EPL Matchday 18 - On Optus Sport

Fake apology. Robertson is simultaneously attempting to take responsibility for his poor challenge, and also blame an unidentified 'them' for the 'chance to make the decision' ie he's saying it was a wrong decision.

Not sure that's how I'd interpret it. You often see players frustrated with a decision but admit it's their fault for giving a ref the decision to make, i.e. if they hadn't been rash then there wouldn't have been a chance to be sent off.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Fake apology. Robertson is simultaneously attempting to take responsibility for his poor challenge, and also blame an unidentified 'them' for the 'chance to make the decision' ie he's saying it was a wrong decision.

Thats a real stretch to interpret it that way when he literally takes responsibility for making a poor challenge. Good on him for doing so.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Again, hardly a pattern.
You play 300+ club matches you'll eventually cross the line, unless you're Ledley :rainbow:

The point is when he “crosses the line”, it’s without repercussions. Which I hardly think is anything outlandish or controversial to say. He knows what he’s doing.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
The point is when he “crosses the line”, it’s without repercussions. Which I hardly think is anything outlandish or controversial to say. He knows what he’s doing.
I haven't seen a poor tackle like that from him for awhile though. Also been awhile since he actually chased an opponent and made a tackle though

I’m not disagreeing with you on that part, it is probably true.

I’m contending it’s not at common as is being made out. It is a small amount of occasions, over 8-10 years.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
I haven't seen a poor tackle like that from him for awhile though. Also been awhile since he actually chased an opponent and made a tackle though

Has he ever got a red card? I remember some other pretty high profile rash tackles he somehow escaped a red card with.

Back