EPL Matchday 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Current form Spurs are the best team in the league atm. Not for the season overall which is a different thing.

It is time for Poch to deliver though - look at what Wenger did in his first 5 years at Arsenal.
You can’t compare that era to now. There were no such thing as oil clubs back then and Wenger had the advantage of being the first foreign coach and was therefore able to tap into the foreign market (especially French) almost unopposed. Can’t compare it to what Poch is up against

Where did it go wrong the past two times Liverpool lost the title from here? In fairness to them I’m surprised the success rate is 80% of the time. But to be the same side both times making up that 20% something must have gone wrong. If it gets close towards the very end this stat could be their undoing with the fear of doing it again

Where did it go wrong the past two times Liverpool lost the title from here? In fairness to them I’m surprised the success rate is 80% of the time. But to be the same side both times making up that 20% something must have gone wrong. If it gets close towards the very end this stat could be their undoing with the fear of doing it again

When you finish on 86 & 84 points nothing really goes wrong at all. Just were unlucky to be up against great teams, we certainly would have won it if all the big teams had poor seasons.

Spurs have got a decent run of winnable games coming up. Their next six home games alone could easily yield 18 points. They will be in the mix at season's end. This a record points total after 18 games for them as well is it not? Competition is cut throat at the top.

In 201/14 our defence was crap. We rode on the back of Suarez's form but winning 5-4 or 6-3 every other game (exaggeration) and still hope to win the title was not going to cut it. Conceding 50 or so goals just made it a bridge too far (although we gave it a red hot go).

Oh you ethered me, that was a good one, the old there, thier & they're grammar nazi trick far out I don't know how i'll come back from that one hehe.
Don’t be bitter, be better.
Be honest, you’d rather be in 3rd in range to put pressure on the leaders than being in 5th hoping Solskjaer doesn’t fire United into gear...

Is there easy access t0 the points gap at that point for each respective year? Just being in front doesn’t necessarily paint the full picture.

Don’t be bitter, be better.
Be honest, you’d rather be in 3rd in range to put pressure on the leaders than being in 5th hoping Solskjaer doesn’t fire United into gear...
There's two points seperating 3rd - 5th, that's one win, which is nothing with half a season to play out and with the inevitable spurs bottling of the season later on, i'd be pretty worried if i were you.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Current form Spurs are the best team in the league atm. Not for the season overall which is a different thing.

It is time for Poch to deliver though - look at what Wenger did in his first 5 years at Arsenal.
On current form Liverpool have won their last 7, Tottenham have only 12 points in their last 5

Marco Silva has now conceded 6 or more goals in a game at home with 3 different clubs. Don’t think he has even hit 100 games yet

There's two points seperating 3rd - 5th, that's one win, which is nothing with half a season to play out and with the inevitable spurs bottling of the season later on, i'd be pretty worried if i were you.
5 and good luck with the other part. Nice glut of home games to come :)

Playing the best football doesn’t guarantee winning you the title as we experienced in 15/16 and 16/17. Anyway, yes we are starting to click now but Liverpool and City have still played the best football this season. And don’t give me that crap about being time Poch delivered. Look at the budgets we are up against. You talk some utter gash sometimes
* off........we all know that you’ve shed some pounds/euros whatever it is on Spurs at 17 to 1.
C5D46003-AAAC-4CD5-837E-0823FE158199.gif

In 201/14 our defence was crap. We rode on the back of Suarez's form but winning 5-4 or 6-3 every other game (exaggeration) and still hope to win the title was not going to cut it. Conceding 50 or so goals just made it a bridge too far (although we gave it a red hot go).
Let’s face it, Stevie’s slip ducked us in 13/14. I still have nightmares over that so there’s no doubt that Stevie would be as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back