EPL Matchday 16

Remove this Banner Ad

That was just your FA Cup fixtures this decade. League cup you got the likes of Northampton, Notts County, Leeds.

It's the nature of cup draws. You're on a bad run, as we have been in the past. We're on a good run as you have been in the past.

Don't get the obsession tbh.
When Craig Bellamy said you got Burton before the draw came out last year, it felt pretty dodgy to me.

Well it seems Liverpool have the title in the bag, unless a catastrophic collapse happens.

Bloody huge win for us, knocked over both spurs and city in the space of 4 days, get in!!!!

You can't win a title half way through the season but you can lose one. Will reassess where we are after we have played Leicester on boxing day. Possibly only have 2 fit CBs now which is a concern going forward.

Tin foil hat time
I'll admit I'm wearing one on this instance at least, but my mind has wondered just from what I've seen in recent times. Football might not be squeaky clean.

I'll admit I'm wearing one on this instance at least, but my mind has wondered just from what I've seen in recent times. Football might not be squeaky clean.
It wouldn't surprise me at all, but I'd put getting a couple of decent draws after a decade of tough draws more down to the law of averages than anything dodgy.

Nothing more to add than that was as s**t as we've played in a fair while. Willian needs to be flipped and a proper RW bought in, Azpi is a liability and it's coming to the end for him(and we need a propper LB) and Zouma/Christensen partnership at CB just never works. Thankfully Rudiger is fit again, just need to work out who's the best partner for him.

Credit to Kovacic though, he's having one hell of a season so far and looks a great buy. Got to be close to TOTS.

Fair chance we'll be out of top 6 by Xmas.

Masterclass in defending by United. That’s twice in four days they’ve nullified two potent attacking teams. Have we underestimated Ole?
United lift for big games, their issue has been woeful performances against average/s**t opposition. Huge win that's basically now gifted Pool the title but it'll count for little if they can't get it done against Everton and Watford. Win those, however, then they're primed for 4th.

Last edited:
United lift for big games, their issue has been woeful performances against average/s**t opposition. Huge win that's basically now gifted Pool the title but it'll count for little if they can't beat Everton and Watford. Win those, however, then they're prime for 4th.
Yeah it appears to be the case. Probably because United are one of these these teams who are suited to counter attacking football rather than breaking down buses. Remember Liverpool being like that a few seasons ago

Yeah it appears to be the case. Probably because United are one of these these teams who are suited to counter attacking football rather than breaking down buses. Remember Liverpool being like that a few seasons ago
And that why they have problems beating the lower sides that don't allow them to sit back and hit on the counter. Ole needs a plan B for those teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still recall fondly that CL game at Stamford Bridge against Barcelona in 2009…..Don't tell me that ref wasn't paid-off there.....His second-half was legendary.

Wan-Bissaka had your entire forward line in his back pocket. But you know, defending is not important for defenders :D
if you want to play on the counter, sure. most of the top teams possess the ball though

Long way off being done. You guys need to win 15 straight and see what happens. Squad depth a concern for us.
liverpool arent losing 5 games. you know it, i know it, the pretend underdog facade is a bit old now

liverpool arent losing 5 games. you know it, i know it, the pretend underdog facade is a bit old now
I said a few weeks ago wait until the end of Jan, but after City and Chelseas recent results, I reckon I'd be willing to say we are smooth sailing if we beat Leicester away on Boxing Day.

I said a few weeks ago wait until the end of Jan, but after City and Chelseas recent results, I reckon I'd be willing to say we are smooth sailing if we beat Leicester away on Boxing Day.
again,it's over. liverpool are blatantly a level above this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back