EPL Matchday 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Leicester are showing far better defensive form currently

Funny these 2-1s 3-1s 3-2s etc Liverpool are walking away with every week, but it doesn't look like ending any time soon

Although no clean sheets, I don’t think we’ve conceded more than 1 in any game.

VAR missed a handball by Djenepo in the build up to the first.

Pretty astounding when you look at the replay of it.

Flores is gone, get on him to be next one sacked...

Liverpool are probably one of the worst 13-1-0 teams going around. Scrapping their way through every game, it’s hard not to see them dropping a few points in the run home. Dont get me wrong.. they’re still a quality side, but nowhere near the unbeatable juggernaut side that everyone talks them up to be. Could just as easily be sitting down there with the following pack.
Liverpool seem to be having the most blessed run of teams missing guilt edged chances against them. I’d say the tide would turn eventually, but they will probably be too far clear for it to matter by then

Liverpool definitely blessed. Obviously they are also a great side but they are getting all sorts of luck with it. They’ve got such a buffer now that they should see it home. City aren’t playing at the same level they were over the last seasons. Leicester might be Liverpool's bigger threat if you had to choose between the two

According to most, Dalglish’s 87-88 side (the first I can remember watching, led by Barnes, Beardsley & Hansen) was the best in the club’s history. In my opinion this group has built a strong case over the last 2 years to claim that title.

- Champions League winners + runner up,
- 97 points in 2018/19,
- undefeated in 31 league games,
- 1 loss (against for me one of the greatest sides in English football history) in our last 52 league games.
Long way to go but if they cap it off with a league title this year I think they put it beyond doubt.

I guess it’s natural to want to downplay the achievements of your rivals but with such consistency over such an extended period, it’s getting funnier every week to come in here and hear people putting every win down to luck, or that we’ve been blessed with x, y, z.

Every successful side in history had periods where they continued to win despite not playing like the Harlem Globetrotters, and experienced both good and bad luck in equal measure. This Liverpool side is no different, but win the league this year and they should be considered up there with the best of them in my opinion.

Last edited:

According to most, Dalglish’s 87-88 side (the first I can remember watching, led by Barnes, Beardsley & Hansen) was the best in the club’s history. In my opinion this group has built a strong case over the last 2 years to claim that title.

- Champions League winners + runner up,
- 97 points in 2018/19,
- undefeated in 31 league games,
- 1 loss (against for me one of the greatest sides in English football history) in our last 52 league games.
Cap it off with a league title this year and I think they put it beyond doubt.

I guess it’s natural to want to downplay the achievements of your rivals but with such consistency over such an extended period, it’s getting funnier every week to come in here and hear people putting every win down to luck, or that we’ve been blessed with x, y, z.

Every successful side in history had periods where they continued to win despite not playing like the Harlem Globetrotters, and experienced both good and bad luck in equal measure. This Liverpool side is no different, but win the league this year and they should be considered up there with the best of them in my opinion.

The way they played last year was far better than this year imo. Out of 14 games I reckon there’s been at least half where it was 50/50 and they could easily be sitting here with City’s record. That’s the sign of a good team I agree.. but I just don’t think there’s as much of a gap in class as there was last season. Last year they were cruising past everyone and it only took one of the great PL sides to get in their way. Feels like that was the season that deserved the title.. this one they’ve dropped back to the pack slightly, but still one of the best.

Huge huge win, and very sweet being against Lampard.

Defenders had so much more confidence with an actual competent goalkeeper behind em for a change.

Who’d have thought that leaving Roberto out would lead to such a positive outcome. He should never be seen at premier league level again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way they played last year was far better than this year imo. Out of 14 games I reckon there’s been at least half where it was 50/50 and they could easily be sitting here with City’s record. That’s the sign of a good team I agree.. but I just don’t think there’s as much of a gap in class as there was last season. Last year they were cruising past everyone and it only took one of the great PL sides to get in their way. Feels like that was the season that deserved the title.. this one they’ve dropped back to the pack slightly, but still one of the best.
conversely, liverpool dont have this season if they didnt get so close last season

I'd be very surprised if Leicester, let alone City can catch Liverpool.

Too much needs to go wrong for Liverpool for them to lose this lead.
It would be a very Liverpool thing to do though dont you think? I wont feel comfortable until its beyond doubt.

24 games to go. Prob need 20 wins

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

It would be a very Liverpool thing to do though dont you think? I wont feel comfortable until its beyond doubt.

24 games to go. Prob need 20 wins

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
that would require us to win 24/24 games. im gonna say that probably wont happen.

Liverpool are probably one of the worst 13-1-0 teams going around. Scrapping their way through every game, it’s hard not to see them dropping a few points in the run home. Dont get me wrong.. they’re still a quality side, but nowhere near the unbeatable juggernaut side that everyone talks them up to be. Could just as easily be sitting down there with the following pack.

One of the worst 13-1-0 sides going around? Not sure if you're taking the pi$$. How many 13-1-0 sides are going around?

Liverpool could do a City and win games by 5 goals and then drop points Every other week but what would be the point of that? Have you seen Liverpool's cluster* schedule in December? They are clearly doing the bare minimum to get the job done.

Last year they played like world beaters, had less losses than City and still missed out on the League. But was happy to see them crowned champions of Europe. So if this year they change tact which makes them the worst 13-1-0 side going around, so be it, I'll take it.

Liverpool would need the biggest choke in PL history to lose from here. 11 points ahead of City and they've probably not dropped that many points in the last year have they?

Also they are very deserving title winners. Any club who could extract the transfer fee they did from Bournemouth for Solanke is medal worthy!

Well that was embarrassing. West Ham deserved to win that by more, not once did we look like scoring whereas they looked threatening every time they went forward. Tomori and Mount had great starts to the year but have both dropped off significantly, both need a rest. Pedro and Giroud are finished and should be first out the door in January. The transfer ban has had a lot of positives but we lack a decent back-up striker and Tammy's injury proved that last night.

Villa and Everton to come. Can't put those down as wins given who we just lost to.

Leicester are showing far better defensive form currently

Funny these 2-1s 3-1s 3-2s etc Liverpool are walking away with every week, but it doesn't look like ending any time soon
I honestly believe it is down to them playing too high of a line and not having a creative midfielder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back