Premier Lg EPL Matchday 18 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

SA TIMES:
1672264852171.png

1672264878340.png
Postponed fixtures:
Matchday 7: Fulham vs Chelsea, Bournemouth vs Brighton, Soton vs Brentford, Liverpool vs Wolves, Leicester vs Villa, Man City vs Spurs, Arsenal vs Everton, West Ham vs Newcastle, Palace vs Man United, Leeds vs Forest
Matchday 8: Brighton vs Palace, Man United vs Leeds, Chelsea vs Liverpool
Matchday 12: Arsenal vs Man City

Can't believe we are above West Ham lol

Geordies gonna smash us a new one at Saudi Arabia Park.
🙄

Reminder that 9/15 players were pre-takeover from the 3-0 win and that’s without Wilson playing

Going to be one of the diciest relegation battles in years from the looks of it.

Gap between the best teams and worst seems to be widening even more.

Still shocked at how badly West Ham is doing in the league though, and props to Brighton, Fulham and Brentford (especially Fulham) thus far.

What a shame we'll be without our two best midfielders.

Arsenal 3-1
Brighton always do well against us, this is absolutely a danger game for us especially since we don't know how we will be long term without Jesus. People were shitting on him for not scoring then conveniently ignoring how many assists or goals he sets up in the build up.

🙄

Reminder that 9/15 players were pre-takeover from the 3-0 win and that’s without Wilson playing

Four out of the back five that started at the weekend were post-takeover signings, as was their best midfielder and their centre forward.

That’s enough to make a big difference no matter who is in charge but Howe has done a great job getting all the new signings to gel as well as getting a tune out of Ashley’s bigger money signings like Joelinton, Almiron and Willock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Four out of the back five that started at the weekend were post-takeover signings, as was their best midfielder and their centre forward.

That’s enough to make a big difference no matter who is in charge but Howe has done a great job getting all the new signings to gel as well as getting a tune out of Ashley’s bigger money signings like Joelinton, Almiron and Willock.
Speaking of Eddie...
1672283256476.png

The improvements of pre-takeover signings from the likes of Almiron and the transformation of Joelinton into a midfielder has been a bigger factor into Newcastle's form this season.
Didn’t joelinto start playing midfield a couple of seasons ago?

Howes is obviously doing a good job, but they definitely wouldn’t be in this situation without their new signings, and those signings wouldn’t have happened without the takeover.

Oh don’t get me wrong I’m not saying it hasn’t helped. But for the most part it’s been shrewd business. All of Pope, Wood and Burn would have been available to other teams for similar you’d suspect. Trippier wasn’t exactly one to break the bank either. Yes, we probably wouldn’t have Botman or Bruno, but I think it speaks as much or even more to Eddie. Nobody saw this coming with our squad preseason, even with the spending.

Oh don’t get me wrong I’m not saying it hasn’t helped. But for the most part it’s been shrewd business. All of Pope, Wood and Burn would have been available to other teams for similar you’d suspect. Trippier wasn’t exactly one to break the bank either. Yes, we probably wouldn’t have Botman or Bruno, but I think it speaks as much or even more to Eddie. Nobody saw this coming with our squad preseason, even with the spending.
Lol a club rock bottom of the league isn't signing Trippier from Atletico without your money.

Oh don’t get me wrong I’m not saying it hasn’t helped. But for the most part it’s been shrewd business. All of Pope, Wood and Burn would have beena available to other teams for similar you’d suspect. Trippier wasn’t exactly one to break the bank either. Yes, we probably wouldn’t have Botman or Bruno, but I think it speaks as much or even more to Eddie. Nobody saw this coming with our squad preseason, even with the spending.

Eh I wouldn't exactly say Burn was a shrewd buy.

We paid a quarter of what you did for him and you pay him a lot more in wages than we were.

He only left because he's from up that way and could double his wages.

That's why no other clubs were in for him.

Lol a club rock bottom of the league isn't signing Trippier from Atletico without your money.
What wages is he on? They only paid like 12mil for him so they didn't have to break the bank for his signing. I don't remember any of the other big 6 teams being too keen on him either.
I assume he is on massive wages.

What wages is he on? They only paid like 12mil for him so they didn't have to break the bank for his signing. I don't remember any of the other big 6 teams being too keen on him either.
I assume he is on massive wages.

He was playing CL for Atletico, yes he would be on significant wages.

But would have have increased dramatically between Atleti and Newcastle is my question. I.e did Newcastle price Trippier out of going somewhere like Spurs for example?

No I wouldn't have thought so, but Spurs likely weren't interested. I thought at the time the suggestion was just he was getting an equivalent wage with Toon as at Atletico, but they may well have priced them out. The reason for the low transfer fee I assume would have been a release clause or something along those lines?

Never know what you're gonna get from Leicester, feels like we havent played at Anfield in forever, this is our third game after the WC and still no games at Anfield.

EDIT - scratch that, just realised we are at Anfield. That's good!

Doesn't compute.

We were all told Ashely was a s**t owner and made no good signings.
He didn't make good signings

200.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back