EPL Matchday 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw we got linked to Clyne actually a week or two ago. What do you reckon the chances of him leaving come January are?
I really hope we don't loan/sell him. With Gomez injured (and IMO should stay at CB) I hope Clyne can get fit and be a good backup for Arnold.

Would be disappointed if we sold him for less than 15-20mil. I reckon he's worth more than the 12mil we bought him for 3 years ago.

Loook I’ll be delighted when we finally leave that place but this “technically all our games are away” stuff is getting on my ****. We’ve played at Wembley for nearly a season and a half plus an additional CL campaign the season before that, more than enough time to adjust and climatise to the venue. You do also realise we have the home support when we play there right? ;)
We've been getting about 30-45k at an 80k venue. There's nothing homely about it anymore

Not all clubs are the same and not all clubs have the same supporter bases. People with certain kinds of views tend to congregate around football clubs or in supporter groups. So you get clubs with minority left or right wing ultras as well as generally smaller clubs where these groups are more noticeable. I tend to go with guilt by association when it come to the like of Red Star, Lazio, Real Madrid, Chelsea and so on. **** em all.
Some will have more than others. Lazio a very good shout on that but I think in England by and large it's a diverse set of supporters at every ground and with that diversity comes the idiots who tarnish the whole club

Come on.
Lost two at home, still hitting 2 PPG.

Well beaten by the dippers playing some dysfunctional diamond.
1-0 to city with a couple of must score chances fluffed.
2ppg is good but not great at home. You'd assume you would get less away than at home so if went the whole season with 2.0 at home and 1.9 away we'd only manage 72 points which again isn't bad but isn't great. This season a 2.2 at both wouldn't be a stretch for us

I've not heard much about the game, but got a message with the score and a comment that we were deservedly beaten.

Should calm down a bit of the uncompetitive league nonsense.
Having Aguero, KDB and Mendy out, as well as D.Silva being injured during the game made Man City look human.

Mahrez-Sterling-Sane can't be used in a big game again I don't think. Gabriel Jesus may not be of the level of them overall but as a ST he at least is a natural there and the 2 wingers tend to play better with a proper striker leading the line

Saw we got linked to Clyne actually a week or two ago. What do you reckon the chances of him leaving come January are?
Absolutely no idea if im honest mate. Nobody seems to know why Clyne just suddenly doesnt play. He was first choice RB for Klopp when Klopp came in. He's obviously very talented. He had a long injury lay off but the injury lay off was rife with rumours that he was out for other things other than an injury. Drugs were suggested. But nobody knows the truth and nothing concrete was reported.

While all that was going on, TAA and Gomez both stepped up hugely and now Clyne never even makes a matchday squad.

No idea is Klopp wants him around, but given his very limited opportunities I wouldnt be surprised if he wants out and I'm sure we'd be fine to let him go considering we have Gomez and TAA.

Absolutely no idea if im honest mate. Nobody seems to know why Clyne just suddenly doesnt play. He was first choice RB for Klopp when Klopp came in. He's obviously very talented. He had a long injury lay off but the injury lay off was rife with rumours that he was out for other things other than an injury. Drugs were suggested. But nobody knows the truth and nothing concrete was reported.

While all that was going on, TAA and Gomez both stepped up hugely and now Clyne never even makes a matchday squad.

No idea is Klopp wants him around, but given his very limited opportunities I wouldnt be surprised if he wants out and I'm sure we'd be fine to let him go considering we have Gomez and TAA.
Since the league cup game vs Chelsea, he was on the bench once every couple of games, then had a minor injury, then was an unused bench player, then was sick for a week, then was on the bench again and is now Klopp says he's out for 2-3 weeks for some reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since the league cup game vs Chelsea, he was on the bench once every couple of games, then had a minor injury, then was an unused bench player, then was sick for a week, then was on the bench again and is now Klopp says he's out for 2-3 weeks for some reason.
Yep. Often gets left out of the squad for Moreno too even when fit. No clue what's happened to him. Strange fall from grace for Clyne.

Should calm down a bit of the uncompetitive league nonsense.
So one defeat makes it competitive? Your record since the start of last season; won 45, drawn 6, lost 3. Not a good advert for a competitive league is it? Look further; Liverpool unbeaten in 16 games this season and won every game against a non “top six” side. Tottenham won 10 out of 11 matches against non top six sides. How is that competitive? :rolleyes:

So one defeat makes it competitive? Your record since the start of last season; won 45, drawn 6, lost 3. Not a good advert for a competitive league is it? Look further; Liverpool unbeaten in 16 games this season and won every game against a non “top six” side. Tottenham won 10 out of 11 matches against non top six sides. How is that competitive? :rolleyes:

Depends how you define competitive I guess.

For me there was always a side on top that used to beat up on everyone else. It was usually United. Sometimes Chelsea/Arsenal and before them it was Liverpool.

At City the thought of beating any one of them was wishful thinking at best.

Occasionally that one side at the top was joined by a second and we'd have a title race. But more often than not one side ran away with it.

Today we've got two right up there and another three playing well, picking up points and staying within touching distance.

For us we've had an amazing 16 months. But it's a myth that we're unbeatable, and plenty of sides right through the table have given us problems in that time.

Surely with Gomez set to miss 6-8 weeks Clyne stays until at least the end of the season.

Depends how you define competitive I guess.

For me there was always a side on top that used to beat up on everyone else. It was usually United. Sometimes Chelsea/Arsenal and before them it was Liverpool.

At City the thought of beating any one of them was wishful thinking at best.

Occasionally that one side at the top was joined by a second and we'd have a title race. But more often than not one side ran away with it.

Today we've got two right up there and another three playing well, picking up points and staying within touching distance.

For us we've had an amazing 16 months. But it's a myth that we're unbeatable, and plenty of sides right through the table have given us problems in that time.
No you’re wrong. It’s never been like this before. We’ve never seen goal difference amassed in this way. We’ve never seen teams swatted aside in such a routine and predictable manner. There’s no intrigue or suspense anymore as you know the result before a ball has been kicked. Now let’s take a look at Arsenal in their invincible season as comparison; 14 of their games were won by a single goal and only twice did they win a match by four goals or more (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003–04_FA_Premier_League). Overall GD of +47 (City’s is already +36). 24 points dropped in total (more points than you have dropped in nearly a season and a half). These are the facts (© Rafa 2009).

No you’re wrong. It’s never been like this before. We’ve never seen goal difference amassed in this way. We’ve never seen teams swatted aside in such a routine and predictable manner. There’s no intrigue or suspense anymore as you know the result before a ball has been kicked. Now let’s take a look at Arsenal in their invincible season as comparison; 14 of their games were won by a single goal and only twice did they win a match by four goals or more (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003–04_FA_Premier_League). Overall GD of +47 (City’s is already +36). 24 points dropped in total (more points than you have dropped in nearly a season and a half). These are the facts ( Rafa 2009).
Yet we're currently second in our league.

Bloody Liverpool ruining football again.

Yet we're currently second in our league.

Bloody Liverpool ruining football again.
I’m not arguing there’s not a race by a few select teams at the top ya muppet. I’m saying that watching City and Liverpool playing anyone outside the top six has become a huge waste of time for the neutral. The success of the Prem was built on the unexpected happening. On their day almost any team could beat any other team. That’s no longer the case

Remove this Banner Ad

Back