EPL Matchday 14

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder what WR would say if an Arsenal fan threw a peel at Sanchez or Wanyama.
Depends doesn’t it. If it was a very white and very bald tattooed individual then I’m afraid I’d be prejudiced enough to think there was racial intent behind his actions. If, like in this instance, he was a middle aged Greek Cypriot bloke who looks rather “normal” then I’m fair minded enough to give him the benefit of any doubt on this occasion. He should be given a very final warning about his future behaviour when following spurs and told any future discrepancy would leave the club with no option but ban him for life. Tottenham should then have come out and said that any bananas thrown onto the pitch or anything considered racial slander will be met with instant lifetime bans. Then there can be no doubt if it happens again.

I’m not sure what people are finding so difficult to understand. I basically said if you ban everyone who can’t control their emotions at a football match then you are going to end up with a prawn sandwich type atmosphere. Letting your emotions get the better of you doesn’t mean steaming into the away fans section and kicking ten tonnes of s**t out of anyone in your path though. It may mean getting overly vocal, singing derogatory songs and using bad language and unfortunately throwing fruit peel on to the pitch. I wouldn’t count any of those things as being a hooligan

Right. So what you're saying is that you don't mind people being homophobic in their chants, people throwing things on the pitch, or at players, or getting into scuffles. That's hooliganism.

Right. So what you're saying is that you don't mind people being homophobic in their chants, people throwing things on the pitch, or at players, or getting into scuffles. ReThat's hooliganism.
What I’m saying is you are going to get unsavoury instances when rowdy young men get together in a tribal sense, and quite honestly it’s in the main these people who create a lot of the highly charged atmosphere at matches that English football is known for. If you want to ban them for being too “emotional” as was suggested, then you’ll end up with an atmosphere similar to what you get in the MLS or the A League.

What I’m saying is you are going to get unsavoury instances when rowdy young men get together in a tribal sense, and quite honestly it’s in the main these people who create a lot of the highly charged atmosphere at matches that English football is known for. If you want to ban them for being too “emotional” as was suggested, then you’ll end up with an atmosphere similar to what you get in the MLS or the A League.

I know what you're saying. You keep going around in circles and had a pop at poor Juggs when he had no misunderstanding with what you were syaing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back