FreoRicci

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Would be sensible to call of 2-3 weeks of football. Honestly, the Christmas period madness during a pandemic? What more did they want. Let the players spend time with their family, Serie A and Bundesliga have done this for years. Christmas break, and still finish season.
Epl allowing TV rights prevail here.

joop

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
The comments are not a massive issue, I just find it strange that she keeps going on about it. I have seen her on air 3 times now and she has said the same thing each time.
We had the best form going into Covid, had the best form after covid and now have 12 and 15 more points than the 2 other sides promoted so it’s pretty funny watching people continually try talk us down.

RPCB

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
“Two newly promoted teams and the difference between them in terms of class, quality and also fitness and intensity,” Carney said.

“Leeds were outstanding, we’ve criticised them in the last couple of weeks about clean sheets and how much they’ve conceded.

“That’s two back-to-back clean sheets now. I know we said about Meslier earlier, he’s unorthodox in what he does, but again two clean sheets.

“Fabulous performance and attacking-wise as clinical as ever.”
What a monster Karen Carney is!

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Would be sensible to call of 2-3 weeks of football. Honestly, the Christmas period madness during a pandemic? What more did they want. Let the players spend time with their family, Serie A and Bundesliga have done this for years. Christmas break, and still finish season.
53,000 new cases in one day... yikes

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Oh yeah what a great idea, hey guys during a huge rise in numbers, go spend time with you family mingling with a bunch of people and stay away from a professional environment. I trust none of you will come back with the virus ...

hawkman

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I think it's a bit irresponsible for a twitter account with over 600k followers to tweet something like that, let alone a football club.
Only 600k? I thought Leeds were meant to be a "massive" club who had just fallen on tough times. Didnt realise Watford had a bigger following.

Last edited:

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I thought Liverpool would run away the league, but maybe city might be a show here. Man Utd will fall apart. Surely.

Sozabarus

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not a great Christmas period for us, but top of the league heading in to the new year, can't really complain with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hawkman

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Amazing that if United win the game in hand they will be equal on points. If Everton, City or even Villa win theirs they will be 1 point behind

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Anybody else find it astonishing United are second and can now go top if they were win their game in hand?

For being consistently laughed at, they are having a decent season in the league.

RossFC

May 23, 2012
Alberton Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Scarily you are only 6 points behind us
This season is nuts, we were just talking about Spurs winning the title and Arsenal being relegated. Is this the most even season in a long time?

String a couple of wins together and you are right in it, drop a few points and it's a possible free fall.

hawkman

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
This season is nuts, we were just talking about Spurs winning the title and Arsenal being relegated. Is this the most even season in a long time?

String a couple of wins together and you are right in it, drop a few points and it's a possible free fall.
We do have a game in hand against Fulham. Win that and we move back into the top 4

Games postponed still to be played:
Burnley v Manchester United
Manchester City v Villa
Villa v Newcastle
Everton v Manchester City
Tottenham v Fulham

Every one of those has an impact at the top end of the table

Remove this Banner Ad