EPL Matchday 17

A bunch of milquetoast spurs supporters jealous of Leeds' good media probably.

This was too good.

Too good? I was responding to someone who ridiculed the notion of a promoted club parking the bus successfully. I provided an example.

Seems a bit weird that you've gone through a bunch of my old posts in this thread to laugh react them but you do you mate.

Apr 3, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Leeds got more credit for losing to Liverpool than Villa did after smacking them 7-2. You can't blame people for being a little irritated at the fawning over Leeds when they lose to a big club even if the football is entertaining.

Think you may be exaggerating here.

Nobody said a word on here when they thumped WBA last week, but an expected loss to Tottenham and suddenly they're complete gash unworthy of their league spot. If it makes you feel better about some press, let it all out here I guess but it's a bit pathetic.

Too good? I was responding to someone who ridiculed the notion of a promoted club parking the bus successfully. I provided an example.

Maybe we can jag Sam once West Brom are done with him?

Seems a bit weird that you've gone through a bunch of my old posts in this thread to laugh react them but you do you mate.

Don't worry, I'm not picking on you, there were others.

Think you may be exaggerating here.

Nobody said a word on here when they thumped WBA last week, but an expected loss to Tottenham and suddenly they're complete gash unworthy of their league spot. If it makes you feel better about some press, let it all out here I guess but it's a bit pathetic.

Maybe we can jag Sam once West Brom are done with him?

Don't worry, I'm not picking on you, there were others.
Yeah OK, have fun.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

Like you haven't been doing the same thing lol haha. What A sook.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
According to Understat expected points Chelsea have been extremely unlucky and ManU and Leicester have been running hot.

For those that don't know what that is, XP is the reason Southampton didn't sack Hassenhuttl because their expected points suggested things would turn for him and his side had been unlucky.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
According to Understat expected points Chelsea have been extremely unlucky and ManU and Leicester have been running hot.

For those that don't know what that is, XP is the reason Southampton didn't sack Hassenhuttl because their expected points suggested things would turn for him and his side had been unlucky.
On expected points Brighton would be 7th lol

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
On expected points Brighton would be 7th lol

Yeah which suggests they've been really unlucky.

There's always mitigating factors, obviously poor goalkeeping and elite strikers can skew the numbers. Brighton have poor goalkeepers and s**t strikers so they're and understats nightmare.

7th isn't that crazy though, if they had someone like Ings or Grealish they would be much higher on the table. But yeah they've been the unluckiest team we've seen in quite a while haha.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

I would definitely rather United be lucky on the pitch than lucky off the pitch, with the FA not suspending players who breach Covid rules, even when one club has multple players throwing a Christmas party that the players wanted to hide like a group of school kids knowing they were doing the wrong thing. So yeah, give me all the luck in the world on the pitch.

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United

Lol you literally do the exact same thing

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
What the XP table does show is sacking Lampard would be stupid at this point. Chelsea's much better than they are playing ATM

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Chelsea haven’t beaten any of the current eight top teams (haven’t played one of them). For a team with their worth that’s a massive under performance.
Man Utd haven't beaten any of the big boys either
Lost to Tottenham and Arsenal, drew with Chelsea and city, haven't played Liverpool yet.
It's not that big of a deal.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
What the XP table does show is sacking Lampard would be stupid at this point. Chelsea's much better than they are playing ATM

At the end of the day, football is a results business. Sheffield United are going to eventually sack Chris Wilder without taking into consideration that Understat.com shows that the have been the unluckiest team in the league. European Football isn’t like a sport like Baseball where clubs will actively trade all of their best players for teenagers, so they can be s**t for 5 years knowing that they will eventually be very good in 2024. The owners stay the same throughout a “rebuild” like that.

Frank Lampard’s job is very much on the line and if it wasn’t for his contract payout, he might have already been sacked.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
At the end of the day, football is a results business. Sheffield United are going to eventually sack Chris Wilder without taking into consideration that Understat.com shows that the have been the unluckiest team in the league. European Football isn’t like a sport like Baseball where clubs will actively trade all of their best players for teenagers, so they can be sh*t for 5 years knowing that they will eventually be very good in 2024. The owners stay the same throughout a “rebuild” like that.

Frank Lampard’s job is very much on the line and if it wasn’t for his contract payout, he might have already been sacked.
Understat is used by the majority of analytics departments around the world.
Everything's a result business, doesn't mean you blindly ignore performance.

If Utd have no shots on target until the 90th minute and Fernandes pulls a 30 yard top bin out that doesn't make it a good managerial performance by Ole and a bad one by the oppo manager. In much the same way Chelsea aren't as bad as this streak they probably weren't as good as their 17 game unbeaten run before it.

In fact Utd are a great example, when they were struggling early under Ole the XP was much higher than their position but the board held out and sack him. Same with Hassenhuttl

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Ok Penandes

I bet you Bruno Fernandes will score and assist close to 150 goals for United over the course of his 5 and a half year contract and James Rodriguez will not make himself available for more matches than Everton will play over the course of his 3 year contract. James has already started the tradition at Everton of stealing a living since 2014.

Understat is used by the majority of analytics departments around the world.
Everything's a result business, doesn't mean you blindly ignore performance.

If Utd have no shots on target until the 90th minute and Fernandes pulls a 30 yard top bin out that doesn't make it a good managerial performance by Ole and a bad one by the oppo manager. In much the same way Chelsea aren't as bad as this streak they probably weren't as good as their 17 game unbeaten run before it.

In fact Utd are a great example, when they were struggling early under Ole the XP was much higher than their position but the board held out and sack him. Same with Hassenhuttl
Well for Frank’s sake hope you’re right but just don’t picture Roman as a XP type of guy

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
What Ralph Hassenhuttl is doing with this soton side is incredible, got as many injured as Liverpool, is relying on an everton loanee who was just about retired, CBs who were widely ridiculed and a midfield missing its best player from the last few years in Hojberg and he's got them firing.

The way he's clawed back from losing 9-0 is nothing short of incredible and good on the Southampton board for sticking with him.
Someone on the Liverpool board said that what Liverpool were dealing with this season (injuries) was the worst in world sport. Not like them to exaggerate.

Back