EPL Matchday 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be sensible to call of 2-3 weeks of football. Honestly, the Christmas period madness during a pandemic? What more did they want. Let the players spend time with their family, Serie A and Bundesliga have done this for years. Christmas break, and still finish season.
Epl allowing TV rights prevail here.

The comments are not a massive issue, I just find it strange that she keeps going on about it. I have seen her on air 3 times now and she has said the same thing each time.
We had the best form going into Covid, had the best form after covid and now have 12 and 15 more points than the 2 other sides promoted so it’s pretty funny watching people continually try talk us down.

“Two newly promoted teams and the difference between them in terms of class, quality and also fitness and intensity,” Carney said.

“Leeds were outstanding, we’ve criticised them in the last couple of weeks about clean sheets and how much they’ve conceded.

“That’s two back-to-back clean sheets now. I know we said about Meslier earlier, he’s unorthodox in what he does, but again two clean sheets.

“Fabulous performance and attacking-wise as clinical as ever.”

What a monster Karen Carney is!

Would be sensible to call of 2-3 weeks of football. Honestly, the Christmas period madness during a pandemic? What more did they want. Let the players spend time with their family, Serie A and Bundesliga have done this for years. Christmas break, and still finish season.
53,000 new cases in one day... yikes

Oh yeah what a great idea, hey guys during a huge rise in numbers, go spend time with you family mingling with a bunch of people and stay away from a professional environment. I trust none of you will come back with the virus ...

I think it's a bit irresponsible for a twitter account with over 600k followers to tweet something like that, let alone a football club.
Only 600k? I thought Leeds were meant to be a "massive" club who had just fallen on tough times. Didnt realise Watford had a bigger following.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody else find it astonishing United are second and can now go top if they were win their game in hand?

For being consistently laughed at, they are having a decent season in the league.
Way funner when they were 14th

Scarily you are only 6 points behind us
This season is nuts, we were just talking about Spurs winning the title and Arsenal being relegated. Is this the most even season in a long time?

String a couple of wins together and you are right in it, drop a few points and it's a possible free fall.

This season is nuts, we were just talking about Spurs winning the title and Arsenal being relegated. Is this the most even season in a long time?

String a couple of wins together and you are right in it, drop a few points and it's a possible free fall.
We do have a game in hand against Fulham. Win that and we move back into the top 4

Games postponed still to be played:
Burnley v Manchester United
Manchester City v Villa
Villa v Newcastle
Everton v Manchester City
Tottenham v Fulham

Every one of those has an impact at the top end of the table

Remove this Banner Ad

Back