EPL Matchday 13

and if var could get involved for palace's, then it should've been involved for liverpool's winner with van dijk bundling over a palace player in the box.
Nah. First one was a clear push. The second one was VVD toepoking a ball and then after the Palace player walked back into him and fell over.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Nah. First one was a clear push. The second one was VVD toepoking a ball and then after the Palace player walked back into him and fell over.
but as ayew didnt head the ball and lovren wasnt at the ball, why is var checking anything other than if ayew should be sent off?

Jan 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, PAOK
but as ayew didnt head the ball and lovren wasnt at the ball, why is var checking anything other than if ayew should be sent off?

Because VAR is allowed to check if there is any infringements in the lead up to goal?

Nah on second thought can't be that, must be the FA trying to hand Liverpool the title and rip it away from City

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Because VAR is allowed to check if there is any infringements in the lead up to goal?

Nah on second thought can't be that, must be the FA trying to hand Liverpool the title and rip it away from City
yeah must be.

just find it odd that other pushes in the box havent been deemed hard enough to overturn, but this is.

yeah must be.

just find it odd that other pushes in the box havent been deemed hard enough to overturn, but this is.
Another that comes to mind, Villa vs (Brighton I think) ages ago where the keeper barely got touched and they disallowed the goal via VAR for a push.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Another that comes to mind, Villa vs (Brighton I think) ages ago where the keeper barely got touched and they disallowed the goal via VAR for a push.
keeper stuff is always chook lotto though. the palace goal shouldnt have stood as the foul occurred before tomkins got a head on it, but aurier barging into snodgrass i think it was just hours earlier wasnt looked at. just comes back to consistency and how this season has just been a massive frustration when everything was meant to be solved.

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
LiVARpool 👍👍

Still think the Scousers will win the league on their own merits, but blimey they have been extraordinarily fortunate that so many Video Assisted Ref decisions have gone their way.

Firmino offside vs Villa, handball vs Villa, Matip penalty vs Newcastle, Origi foul vs United, Mane handball vs United. We’ve had our fair share of ones that haven’t gone our way as well but it doesn’t suit the narrative.

Naturally when you’re on top people want to look for a reason to discredit you and the LiVARpool angle is the one people are going with for us. Reminds me a bit of the whole “Fergie time” thing with United. I’m not losing sleep over it and I don’t think any other Liverpool fans are either.

keeper stuff is always chook lotto though. the palace goal shouldnt have stood as the foul occurred before tomkins got a head on it, but aurier barging into snodgrass i think it was just hours earlier wasnt looked at. just comes back to consistency and how this season has just been a massive frustration when everything was meant to be solved.
Was the Aurier/Snodgrass thing a pen shout in Spurs defensive box that was waved off by the ref?

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Firmino offside vs Villa, handball vs Villa, Matip penalty vs Newcastle, Origi foul vs United, Mane handball vs United. We’ve had our fair share of ones that haven’t gone our way as well but it doesn’t suit the narrative.

Naturally when you’re on top people want to look for a reason to discredit you and the LiVARpool angle is the one people are going with for us. Reminds me a bit of the whole “Fergie time” thing with United. I’m not losing sleep over it and I don’t think any other Liverpool fans are either.

Fair enough, the Fergie Time narrative was true though:)

This current Liverpool squad just seems so likable (especially Mo Salah and Mane) so I am not unhappy they will win the league, except for the fact it was nice to be able to brag that Leeds have been champions of England more recently than Liverpool.

All good things must come to an end though, at the very least a Liverpool title will enrage Man U fans, so I would also be happy with your triumph from that point of view 👍👍👍

Northalives

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
The only "technology" that should be used is the goal-line technology - that is purely black and white. VAR is bullshit and it undermines the refs and the game. It is destroying the game.

The linesman flagged the Sterling one? How can he be so sure when it's that close? I thought they were supposed to keep it down in these situations and let VAR have a look.

I don't know, but he did.

You leave it down until the play ends then raise the flag if you thought it was offside.

Then he needs to be stood down for guessing. Benefit of the doubt should go to the attacker. I was talking more in general for that sort of umpires call rule being applied

Uhh what?

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
The linesman flagged the Sterling one? How can he be so sure when it's that close? I thought they were supposed to keep it down in these situations and let VAR have a look.

If they think it is offside they are trained to flag only after the balll goes in the net to prevent interference with play.

carnthemlions

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
San Francisco 49ers, Hertha Berlin
Are Leicester really that plucky?

They are a well put together squad with a decent manager.
They're definitely punching above their weight. Maddison, Tielemans and Ndidi are quality but I can't see clubs lining up to pay big money for the rest of their squad. You would've been mad if you thought Perez and Barnes starting just about every game would get them this far at the start of the season.

Back