EPL Matchday 18

What do you think, has he got what it takes or not?

I don't know, it's weird. When he first joined us, his preparation and tactical awareness was brilliant and we saw an instant change in form. So it's not as if he's lucked into a few gigs on the back of unconvincing form, but his teams just seem to have these spells of completely switching off.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't know, it's weird. When he first joined us, his preparation and tactical awareness was brilliant and we saw an instant change in form. So it's not as if he's lucked into a few gigs on the back of unconvincing form, but his teams just seem to have these spells of completely switching off.
Yeah I remember it, you looked like you were going to beat the drop and then just fell off when it really mattered. That 1-7 you was already down if I recall, but was a dreadful way to finish the season. Everton are one point worse off than last season which is incredible really and doesn’t bode well for him. There’s a certain other Portuguese manager available, I wonder if he would consider Everton if they made an approach...

PendlePie

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
Credit to Spurs. They remind me of the 08ish Arsenal that still (to a large degree) competed despite the stadium handicap.

The challenge for them is to maintain this as the season gets tougher. Depth was our undoing at the time and it’s probably the only thing that can undo this Spurs side.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Why would you have spurs favourites above your own team when you are six points ahead (almost 7 with GD) and you’re unbeaten and are hitting top form? Come on mate, what do you take this board for?
It’s liverpools title to lose. Leading at Xmas nearly always leads to a title win

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Actually only twice it hasn’t in the last ten years - Liverpool 08/09 and 13/14 :p
Exactly. One club and two occasions over 10 years has it not been a precursor to a title win. Anything less than either a CL or PL title for Liverpool having backed their manager superbly is a massive failure

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Why would you have spurs favourites above your own team when you are six points ahead (almost 7 with GD) and you’re unbeaten and are hitting top form? Come on mate, what do you take this board for?

I did say on current form. And nobody is playing better football than Spurs atm. Poch is a good manager and has been there for nearly 5 years now. Time for him to deliver a title.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I did say on current form. And nobody is playing better football than Spurs atm. Poch is a good manager and has been there for nearly 5 years now. Time for him to deliver a title.
Even on current form it’d require an unbeatable Liverpool side to slip up on 3 occasions.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Even on current form it’d require an unbeatable Liverpool side to slip up on 3 occasions.
Yep Liverpool supporters just hiding and trying to deflect favouritism. The odds are reflective of realistic probability. Liverpool would need to slip up more than 3 times as Supirs aren’t winning every game from here.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Playing the best football doesn’t guarantee winning you the title as we experienced in 15/16 and 16/17. Anyway, yes we are starting to click now but Liverpool and City have still played the best football this season. And don’t give me that crap about being time Poch delivered. Look at the budgets we are up against. You talk some utter gash sometimes

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Yep Liverpool supporters just hiding and trying to deflect favouritism. The odds are reflective of realistic probability. Liverpool would need to slip up more than 3 times as Supirs aren’t winning every game from here.
Yeah it’s fanciful to even consider them not favourites. They haven’t lost a game and hold a 6 point and GD advantage. We’d need to win at anfield which we don’t do to make it a decent chance

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If Liverpool drop points against arsenal and City and we can win out in the next three it’s going to close right up. But I hate playing that game cos it rarely ever works out. I think once the CL kicks back in we’ll see all the sides near the top drop more points than expected

Back