EPL Matchday 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Let’s face it, Stevie’s slip ducked us in 13/14. I still have nightmares over that so there’s no doubt that Stevie would be as well.
He takes a lot of flak for that. We didnt lose the title because Gerrard slipped. BR got all his tactics wrong that day. We didnt need to win the game. A draw was enough.

We were pushed up way too high, Gerrard shouldnt be receiving the ball as the deepest player. Also, I've wiped my memory of that game but I'm pretty sure that slip and resulting goal happened maybe half an hour in.

We had plenty of time to turn that game around and as a team, we couldnt do it. Eventually losing 2-0. From there it was back in City's hands so the much talked about Palace game meant absolutely nothing.

Sure Gerrard's slip hurt us but it wasnt his fault we lost the title or that game. He unfortunately will always feel it was his fault which is a shame for him.

We were pushed up way too high, Gerrard shouldnt be receiving the ball as the deepest player. Also, I've wiped my memory of that game but I'm pretty sure that slip and resulting goal happened maybe half an hour in.

He spent the rest of the game taking Hollywood style potshots from distance. It was probably the worst match of his career.

Zouma clearly wants to play for Spurs
Lol that was Pickford.
That was a rout.
‘Twas. Was expecting 0-1 or 0-2.

Just shows the gap that the chasing pack have to catch up, and likely will fail to do so year after.

When you look at Mina, Digne, Richarlison, Siggy and Pickford (not this game haha) over the last 24 months it looks like good signings. Even Walcott.
Ditto Arnautovic, Perez, Diop, Yarmolenko, Anderson at West Ham. Good signings.

Yet Utd playing dross under Jose were still at arms length, and you’d expect that if OGS unleashed the shackles and allows Utd to attack more they’ll only extend that gap to the next rung, and may become a tough opponent in the FA Cup (their only trophy chance this season), as they’ll target it.

There’s really two leagues in the PL now. The top 6 and the best of the rest, if this EUL2 gets off the ground those clubs will have European action too lol
I noticed 2 big things from Evertons games vs Man City and Spurs.

vs City, Everton had everyone back apart from Cal-Lewin so they got trapped.

vs Spurs, The defence tried to keep a high line but got caught out very easily, the Zouma/Pickford collision probably put both players in a bad headspace for the rest of the match.

Suicide really.
To me it felt like Silva was over-correcting the game-style mistakes from the game before, he still needs to find the right balance.

He should however get it right against Burnley who are in trouble at the moment.

Silva can’t legislate with his tactics though for Pickford to cause the first goal, be poor on the 2nd and 5th goals, for Digne to move out of the wall, or for Gomes not to track Alli’s run. He could have had great tactics and that sloppiness would still have been costly.

His tactics were questionable, but there’s also an element of being outgunned as well. Simply superior all over the pitch, and Sissoko again was great in midfield. Couldn’t handle the short snappy passing.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
He takes a lot of flak for that. We didnt lose the title because Gerrard slipped. BR got all his tactics wrong that day. We didnt need to win the game. A draw was enough.

We had plenty of time to turn that game around and as a team, we couldnt do it. Eventually losing 2-0. From there it was back in City's hands so the much talked about Palace game meant absolutely nothing.

Sure Gerrard's slip hurt us but it wasnt his fault we lost the title or that game. He unfortunately will always feel it was his fault which is a shame for him.

Nah Gerard’s slip cost you the title and it was hilarious! :D

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool

I don’t blame him for it but there’s no doubt that it was the defining moment.
Yes, BR should have played for a draw because that’s all we needed. Chelsea under Mou had a great big bus in front of goal and we should have accommodated him!

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Silva can’t legislate with his tactics though for Pickford to cause the first goal, be poor on the 2nd and 5th goals, for Digne to move out of the wall, or for Gomes not to track Alli’s run. He could have had great tactics and that sloppiness would still have been costly.

His tactics were questionable, but there’s also an element of being outgunned as well. Simply superior all over the pitch, and Sissoko again was great in midfield. Couldn’t handle the short snappy passing.
How was Pickford poor on 2 and 5? He stopped the first shot and was obscured by Coleman for the second shot, you can see how late he reacts to it. The 5th, 1 on 1 with a striker and he had no time to set himself, bloody difficult.

I even saw Everton fans saying he should be sold and that he's not a league 1 keeper after today... and that he should have stopped Eriksens volley, despite being at full stretch and having no chance.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
He jumped over the top of Dele’s goal. Wasn’t at fault for any of the ones after that. But didn’t do anything well after that either.

How was Pickford poor on 2 and 5? He stopped the first shot and was obscured by Coleman for the second shot, you can see how late he reacts to it. The 5th, 1 on 1 with a striker and he had no time to set himself, bloody difficult.

I even saw Everton fans saying he should be sold and that he's not a league 1 keeper after today... and that he should have stopped Eriksens volley, despite being at full stretch and having no chance.

Son’s 2nd went through his legs. He was extremely poor in this game

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Son’s 2nd went through his legs. He was extremely poor in this game
Again, it was a difficult one was he was rushing out to cut down any angles. Most goalies wouldn't have stopped that, it was a quality finish.

He wasn't great, but he wasn't extremely poor. I mean we could flip the tables to the other end and look at Lloris and his keeping.. One through his legs and one he put a fist to instead of a palm and it still went in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
He jumped over the top of Dele’s goal. Wasn’t at fault for any of the ones after that. But didn’t do anything well after that either.
It was a late reaction to not seeing the ball, you can see how late he reacted in slow mo. No one but the people on here, and idiot Everton fans who jump off and on the bandwagon, thought he was responsible for anything but the first goal.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
It was a late reaction to not seeing the ball, you can see how late he reacted in slow mo. No one but the people on here, and idiot Everton fans who jump off and on the bandwagon, thought he was responsible for anything but the first goal.
He parried a shot to the D and jumped over the ball. Wasn’t as bad as the first error but poor keeping nonetheless

Remove this Banner Ad

Back