EPL Matchday 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Read somewhere it is the first time since the late 90s a player has got 3 straight reds in a single year.
Wouldn’t even be a yellow back in the 90’s mind you for either of the offences (3rd being overturned). SLO mo can make a lot of things look worse than they actually are

How about stopping the game for 5 minutes in the first instance. Have the players gather in the middle.

Off the pitch 15 minutes in the second instance. Game off in the third instance.

Use the breaks to weed out the idiots.

Spurs appealing the red card.
Without really knowing how the appeal process works, I’d think they would bring out footage of other incidents this year where no punishment has been given out for similar little harmless kick outs. If Rudiger doesn’t make a meal of it, Son wouldn’t of been sent off

Without really knowing how the appeal process works, I’d think they would bring out footage of other incidents this year where no punishment has been given out for similar little harmless kick outs. If Rudiger doesn’t make a meal of it, Son wouldn’t of been sent off

You mean if Son doesn't kick out he wouldn't get sent off?

He's getting a bit of a history of over reacting in the heat of the moment.

Last edited:
I call bullshit on that.

The "fu** Off, We're Full" bumper stickers on every other car in Qld has its fair share of implied racism. And that is absolutely enabled by leadership in this country.

Leadership is leadership.

Do you think it would help if Boris condemned racist behaviour at prem games? Has he done that? Why not?
Which cars are they? Don’t get me wrong as I’ve seen it and it is disgraceful behaviour. However, in a State with at least 1 million privately owned cars, you’d be pushing to find more than 100 of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I mean if Rudiger hadn’t made a meal of it.

You mean if the player who was kicked in the chest didn't highlight the fact he was kicked in the chest the player wouldn't have been sent off for kicking another player in the chest?

Yeah not sure about that one.

It's up to the referees discretion. I dont see an avenue of appeal here, Son kicked out and a red was given. Other incidents are irrelevant.

You mean if the player who was kicked in the chest didn't highlight the fact he was kicked in the chest the player wouldn't have been sent off for kicking another player in the chest?

Yeah not sure about that one.

Yep. Classic victim blaming here.

Wouldn't make a difference imo.

I'm fact I think he has condemned racist behaviour at football matches.

We need to look a bit beyond the easy villain imo. I'm interested if other sports have the same spikes in racist behaviour. Surely if it was down to leadership rugby and cricket would have the same issues.

I get the feeling media and social media has a lot to do with it. There is so much anger, and club v club aggravation and that has increased hugely in the past few years.

There used to be banter, now people genuinely despise opposition clubs, players and supporters.
Agree with much of this. Sports like football & AFL tend to have people on edge more than others. And bring out the worst in people. Whether they harbour racist thoughts, or just spout them out of rage, the codes need to sort it out.

I go to a lot of Rugby Union. You mix with Kiwi, English, Sth African, Japanese, Australian etc fans. There are players of so many backgrounds. in 7 years, i've not heard of a single racist taunt. And you can hear the banter at AAMI at Rebels games.

Too much need to win, and not enough enjoyment of the game.

There are a few #joseout hashtags starting to turn up on Twitter.

meh. i'd like to see what his team looks like next season. If we can fluke top 4, i think thats a big tick.
We lack adequate full backs, and we don't have a settled midfield 2 at the moment.

Lloris/Gaz in goal is fine
Alder & Sanchez as centre backs is pretty good too
Dele, Son, Lucas and Kane as the front 4 is excellent

Middle of the park and the wide defensive zones need fixing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back