EPL Matchday 15

sorted

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Still, it is drummed into footballers from a young age to never stop playing until the ref blows the whistle. Poor to just stop.
Until this season, if the linesman raises his flag then it's offside and everyone stops. The whistle comes later.

The linesman should be keeping his flag down if it's tight - so it was an error in the Sheff U v Newcastle game.

But there needs to be a change to the VAR rules that if the linesman raises his flag incorrectly then the play stops.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RossFC

May 23, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Oh yes, agree the lino erred. They are supposed to flag after the ball goes in the net if they believe an offside has happened.

Still, it is drummed into footballers from a young age to never stop playing until the ref blows the whistle. Poor to just stop.
It’s still harsh on Dean Henderson. He got distracted by everyone stopping and a flag going up for an apparent “obvious” offside.

sorted

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
It’s still harsh on Dean Henderson. He got distracted by everyone stopping and a flag going up for an apparent “obvious” offside.
I've got some empathy with Sheff U boss Chris Wilder. VAR has taken some of the joy out of football. You go mad when there's a goal then there's the nothing during the review process which can take a couple of minutes.

It's different to the game we grew up watching, and different to the game that is played at a non elite level across the world.

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
Would have been even harsher on Shelvey if play was stopped by the referee for an incorrect offside call. Play to the whistle, simple mantra to follow and you can't go wrong if you follow it.

Referees need to put their offside flags away for all but the most obvious offsides until the ball is in the back of the net.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Is manè better than salah?
In 2019, yeah I think Mané has been slightly better, but they’re pretty even for me. For some reason Salah seems to be held to far higher standards which I think skews people’s perceptions of the two. For example, people were talking about Salah having a poor start to the season and Mané being on fire, but looking at their stats there was next to nothing between them.

E801EC22-D594-4164-873D-7C9E0E65DB3B.jpeg

Top Bottom