EPL Matchday 18

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
You mean if the player who was kicked in the chest didn't highlight the fact he was kicked in the chest the player wouldn't have been sent off for kicking another player in the chest?

Yeah not sure about that one.
Yes, it was a kick and yes, it did graze him. But you make it sound like it was forceful kick to the chest when it was far from it.

That said - the appeal will fail but it doesn't make Rudiger any less of a dick.

Yes, it was a kick and yes, it did graze him. But you make it sound like it was forceful kick to the chest when it was far from it.

That said - the appeal will fail but it doesn't make Rudiger any less of a dick.
Wasn't a lot in it. About as much as Rudiger's swinging arm immediately beforehand.
Was never going to be overturned given it was a VAR decision. They won't undermine a flawed and criticised system.

Stopped reading after the first five words. The rest is meaningless.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Wasn't a lot in it. About as much as Rudiger's swinging arm immediately beforehand.
Was never going to be overturned given it was a VAR decision. They won't undermine a flawed and criticised system.
There was no swinging arm. Just a clean shoulder to shoulder that Son lost.

Mar 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Patriots & UConn
If Liverpool fans here were doing this, they’d be accused of “always being the victim”.

Almost as if all clubs fans on this board are stupidly one-eyed...

Well except Arsenal. I think all the Arsenal fans know they suck.

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
Not sure whats so hard about saying my teams player stuffed up and rightfully got punished for it.

Son has got a reputation now for being a bit petulant.
Not sure what’s so hard about acknowledging that Rudiger hammed it up to make sure he got Son sent off.

both Son being in the wrong and Rudiger exaggerating contact can exist in the same incident

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Not sure what’s so hard about acknowledging that Rudiger hammed it up to make sure he got Son sent off.

both Son being in the wrong and Rudiger exaggerating contact can exist in the same incident

I agree Rudiger hammed it up, got kicked in the ribs and made sure the ref noticed.

But Son has only himself to blame.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I agree Rudiger hammed it up, got kicked in the ribs and made sure the ref noticed.

But Son has only himself to blame.
Son was to blame, but to call that a kick is stretching it. Barely made contact, it was more a flick. All parties come away looking bad

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Oh ok, so you’re still upset on what I said about that miserable did Salah then?

Haha yeah mate that really got to me.

Honest thoughts on Smiling Sonny? 1 red card you could pass it off, but 3 for violent conduct in 17 league games - seems he has a bit of an issue with his temperament, despite the candescent pearly whites. I think we all agree he didn’t deliberately set out to break Gomes’ leg but he did lose his head and violently lash out.

Not helpful for Mourinho or his teammates if he’s going to get himself suspended every month.

Honest thoughts on Smiling Sonny? 1 red card you could pass it off, but 3 for violent conduct in 17 league games - seems he has a bit of an issue with his temperament, despite the candescent pearly whites. I think we all agree he didn’t deliberately set out to break Gomes’ leg but he did lose his head and violently lash out.
Weird example to use. Of the 3 it was the one overturned as he didn't commit a red card offence.
Gomes leg was injured by the subsequent contact with Sissoko.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Weird example to use. Of the 3 it was the one overturned as he didn't commit a red card offence.
Gomes leg was injured by the subsequent contact with Sissoko.

We all agree Gomes’ leg breaking was unintended and an unfortunate accident. Immediately preceding, a frustrated Son lost his cool and went in on him with a silly, reckless, late challenge from behind. Whether it was a red card or a red later overturned for a yellow, it’s now becoming a pattern for him.

If he was one of our players I’d hope his captain/manager would have pulled him aside for a word at this point.

Back