Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Not the correct term for it but the real team going under the radar is City

21 goals scored, 2 conceded in their last 10 games.

Seems Guardiola has made a slight tweak with how attacking they are and they are reaping the benefits.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

Good to see some of the lads at the club with a sense of humour.. 🤡🤡🤡😆😆😆👍👍👍

I now believe there has been a massive over reactions of Karen's to um, what Karen said.

We don't need to have cancel culture in football thanks.

And if you will do some research, the club has a history of doing these sort of banter tweets to pundits who wrote us off in the past.

WE ARE LEEDS AND WE DON'T GIVE A **** :) #MOT

Good to see some of the lads at the club with a sense of humour.. 🤡🤡🤡😆😆😆👍👍👍

I now believe there has been a massive over reactions of Karen's to um, what Karen said.

We don't need to have cancel culture in football thanks.

And if you will do some research, the club has a history of doing these sort of banter tweets to pundits who wrote us off in the past.

WE ARE LEEDS AND WE DON'T GIVE A **** :) #MOT

Very different attitude to yesterday from you.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Hardly equal if you have to hold women's hands in the media just because a club fires back at them.

Like seriously if women journalist get carte blanche to day whatever that want with complete and utter freedom from even a light hearted return then that's patronising more than the idiot comments could ever do

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Very different attitude to yesterday from you.

Yeah I was wrong.

It was all a bit of harmless banter, not the club's responsibility if a minority of bad apples go a bit OTT.

Are football club social media accounts not allowed to have right of reply in a good natured way to a really bad, factually incorrect and toxic take from a pundit ? Male or Female ?

Even if the club didn't make that tweet, many Leeds fans heard her comments and would have roasted her online anyway, it is what it is.

Football is a passionate, tribal game, and any pundit who talks smack about a club (not just Leeds) will inevitably cop It.

It an unpleasant part of social media, but it is what it is.

I am proud my club is holding firm and not removing that tweet. Love the conviction 👍👍👍

Yeah I was wrong.

It was all a bit of harmless banter, not the club's responsibility if a minority of bad apples go a bit OTT.

Are football club social media accounts not allowed to have right of reply in a good natured way to a really bad, factually incorrect and toxic take from a pundit ? Male or Female ?

Even if the club didn't make that tweet, many Leeds fans heard her comments and would have roasted her online anyway, it is what it is.

Football is a passionate, tribal game, and any pundit who talks smack about a club (not just Leeds) will inevitably cop It.

It an unpleasant part of social media, but it is what it is.

I am proud my club is holding firm and not removing that tweet. Love the conviction 👍👍👍

Nah you were right.

You flip your views at the drop of the hat, it's a bit pathetic in itself.

Toxic take, PMSL. As was quoted above, she's hardly toxic towards Leeds and the thin skinned response from your club is embarrassing.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Nah you were right.

Toxic take, PMSL. As was quoted above, she's hardly toxic towards Leeds and the thin skinned response from your club is embarrassing.

I think the white knight, soy boy pile on has been far more embarrassing tbh.

The club is allowed to call her out, she copped some vile abuse. Blame Twitter and the medium in general.

Maybe society in general isn’t ready for female football pundits is the more apt discussion.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
The perfect example of why the discussion has to be made, because even when it is, somehow these statements become fact in a nano second in the dullard community of football journalists, pundits and ex players.

5 games on the trot and zero goals conceded has now become a wobble since her statement.

Clubs are right to hold journo’s and pundits to account for their shithouse knowledge/research

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
The perfect example of why the discussion has to be made, because even when it is, somehow these statements become fact in a nano second in the dullard community of football journalists, pundits and ex players.

5 games on the trot and zero goals conceded has now become a wobble.

Clubs are right to hold journo’s and pundits to account for their shithouse knowledge/research

Yeah the worlds become ****ed, all these ex players and journalists wanna make money off giving an opinion and expect clubs and players to just take it lying down like they are below them.

If you wanna go on national television and say things about a player or club with no evidence to back it up, the club and players have every right to fire back.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Nah you were right.

To be fair, we lost a couple of much beloved club legends due to the Coronavirus (like Norman Hunter), it was a very miserable period and painful time for the club, and I think that is a reason why we were annoyed by the comments.

The bigger issue now here is whether female sports pundits should be criticism when it comes to making unpopular/inflammatory comments.

The whole Lucy Zelic being roasted by correctly pronouncing players names at the World Cup was idiotic, but this instance was not the first time Karen Carney has teed off at Leeds either this season.

Do we let it slid to the keeper because she is a woman ? If a man said it, the tweet and response from LUFC twitter would have been exactly the same.

And as I say, she would have copped it anyway from Leeds fans in the UK, cause our game against West Brom was shown there on Amazon Prime.

Every other club's supporters would have reacted in exactly the same way, if the boot was on their feet, amazes me how we are getting lectured on fan decorum (on Twitter and facebook) from Villa, Chelsea and Man Ure fans, all of whom have been accused of racism (Chelsea) and or singing chants and making tasteless tweets about the 96 Liverpool fans killed at Hillsborough (Man U 'fans' have been guilty of this on many occassions)

If supporters of other club's want to take the moral high ground about Leeds and their tweets about Karen Carney, they should look at their own backyard first.

Karen Carney apologizing to Marcelo Bielsa and the Leeds players would not go astray, in my humble opinion.

Pykie

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Yeah the worlds become f’ed, all these ex players and journalists wanna make money off giving an opinion and expect clubs and players to just take it lying down like they are below them.

If you wanna go on national television and say things about a player or club with no evidence to back it up, the club and players have every right to fire back.

I mean Bayer Leverkusen has been operating as a banter Twitter account for over 3 years. It’s nothing new from a football club.

I haven’t read the continual outrage over them targeting other clubs, players and managers.

Leeds have been doing it for years....

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I can understand some may want to criticise her opinion. I can understand discussion about whether her opinion is correct, whether it would have been called out if a man, whether many overreacted because they called out her opinion. Unfortunately it is almost impossible to have a mature level discussion about that anywhere

There is no way she should need to apologise for expressing that opinion though

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I mean Bayer Leverkusen has been operating as a banter Twitter account for over 3 years. It’s nothing new from a football club.

I haven’t read the continual outrage over them targeting other clubs, players and managers.

Leeds have been doing it for years....

******* good on them. Everyone makes life do goddamn serious these ******* days. Seriously people need an angle to sook about anything

******* good on them. Everyone makes life do goddamn serious these ******* days. Seriously people need an angle to sook about anything

Yeah, imagine demanding a journo apologise for making commentary about their team. ******* precious sooks hey.

Pykie

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Yeah, imagine demanding a journo apologise for making commentary about their team. ******* precious sooks hey.

You’re making things up. Again.

Where did Leeds demand an apology?

Unless you count someone on the Big Footy forum PMSL.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
You’re making things up. Again.

Where did Leeds demand an apology?

Unless you count someone on the Big Footy forum PMSL.
Comment would have been made in reaction to this comment
Karen Carney apologizing to Marcelo Bielsa and the Leeds players would not go astray, in my humble opinion.

Pykie

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
"When the former England international and respected pundit Karen Carney dared to contextualise on the promotion of Leeds United it was bound to raise the eyebrows of the fans. But few would have expected the club’s official Twitter account to go after her and therefore inadvertently direct football’s online sexist underbelly directly at her.
Leeds tweeted a video of Carney which included her saying the club had been “promoted because of Covid” and pulled that sentence out into their tweet.
Carney perhaps was clumsy in that phrasing but put the whole sentence in its proper context and her intention is clear. She praised the team’s style and running game when she said the side can “outrun everyone and credit to them” before airing a concern about whether the team would “blow up at the end of the season”.
She explains – after the “I actually think they got promoted because of Covid” line – she meant the pause “gave them a bit of respite” and that she was not sure the team “would have got up without that break”.
She had a point. Marcelo Bielsa’s team did go on a five-game unbeaten run before the season was paused for Covid, and then galloped to the title dropping just two points in eight games."
Suzanne Wrack from The Guardian

I’ve read the bolded a few times and it still makes no sense. Case point 2 of the stupidity starting to pile on.

Back