EPL Matchday 17 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

As a Spurs fan I look forward to watching us play every second day in March.

It might not be a bad thing that we are out of the European Farmers Cup given what our fixture will look like after Christmas.
Baseball double header time!

chef bringing out the old zidane98 'it's over' stuff.

Come on chef, all it takes is some result to go your way and you're back in it. Long way to go.
It's because we've seen this all before. Start off on fire, lead the league or at least only separated by GD with some very impressive wins. Then December comes around and we hit a wall and drift further and further away from the lead. You can bank on us dropping points in our next 2 matches against Wolves and Villa too.

The Newcastle defenders played a shocker just like DDG the other week, glad it wasn't stopped. Thought more controversy in the ref getting in the way of the TAA superstrike

And yeah Chelsea will be fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

De Gea was clutching his ankle, there wasn't a suggestion of a head injury. Agree they weren't injured, but I thought the point was all head injuries get stopped, otherwise it ends up being up to the ref to judge what is and isn't a proper head injury.

De Gea was clutching his ankle, there wasn't a suggestion of a head injury. Agree they weren't injured, but I thought the point was all head injuries get stopped, otherwise it ends up being up to the ref to judge what is and isn't a proper head injury.
Hayden was trying to deceive the ref, he didn't get hit in the head. A teammates arse brushed his shoulder/arm pit area.

Hayden was trying to deceive the ref, he didn't get hit in the head. A teammates arse brushed his shoulder/arm pit area.

Of course he was trying to deceive the ref, as do the majority of players who go down feigning injury. The point I'm making is we're now saying the ref gets to make the call on what is and isn't a head injury. If there's a threshold they're happy to call play on, then fair play, look forward to seeing it consistently applied.

It is a different game then playing against has beens and pensioners in Serie A but surely he has enough PL experience to not require "adapting" lol
Well he did score against Juve’ aging CBs late last season….something Englands elite forwards were unable to do a couple of months later. ;)

I think faking a head injury is worse than diving, yet it’s not met with anywhere near the same derision. It’s quite shameful.

Don't disagree at all. I'm of the opinion if you go down clutching your head, unless it's something quite superficial (like a blood nose or a scratch to the face or something like that), then you should have to go off.

Tuchel reckons Lukaku is still adapting to EPL football again, maybe once he fully settles he will dominate.

Romelu Lukaku still adapting back to English football, says Thomas Tuchel | Sport | The Times

It is a different game then playing against has beens and pensioners in Serie A but surely he has enough PL experience to not require "adapting" lol
Adapting to how Tuchel wants him to play?

I dont think we play to his strengths and he's not being used like Conte used him.

Of course he was trying to deceive the ref, as do the majority of players who go down feigning injury. The point I'm making is we're now saying the ref gets to make the call on what is and isn't a head injury. If there's a threshold they're happy to call play on, then fair play, look forward to seeing it consistently applied.

I think a look at the VAR replay should be enough to determine whether the injury was genuine. We dont want referees stopping play everytime the defensive side goes to ground when the attacking side has the ball in a dangerous position.

I reckon defenders are now going to keep playing until either the whistle blows or if they really are injured and unable to get up.

I think a look at the VAR replay should be enough to determine whether the injury was genuine. We dont want referees stopping play everytime the defensive side goes to ground when the attacking side has the ball in a dangerous position.

I reckon defenders are now going to keep playing until either the whistle blows or if they really are injured and unable to get up.

As I said in a following post, if players go to ground clutching their head and stopping play, and if it isn't for something superficial like a cut or a bloody nose, then they should have to be subbed off. Would stop faking.

As I said in a following post, if players go to ground clutching their head and stopping play, and if it isn't for something superficial like a cut or a bloody nose, then they should have to be subbed off. Would stop faking.

Yes, I agree with this. If you stay down and need treatment - you cant re-enter the game for 5 minutes. Should be a rule.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back