. He's missing both CBs, and his 3 first choice midfielders plus some depth players and is a couple months into his project lol. In what world would he have the squad he needs already? The squads not terrible if everyone's fit. If City or Liverpool were missing their 5 best mids and CBs they'd struggle as well

So basically there are only two ways to play in your view? Football isn't only Ange or Conte. There is a whole wide world of options.
Ange has been successful in every country he's managed in by having a tactic that he sticks with and has his team master. It's a piss weak mindset to throw it all away because of a major injury/suspension crisis

If anything now is the time to attack. They had 4 FBs in defence and no defensive mids. What world would a defensive tactic even work when you have no good defenders.

They outplayed villa, another day they win that game. This is a multi year project, there's no benefit to changing everything now

If City or Pool were missing so many key players they would adapt their tactics to suit the players at their disposals.
The tactics were fine. The amount of chances missed especially in the 1st half were the issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Ange left Dier out but he was unavailable ...so that means they had zero CBs available for even the bench!

Looking tougher for Everton with Bournemouth and Luton showing signs of life.
Dier was on the bench, almost came on 15 minutes in for Udogie

Yeah watched the highlights and delighted with the result as a Villa fan but realistic as well. Playing against a ridiculously depleted side who created more chances and were unlucky. Not the most convincing performance but 3 points.
Could not be less concerned losing than watching this morning.
Started with 40% of our squad unavailable and a bad Cash tackle made that worse after 1/2 an hour.

Ange will move players in January and again in the summer. Very keen to see how good we can be this time next year.
They’re a good chance but I still think Newcastle and Spurs will finish ahead of them, maybe even United. Far from guaranteed this early in the season.

I hope they do though.
Getting to the January returns of Maddison and VDV will be tough. Can see more losses while needing to play Dier in matches, not confident if Bentancur is missing again. Son, Bissouma and Sarr all gone in January.
Spin from Conte that is not based in truth.

He was given Bentancur and Kulusevski in his first window in January. Then had 180m euros spent on his squad last season. Technically that's 250m given the purchase of Kulusevski and Porro from loans happened this summer under Ange but they were bought under Conte.

The notion he wasn't backed is utter horseshit.

Jose, I would agree with. 4 months into signing covid broke out and football club revenues nosedived as did transfer spending.
He was a bit unlucky.

This is a strange take. He's missing both CBs, and his 3 first choice midfielders plus some depth players and is a couple months into his project lol. In what world would he have the squad he needs already? The squads not terrible if everyone's fit. If City or Liverpool were missing their 5 best mids and CBs they'd struggle as well
That’s what I’m saying.
The depth is lacking and Ange is steadfast in playing his style. It opens up for other teams to take advantage.
Just hope Ange can buy a few players.

Is Richarlison definitely not coming back?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back