EPL Matchday 15

Remove this Banner Ad

People can say what they like about Leeds but jeez they are great fun to watch.

I wish my mob were half as entertaining.
I wouldn’t mind a boring win now and then

That is a penalty every day of the week.

Bamford got the ball, Pope took him out.

Every pundit on Optus saw it the same way.
Which probably means I’m right.

Bamford certainly got the ball...but so did Pope. They kept saying on Optus that Bamford ‘got it first’. That doesn’t matter. Pope got the ball and that’s that.

How did you see the Burnley non-goal?

Which probably means I’m right.

Bamford certainly got the ball...but so did Pope. They kept saying on Optus that Bamford ‘got it first’. That doesn’t matter. Pope got the ball and that’s that.

How did you see the Burnley non-goal?
Pope went through Bamford to get the ball. Its a foul anywhere on the pitch. This isn't subjective, you're just wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok well that’s simply not true. If anything, he went through the ball to get Bamford.

If you go through the ball and get a player it's also a foul..

Can you cite that in the rule book?

Can you cite in the rules where it says it isn't a foul if you take the ball first?

The rules cite that a foul is playing in a dangerous manner, there is no mention of "Unless you take the ball first".

Can you cite in the rules where it says it isn't a foul if you take the ball first?

The rules cite that a foul is playing in a dangerous manner, there is no mention of "Unless you take the ball first".
Right so that’s your point is it. It was ‘dangerous’. At least I know what I’m disagreeing with now.

I just don’t see how it was ‘dangerous’. Both players had to go for the ball. Both players got the ball. Play on.

Right so that’s your point is it. It was ‘dangerous’. At least I know what I’m disagreeing with now.

I just don’t see how it was ‘dangerous’. Both players had to go for the ball. Both players got the ball. Play on.

No I'm pointing out that the Laws of the Game talk about many different things that can be deemed fouls, none of which are mitigated by taking the ball first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back