EPL Matchday 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Run the same angle how?

I still don't think you actually understood her point.

It’s not the first time she has said it, so actually I probably understand her stance more than you.

She clarified it, she doesn’t think we would have been promoted without COVID, fair enough, her opinion and all.

She’s still not absolved from criticism for her comments given she’s doing it on the live international broadcast not a talksport troll session with Aggy.

The Twitter trolls are a separate issue.

It’s not the first time she has said it, so actually I probably understand her stance more than you.

She clarified it, she doesn’t think we would have been promoted without COVID, fair enough, her opinion and all.

She’s still not absolved from criticism for her comments given she’s doing it on the live international broadcast not a talksport troll session with Aggy.

The Twitter trolls are a separate issue.

Odd if you understand her stance better than me that you've incorrectly cited it a couple of times now. But wouldn't be a discussion with you without the condescending attitude.

Right.. and that's what's being discussed.

The comments are not a massive issue, I just find it strange that she keeps going on about it. I have seen her on air 3 times now and she has said the same thing each time.

Hence the response. The club doesn’t jump down the throat of every journo with a differing opinion, just the serial trolls.

Hence the response. The club doesn’t jump down the throat of every journo with a differing opinion, just the serial trolls.

How about not jumping down anyone's throat and letting supporters talk s**t on Twitter but not inciting them?

How about not jumping down anyone's throat and letting supporters talk sh*t on Twitter but not inciting them?

How did they incite them?

You used the word “encouraged” before.

How did the club encourage comments of that nature?

You are getting into dangerous territory now.

Well that is Radz position.

I wish the club didn't tweet it tbh, but by the same token, Radz cannot be held responsible for the knuckle dragging fans who post crap there, and I appreciate his passion in defending the hard working players and coaching staff who have worked their ass off over the past 2-3 seasons.

Stan Collymore has also received much vile abuse (racist and death threats) for his opinions on football on Twitter.

How did they incite them?

You used the word “encouraged” before.

How did the club encourage comments of that nature?

You are getting into dangerous territory now.

Dangerous territory? PMSL.

They retweeted a Journos comments and took a shot at her. You see it all the time across twitter where someone with a big following retweets someone to have a go at them which then lets all their 'supporters' or followers jump into the original video and go after the person directly. This is not new, and you can't have me believe the Leeds admin is that naive.

I don't really think the club is responsible for the afters either. And it's not hard to avoid them, even for those involved.

I think you and/or the club are incredibly naive if they didn't know what would be the result of tweeting what they did. There's a way to hit back at the pundits who rubbish a club, and this ain't it.

I think you and/or the club are incredibly naive if they didn't know what would be the result of tweeting what they did. There's a way to hit back at the pundits who rubbish a club, and this ain't it.

They've done it plenty of times already this season. Not sure she should get a free pass because she's a woman.

If it was JFH in that tweet instead of Karen, would anyone give a sh*t?

Maybe not, but does it matter? What women in particular cop on social media is absolutely abhorrent and disgusting, and I don't think people understand just how bad it is, and a tweet like that is just opening the door for people to attack her for simply giving a football opinion that people disagree with.

I think it's a bit irresponsible for a twitter account with over 600k followers to tweet something like that, let alone a football club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've done it plenty of times already this season. Not sure she should get a free pass because she's a woman.

And I didn't really like it when they went after Agbonlahor either - although he seemed to be trolling them deliberately first so was a bit more ok for the banter to go back and forth. She was just making a normal, sensible point - as Leeds fans in this thread have acknowledged.

And I didn't really like it when they went after Agbonlahor either - although he seemed to be trolling them deliberately first so was a bit more ok for the banter to go back and forth. She was just making a normal, sensible point - as Leeds fans in this thread have acknowledged.

PMSL. A sensible point so completely relevant to the review of WBA vs Leeds.

She’s a troll and she just decided to insert the same old point again. She knew what the reaction was going to be, she’s said it before.

“Leeds ran them off their feet, but.....” let me just bring up an issue the side had 2 years ago as something that’s relevant to the match 10 minutes ago.

Terrible take, even from you.

PMSL. A sensible point so completely relevant to the review of WBA vs Leeds.

She’s a troll and she just decided to insert the same old point again. She knew what the reaction was going to be, she’s said it before.

“Leeds ran them off their feet, but.....” let me just bring up an issue the side had 2 years ago as something that’s relevant to the match 10 minutes ago.

Terrible take, even from you.

You got promoted from the Championship about 5 months ago, not 2 years ago.

Don't think I really asked for your assessment of my "take", but I do always find it amusing when you blindly ignore others expressing the same view and just hone in on me.

You got promoted from the Championship about 5 months ago, not 2 years ago.

Don't think I really asked for your assessment of my "take", but I do always find it amusing when you blindly ignore others expressing the same view and just hone in on me.

When did the side last blow up from exhaustion again? Remind me?

She’s citing something that occurred once and it was post Christmas 2 years ago as an example of something that might occur over and over again.

Completely lazy analysis.

Are you also ignoring the other journo’s that have supported Leeds on the topic?

When did the side last blow up from exhaustion again? Remind me?

She’s citing something that occurred once and it was post Christmas 2 years ago as an example of something that might occur over and over again.

Completely lazy analysis.

Are you also ignoring the other journo’s that have supported Leeds on the topic?

She was making a point about how COVID's suspension of the league allowed for your rest which allowed for promotion 5 months ago. If you want to talk about the previous season where you choked promotion that was about 16-18 months ago. Neither of which is 2 years ago.

Ignoring what journos? I'm referring to posters in this thread that you're ignoring.

She was making a point about how COVID's suspension of the league allowed for your rest which allowed for promotion 5 months ago. If you want to talk about the previous season where you choked promotion that was about 16-18 months ago. Neither of which is 2 years ago.

Ignoring what journos? I'm referring to posters in this thread that you're ignoring.
Very lazy journalism. The inference is that Bielsa’s hard training means team can’t go a full season and will burn out.
But there’s just one season to go by as evidence. Plenty of teams have faltered in the last month. Last season we were on fire before the break. Did Brentford burn out after 8 win streak in the final few games? So they’ll burn out this season?

Very lazy journalism. The inference is that Bielsa’s hard training means team can’t go a full season and will burn out.
But there’s just one season to go by as evidence. Plenty of teams have faltered in the last month. Last season we were on fire before the break. Did Brentford burn out after 8 win streak in the final few games? So they’ll burn out this season?

Not really lazy when Bielsa sides have a history for it.

Yes it was lazy journalism, but the issue here is whether it was appropriate for the official LUFC club account to single out her anti Leeds tirades, knowing how abusive and neantherthal football fans can be, especially at a time in the evening when many Leeds fans were probably drunk (or had a fair few pints sunk into them) and had their common sense Thinking cap off.

I do believe the club probably didn't think that tweet through more out of nativity than anything else, in future I would like them to be a bit more professional and not resort to this type of 'banter which could have had very negative consequences for the journalist in question (from a mental health POV)

We have to be better than that as a football club, especially after the Lucy Ward fiasco and a bona fide legend of the club Gary Speed taking his own life.

The issue here that needs to be addressed is whether this type of tweet (even unintentionally) can lead to cyber bullying. And IMHO, it does..

We gotta be better than that Leeds #MOT #ALAW

Agbonlahor got a fair bit of stick after his comments before the Villa game and the knuckledraggers gave it to him as well.

I address Agbonlahor in a post after the one you've quoted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back