EPL Matchday 14

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Liverpool are probably one of the worst 13-1-0 teams going around. Scrapping their way through every game, it’s hard not to see them dropping a few points in the run home. Dont get me wrong.. they’re still a quality side, but nowhere near the unbeatable juggernaut side that everyone talks them up to be. Could just as easily be sitting down there with the following pack.
We're not playing as well as we can. But our mentality is top class which means grinding out results.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Mou has got Alli back in a groove it seems. He was in such bad form before that people were comparing him to Lingard.
He was actually showing signs of improvement just before the change. He's such a confidence player that when he plays with swagger everything he touches turns to gold

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Liverpool would need the biggest choke in PL history to lose from here. 11 points ahead of City and they've probably not dropped that many points in the last year have they?

Also they are very deserving title winners. Any club who could extract the transfer fee they did from Bournemouth for Solanke is medal worthy!
Don't forget the money we got Ibe and B.Smith haha

I don't think it would be the biggest choke ever quite yet. If Leicester win tonight then we're actually only 8 clear.

Plus didn't Newcastle lead the league by 12 points after Xmas and still coughed it up.

Also what about United the year they were 7-8 points in front with only 4-5 games to go and lost it to City. I can't remember the exact details.

Either way... let's just hope we don't choke so we don't have to join that discussion.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I honestly believe it is down to them playing too high of a line and not having a creative midfielder.

The Alisson cluster * last night was 100% because of the high line again.

But for the odd goal it concedes it also creates a lot of goals and hence avoids the draws which cost Liverpool the title last year.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Don't forget the money we got Ibe and B.Smith haha

I don't think it would be the biggest choke ever quite yet. If Leicester win tonight then we're actually only 8 clear.

Plus didn't Newcastle lead the league by 12 points after Xmas and still coughed it up.

Also what about United the year they were 7-8 points in front with only 4-5 games to go and lost it to City. I can't remember the exact details.

Either way... let's just hope we don't choke so we don't have to join that discussion.
You have dropped 11 points all 2019. To do more than that in the next 6 months and city or Leicester have to go almost perfect. Start looking at flights for the bus parade it's over

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
The Alisson cluster fu** last night was 100% because of the high line again.

But for the odd goal it concedes it also creates a lot of goals and hence avoids the draws which cost Liverpool the title last year.
I agree with the first bit but are we scoring more goals? I’m not sure that it is.

PendlePie

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
When Liverpool dominated last year yet still lost to City, people said they just weren’t good enough. Most opposition supporters laughed at it.

Now they’re well clear at the top but happen to be *slightly* less dominant, but that’s not good enough either?

Turn it up haha. They’re a faultless club at the moment.

Creative or holding mid? Fabinho is a holding mid isn't he?

Or do you think ball retention would be better with a creative mid in the side?
Gini-Fabinho-Henderson is too negative. We need to give Ox a good run of games ahead of 1 of Gini or Hendo.

Unfortunately for us Fabinho is injured so Gini probs fills Fabinhos CDM role, Ox then takes Gini spot.

I'm going to turn into Michael Owen here and say the obvious, but Chelsea's last 2 games puts them at a distant 4th in the title race (Like a less than 5% chance) and more into a CL qualification battle. I'll rule them out completely if they draw the next game.

I'm going to turn into Michael Owen here and say the obvious, but Chelsea's last 2 games puts them at a distant 4th in the title race (Like a less than 5% chance) and more into a CL qualification battle. I'll rule them out completely if they draw the next game.
We were never in the title race, too many kids. CL would be a bonus given that many predicted us to miss out on European football altogether.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
No law that says they have to. Might as well say the same for a corner.. oh wait if you say that then your comeback against Barcelona becomes invalid.

There is zero requirement for a whistle from a corner kick. There is a requirement for a whistle from a set piece when the referee indicates as much. Most referees won't blow the whistle when a player is not run up and would generally wait for a player to be ready after just bring subbed on.

Guaranteed you would have had a huge meltdown if it went the other way. It was poor refereeing by Atkinson but we got on with it. Onwards & upwards, hopefully we score another Merseyside derby winner that was out of bounds like last time.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

According to most, Dalglish’s 87-88 side (the first I can remember watching, led by Barnes, Beardsley & Hansen) was the best in the club’s history. In my opinion this group has built a strong case over the last 2 years to claim that title.

- Champions League winners + runner up,
- 97 points in 2018/19,
- undefeated in 31 league games,
- 1 loss (against for me one of the greatest sides in English football history) in our last 52 league games.
Long way to go but if they cap it off with a league title this year I think they put it beyond doubt.

I guess it’s natural to want to downplay the achievements of your rivals but with such consistency over such an extended period, it’s getting funnier every week to come in here and hear people putting every win down to luck, or that we’ve been blessed with x, y, z.

Every successful side in history had periods where they continued to win despite not playing like the Harlem Globetrotters, and experienced both good and bad luck in equal measure. This Liverpool side is no different, but win the league this year and they should be considered up there with the best of them in my opinion.

You're wrong, it's all a fluke.

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 5.38.57 pm.png

Naturally being a liverpool fan, its a bit too late to get on us to win it this year. I put this on a few weeks ago banking City to drop a few points and aim for Champions league. Leicester playing some very good attacking football and should jump to second tonight, but i preferred if they dropped points so we can build that gap even more. Decent shout if anyone likes a gamble

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Liverpool fans as tetchy as ever. No ones saying they’re not an exceptional team, more that they’re getting a ton of luck with it. They’re not playing nearly as well as last season for me yet they’re averaging more points. No ones catching them now anyway

Back