Premier Lg EPL Matchday 17 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

we don’t all read the Plastics for Dummies handbook and pick a sky 4 club either. 80% of the people on here fall into that basket. It is what it is.

You support the 10th richest club in the world and one of the biggest clubs in England haha, I cannot believe you’re trying to make out you’re different than the “80% of people on here”. That is absolutely shameless.

You support the 10th richest club in the world and one of the biggest clubs in England haha, I cannot believe you’re trying to make out you’re different than the “80% of people on here”. That is absolutely shameless stuff.
What does that matter when we’re still 6th biggest in the nation we compete in and the 5 larger have accumulated 59/69 domestic trophies since the turn of the century.

The correlation with wealth and success is clear. The City takeover has been followed with unprecedented success and unmatched ability to absorb failed transfers. Early signs are showing a similar upward trajectory for Newcastle.

Yeah a large majority follow their sky4 clubs for obvious reasons, to see instant gratifying success. And that’s fine, follow whoever you want but let’s not pretend it is not the case for quite a lot of you. Guys like chef seem far more genuine and rusted on than others

Cruyff14 did something he usually is above and that’s stoop to the plastic catch-cry of what you won lately. Slow clap. Some overlooked the Sky4.

As for me; my motivations were documented well in the first year or two I was on this site.

What does that matter when we’re still 6th biggest in the nation we compete in and the 5 larger have accumulated 59/69 domestic trophies since the turn of the century.

The correlation with wealth and success is clear. The City takeover has been followed with unprecedented success and unmatched ability to absorb failed transfers. Early signs are showing a similar upward trajectory for Newcastle.

Yeah a large majority follow their sky4 clubs for obvious reasons, to see instant gratifying success. And that’s fine, follow whoever you want but let’s not pretend it is not the case for quite a lot of you. Guys like chef seem far more genuine and rusted on than others

Cruyff14 did something he usually is above and that’s stoop to the plastic catch-cry of what you won lately. Slow clap. Some overlooked the Sky4.

As for me; my motivations were documented well in the first year or two I was on this site.

Which were? No one will remember from 10 years ago.

arsenal have finished 24, 25 and 25 points behind us in the last 3 seasons, we didnt sell zinchenko and jesus to title rivals. they're obviously much improved and have really progressed and got everything clicking but to say we sold to rivals is just not true.

Thus the comment about arrogance, you didn't think the side you were selling to could compete with you, because you didn't see their natural improvement. It's fine, not many did, but it's still selling players to a club that have ended up pinching a title off you.

we don’t all read the Plastics for Dummies handbook and pick a sky 4 club either. 80% of the people on here fall into that basket. It is what it is.

Not hard to see why some don’t rate you as highly, think atm it is a false economy and City will win the title.

38 games is a lot for established journeymen Xhaka and El Neny and who knows what happens to Partey. Might share a cell with Mason one day.

Come Here Black Ink Crew GIF by VH1

Much easier than I anticipated.

Thus the comment about arrogance, you didn't think the side you were selling to could compete with you, because you didn't see their natural improvement. It's fine, not many did, but it's still selling players to a club that have ended up pinching a title off you.
We also sold to Chelsea who would have been considered a closer rival than Arsenal pre season.

We sold Jesus and Zinchenko to Arsenal, not because we didn't think they could compete with us, but because they wanted a move to Arsenal and Arsenal made a suitable offer.

Same with Sterling at Chelsea.

Same with players before we've sold to Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich who we would consider rivals for the champions league.

It's December, no one has pinched a title of anyone yet.

We also sold to Chelsea who would have been considered a closer rival than Arsenal pre season.

We sold Jesus and Zinchenko to Arsenal, not because we didn't think they could compete with us, but because they wanted a move to Arsenal and Arsenal made a suitable offer.

Same with players before we've sold to Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich who we would consider rivals for the champions league.

Yeah don't understand the Sterling sale to Chelsea either. Little bit different as Tuchel had no prior link to City, but not substantially.

Who really cares about sales to Spain. You sold Sane to Bayern and they didn't even meet you in the CL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's fine for City to sell to Arsenal but they wouldnt sell to us.

Levels.

If, and I still think it's a massive if, City throw the title away, it'll be down to their arrogance in selling Jesus and Zinchenko to Arsenal not considering them a direct rival.

Probably a fair point, but let's be honest, who had the Gooners as legit title chances before the start of the season (even most dyed in the wool Arsenal die hard fans wouldn't rare dream)

I think it's probably good for the game and Premier League in General if Arsenal win the league, a team founded mainly on youth/home grown talent with a couple of astute signings and the AFC board sticking fat with Arteta (ironically a former lieutenant to Pep at City lol)

Manchester United should take a leaf out of their book on how they rebuild/regenerated their squad and culture like Arteta (the good news for them is they have the right guy for it in Ten Hag imo)

It's fine for City to sell to Arsenal but they wouldnt sell to us.

Levels.
I think we would. Convince one of our players to join (that might be a struggle as i dont think our players are too fond of you as a club), and make us a decent offer.

Let's see what happens.

Probably a fair point, but let's be honest, who had the Gooners as legit title chances before the start of the season (even most dyed in the wool Arsenal die hard fans wouldn't rare dream)

I think it's probably good for the game and Premier League in General if Arsenal win the league, a team founded mainly on youth/home grown talent with a couple of astute signings and the AFC board sticking fat with Arteta (ironically a former lieutenant to Pep at City lol)

Manchester United should take a leaf out of their book on how they rebuild/regenerated their squad and culture like Arteta (the good news for them is they have the right guy for it in Ten Hag imo)

Me? I remember arguing with Art that Arteta had them on the rapid improve and that their young players were improving organically.

I'm not talking points and table position mate.

The bold is what they've done. They've regenerated a squad and brought through a number of kids who will only continue to improve. If they don't improve next season with a few astute signings, that's when the heat may come on.

I didn't spell out that they'd be title challengers, but I was definitely backing them to continue to improve, and acknowledged that if they didn't, Arteta would be under pressure.

I didn't spell out that they'd be title challengers

It's easy to now claim arrogance by City in selling Jesus and Zinchenko to Arsenal. You didn't spell out that Arsenal would be title challengers. No one did. You thought that Arsenal would finish 4th. 4th place in recent years has been 20 or more points off the title. Most people had Arsenal finishing between 4th and 7th place.

It's easy to now claim arrogance by City in selling Jesus and Zinchenko to Arsenal. You didn't spell out that Arsenal would be title challengers. No one did. You thought that Arsenal would finish 4th. 4th place in recent years has been 20 or more points off the title. Most people had Arsenal finishing between 4th and 7th place.

Perhaps if when I had made those comments I knew they were picking up Jesus and Zinchenko I would have thought they'd be title challengers, but I didn't think City would sell them good players.

That's pre-Klopp mate. Wouldnt happen now is what I'm saying.
If that's your clubs position, that's your clubs position.

We've had years of Liverpool supporters talking about selling Sterling and buying better players with the proceeds.

If that's now considered a bad thing, good luck to you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back