EPL Matchday 18

Remove this Banner Ad

I also reckon goal difference is a good indication to see how dominant a side has been. City are on their own in that regard.
City + 5 goals but -4 points.

Tbf I know this was posted before Citys lost, but still I know which one I would prefer to be

City + 5 goals but -4 points.

Tbf I know this was posted before Citys lost, but still I know which one I would prefer to be
Well I’m convinced. It would be a massive choke if Pool don’t win it from here.

Wasn't our day yesterday, hit the post / bar twice, and Chicarito missed a few chances he'd usually bury.

That said, Watford's physicality definitely troubled us, Anderson was below par, that type of game showed we need a Kessie type of midfielder alongside Rice, Doucourie was excellent for Watford.

Now we have a resurgence Southampton at St. Mary's next, be a good market for where we're at in mid table really that one.

What’s happened to Jatz and Fryer Tuck? Don’t see them posting these days

Well I’m convinced. It would be a massive choke if Pool don’t win it from here.
I still agree City are favourites as they arguably have the best squad in Europe and the best manager.

Plus as a Liverpool supporter I am always pessimistic when it comes to the league.

However there is no doubt Liverpool have been the best team over the first half of the season. Mainly because of our defense, never thought i would say that.

City are still favourites though. I think our big chance is because City will/should prioritize the champions league. Whereas we should prioritize the league.

I would still have City $2.50 favourites for the league with us at $4.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wasn't our day yesterday, hit the post / bar twice, and Chicarito missed a few chances he'd usually bury.

That said, Watford's physicality definitely troubled us, Anderson was below par, that type of game showed we need a Kessie type of midfielder alongside Rice, Doucourie was excellent for Watford.

Now we have a resurgence Southampton at St. Mary's next, be a good market for where we're at in mid table really that one.
Yeah saw the highlights, very unlucky not quite sure how you lost that one.

What’s your realistic aim for the season? Europa League qualification?

Yeah saw the highlights, very unlucky not quite sure how you lost that one.

What’s your realistic aim for the season? Europa League qualification?
I'd take top 10 from here. Think yesterday showed whilst we're on the right path, we still have a ways to go and we give up too many clear cut chances still.

Need upgrades in the full back spots and a box to box midfielder next.

Claude Puel sucked the fun out of following Leicester I suppose....
Is there a more boring manager in the league? Imagine listening to his team talks? Most uninspiring voice I’ve ever heard

The only downside with Mertens is that he's pushing 32.
Yeah I know, but Sarri made him World Class for a while

Like I said, get him for 2-3 years, who knows

Agree about Morata - at the moment he can't finish his lunch and mentally he is shot.

I wouldn't mind Giroud being replaced with somebody like Mitrovic, who can also play that big target-man role whilst being a better finisher (Giroud has better link-up play though).
Giroud is a solid PL performer even though he's going through a lean patch right now, though you wonder how much longer he can handle coming off the bench, having been used that way in his last year or so at Arsenal too.

Having guys like Cahill, Fabregas, Giroud, Zappacosta etc who are mainly only playing EL/League Cup etc will see you guys go deep I feel in those competitions plus you haven't had too many injuries either so should help in the back end of the season to have quality experienced depth come in when needed (obviously we're playing you guys in LC semis next month)

I still agree City are favourites as they arguably have the best squad in Europe and the best manager.

Plus as a Liverpool supporter I am always pessimistic when it comes to the league.

However there is no doubt Liverpool have been the best team over the first half of the season. Mainly because of our defense, never thought i would say that.

City are still favourites though. I think our big chance is because City will/should prioritize the champions league. Whereas we should prioritize the league.

I think you’ve been the best team over the last couple of months rather than the whole of the season thus far. City looked imperious early on but cracks have appeared now and I think that’s down to Liverpool putting the pressure on.

I hope you go on to win it, despite the insufferability (probably not a word) it will bring to this board. Even though you’ve splashed the cash in a major way it would still be good for the game to see the City model beaten. Your fans are far more passionate also, which should also be taken into account

Having guys like Cahill, Fabregas, Giroud, Zappacosta etc who are mainly only playing EL/League Cup etc will see you guys go deep I feel in those competitions plus you haven't had too many injuries either so should help in the back end of the season to have quality experienced depth come in when needed (obviously we're playing you guys in LC semis next month)

Cahill is on the way out. Zappacosta is not exactly trustworthy versus PL opposition.

I don't really rate competitions like the EFL Cup because that competition is just a gateway to the Europa League and frankly has caused our squad to be stretched too much. Being eliminated early in 2016/17 was a blessing in disguise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you’ve been the best team over the last couple of months rather than the whole of the season thus far. City looked imperious early on but cracks have appeared now and I think that’s down to Liverpool putting the pressure on.

I hope you go on to win it, despite the insufferability (probably not a word) it will bring to this board. Even though you’ve splashed the cash in a major way it would still be good for the game to see the City model beaten. Your fans are far more passionate also, which should also be taken into account
I agree with your view of the season. Early on City looked like winning every game 5-0 and we were very lucky in a few games (Chelsea and Everton stand out).

I however disagree with the theory Liverpool have splashed the cash. I pointed this out in this same thread earlier yesterday. Yes, Klopp has spent cash, but a big reason he has done so is because of the sale of players. This is not the first time a Liverpool manager has done this, just it is the first time it has been done so well. 12 months ago when Coutinho left, the knives were out. But Klopp managed to intelligently not replace Coutinho with a like for like but to spend that money on Alisson and VVD, which as been dare I say Fergie like in smartness. That has improved the team dramatically.

Having said that I understand why many people would dread Liverpool wining the title, it would be a lot like Richmond in 2017 with band wagoners

Lol. You suck as a bookmaker. Could become a millionaire off those odds. There's only one of two teams winning the title. You have the favourite at 2.50, the other at 4.00. If you become a bookmaker, let me know.

I just don't understand our starting lineup against big sides. We go in with a defeated mentality straight away. DCL is barely a Championship level striker with a horrible first touch. Walcott has not been in form since the first 3 games of the season and is constantly the first off the pitch when we need a change. At least Davies is in there this week instead of that ridiculous back 5 last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back