EPL Matchday 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Not really lazy when Bielsa sides have a history for it.
And that's the key to this whole thing. They do have a history of it - with high pressing and a ridiculous work rate comes a down side. And that was exactly Liverpool's problem for the first few years under Klopp.

While it was unlikely Leeds wouldn't have still won the league and been promoted without COVID it's not unreasonable to say it helped them based on previous evidence relating to Biesla's sides. If that's all she's saying then I don't really see the big deal.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
And that's the key to this whole thing. They do have a history of it - with high pressing and a ridiculous work rate comes a down side. And that was exactly Liverpool's problem for the first few years under Klopp.

While it was unlikely Leeds wouldn't have still won the league and been promoted without COVID it's not unreasonable to say it helped them based on previous evidence relating to Biesla's sides. If that's all she's saying then I don't really see the big deal.

She hasn’t said it “helped” though.

She’s saying Leeds got promoted because of it and wouldn’t have otherwise.

She’s said it before.

Most Leeds fans accept that the break helped, in saying that, we lost our first game out of the break and we’re on fire leading into it.

I find it highly unlikely we would have dropped 3 positions then lost in the playoffs.

Leeds haven’t gone after her because of that single grab, she’s gone with it before and loves trolling Leeds.

Not really lazy when Bielsa sides have a history for it.
Leeds averaged more shots and xG per game than both Norwich and Sheffield United, and more shots on target than SheffU during last 10 games. Averaged over 20 shots per game and 5-6 on target but only had a dozen or so goals to show for it. Certainly wasn’t the work rate but poor finishing that got them in the end.

He did Retweet it.

View attachment 1033933

Run the same angle how?

I still don't think you actually understood her point.
Was a perfectly valid point to make. Leeds under Bielsa tire towards the end and the covid break may have helped them avoid that last season.
Bloody touchy Leeds twitter admin imo.

I just find the pile on ridiculous
a few bad ones and the world is crumbling.
Should see the yids thread. The pile on is borderline pathetic.

1. Some haven't accepted Mourinho from the outset, we are apparently too good for his style.
2. We apparently have not improved at all. He took us from 14th to European places, which we topped, and have Championship opposition standing in our way from a cup final. our first domestically since Poch's first season in 14/15.
3. His boring negative style means he should be treated more harshly with achieving trophies. i.e. He must win silverware to justify putting up with this style.
4. A poxy league cup isn't good enough either, needs to win Europa or seriously challenge for the league. This from the club that have won 3 trophies since winning the UEFA Cup in 1984. 3 domestic cups in 36 ******* years and Mourinho is held to a higher standard because he is 'boring'. * off.
Set to achieve fewer points than any Poch season being used to say he is failing.

Now you've heard all those arbitrary BS standards he is being held to here is a mad stat. This is only the 2nd time at Christmas in our history (well in the league cup era anyway) we are a realistic chance at 4 trophies. 6pts adrift of the leaders is the closest we've been to the top at Christmas in the PL era.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Maybe not, but does it matter? What women in particular cop on social media is absolutely abhorrent and disgusting, and I don't think people understand just how bad it is, and a tweet like that is just opening the door for people to attack her for simply giving a football opinion that people disagree with.

I think it's a bit irresponsible for a twitter account with over 600k followers to tweet something like that, let alone a football club.

Agreed - I genuinely did a double take of that tweet, to check for sure was I looking at the official club’s account. What a defensive/fragile thing to post about. I initially thought it’s a parody account or something. Wow.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Was a perfectly valid point to make. Leeds under Bielsa tire towards the end and the covid break may have helped them avoid that last season.

Should see the yids thread. The pile on is borderline pathetic.

1. Some haven't accepted Mourinho from the outset, we are apparently too good for his style.
2. We apparently have not improved at all. He took us from 14th to European places, which we topped, and have Championship opposition standing in our way from a cup final. our first domestically since Poch's first season in 14/15.
3. His boring negative style means he should be treated more harshly with achieving trophies. i.e. He must win silverware to justify putting up with this style.
4. A poxy league cup isn't good enough either, needs to win Europa or seriously challenge for the league. This from the club that have won 3 trophies since winning the UEFA Cup in 1984. 3 domestic cups in 36 ******* years and Mourinho is held to a higher standard because he is 'boring'. fu** off.
Set to achieve fewer points than any Poch season being used to say he is failing.

Now you've heard all those arbitrary BS standards he is being held to here is a mad stat. This is only the 2nd time at Christmas in our history (well in the league cup era anyway) we are a realistic chance at 4 trophies. 6pts adrift of the leaders is the closest we've been to the top at Christmas in the PL era.
So many fans are like that sadly. Tottenham are at the moment about where they should be. Near and challenging for top four. They’re not generally a side who was or does challenge for the title (and they have definitely had better squads than this one) and when they have recently it was in the one in a million season. Most fans just aren’t realistic and are incredibly reactionary and irrational.

One of your fans said in here he hoped his side lost (or came close to saying it). Pathetic.

Apr 3, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong

Nah it's lazy analysis that we've been hearing for ages now. Your evidence is 1 season, and it doesn't actually stand up to scrutiny anyway.

Karen Carney had a great career, but I don't think much of her as a pundit. Said nothing that Leeds needed to respond to though.

Football twitter really is the dregs of society, but having said that I don't usually have a lot of sympathy for football journos that cop it on twitter. A lot of them ask for it, a lot of them wind up football supporters, a lot of them poke and prod and then cry when they get a poke and a prod back.

The ones that are genuine, that express an opinion (whether it's right or wrong) and cop personal abuse for that opinion I do have sympathy for. And I hope they just see the abusers for what they are.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
She hasn’t said it “helped” though.

She’s saying Leeds got promoted because of it and wouldn’t have otherwise.

She’s said it before.

Most Leeds fans accept that the break helped, in saying that, we lost our first game out of the break and we’re on fire leading into it.

I find it highly unlikely we would have dropped 3 positions then lost in the playoffs.

Leeds haven’t gone after her because of that single grab, she’s gone with it before and loves trolling Leeds.

Let it go mate. She sounds like the Caroline Wilson of football pundits,
So many fans are like that sadly. Tottenham are at the moment about where they should be. Near and challenging for top four. They’re not generally a side who was or does challenge for the title (and they have definitely had better squads than this one) and when they have recently it was in the one in a million season. Most fans just aren’t realistic and are incredibly reactionary and irrational.

One of your fans said in here he hoped his side lost (or came close to saying it). Pathetic.

True. But I still wish the LUFC social media account and Chairman never made those tweets/comments

But I do firmly believe in Radz's case (the club's chairman/owner), he was fashioned by too much passion and loyalty to his players and coaching staff (he is Italian after all all) without sensibly cooling down and iignored Karen's comments.

No point sugar coating it, am embarrassed by the Leeds nutters on Twitter telling her to go back to the kitchen and or calling her a while.

I expect that type of mindless, toxic behaviour from Millwall, Birmingham or Manchester United supporters, but not my lot.

Hope the club has the common sense to delete the tweet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
club twitter accounts have been feeding into the football twitters weirdos for ages now. this was just another chance. it's just unnecessary. it's hardly like 'a break in play was good for a high intensity pressing team' is actually that controversial of an opinion.

besides, an account that represents an entire club picking on the not so outrageous opinion of one person in the media is more than just a little thin skinned

Agreed - I genuinely did a double take of that tweet, to check for sure was I looking at the official club’s account. What a defensive/fragile thing to post about. I initially thought it’s a parody account or something. Wow.
Even worse is that the man behind the tweet has defended his stance. No one has to agree with what she said but pundits say dumb s**t all the time, and to have someone representing the club's official account tweet that comes across incredibly thin-skinned and rather pathetic. They have form too:

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Brades did a good vanishing trick again. I can't figure out if it was because of Fernandes' assist or the Ryan stats.

Imagine what he's going to be like when Everton sign Phil Jones.

1609335366179.png

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Nah it's lazy analysis that we've been hearing for ages now. Your evidence is 1 season, and it doesn't actually stand up to scrutiny anyway.

I've watched a few tired performances over the last few days but Leeds v West Brom wasn't one of them. Even when they were 5-1 down against Man U they kept pushing forward and creating chances. I don't see this - Leeds will run themselves into a standstill - playing out.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Yep, it’s off.

edit: postponed

I can only presume they were waiting on the next set of results to come through. No more positives, game on. Any positives and it's still too big a risk to play on.

i assume fulham/spurs being postponed will be met with the same outrage on social media as everton/city was

Evertons statement didn't help things there, but the usual suspects in the press were happy to play along.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Let it go mate. She sounds like the Caroline Wilson of football pundits,

True. But I still wish the LUFC social media account and Chairman never made those tweets/comments

But I do firmly believe in Radz's case (the club's chairman/owner), he was fashioned by too much passion and loyalty to his players and coaching staff (he is Italian after all all) without sensibly cooling down and iignored Karen's comments.

No point sugar coating it, am embarrassed by the Leeds nutters on Twitter telling her to go back to the kitchen and or calling her a while.

I expect that type of mindless, toxic behaviour from Millwall, Birmingham or Manchester United supporters, but not my lot.

I don’t think, “I never thought this behaviour would come from Leeds United and our supporters but I did think that Millwall, Birmingham and Manchester United supporters would be this mindless and toxic to be sexist towards a female journalist” is the hill you want to die on. The discussion you are literally having is about Leeds United official Twitter baiting the hook for your supporters to be mindless, toxic and sexist. Your supporters aren’t exactly above such behaviour, clearly.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back