HolyRioli

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds Utd
Apart from the top echelon of teams, you wouldn't find too many putting 5 past a team on an away day.

Add to that.. West Ham did it in 07/08 but against Derby... the worst PL team on record.

I remember Swansea putting 6 past someone on opening day a few years ago, away from home. I’m sure there’s plenty more

I remember Swansea putting 6 past someone on opening day a few years ago, away from home. I’m sure there’s plenty more
Was it 5 goals away in August 2012 vs QPR or later than that?

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
I'm more talking about him openly acknowledging he's going to be unbearable. There's a difference between having a laugh about it and things like ribbing Spurs for 'putting the pressure on' and just constantly going on about it as I'm sure he will in every conversation.
28 years mate... gimme a break. If we win it, which of course probably wont happen knowing Liverpool, then you're damn right im gonna revel in it. And I couldnt care less what you think about that.

Hawkforce

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 9, 2000
London
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham
As someone who follows both teams and has been subject to nothing but ridicule for most of my sport following life, I can understand why our supporter bases get a bit frothy at the mouth, but as someone who never goes to the Richmond board, I can’t say I noticed much change in my life. Sure I’ve watched the replay a few times, bought the commemorative stuff, and had some decent “oh you’re a Tigers fan too?” Type conversations, but I’ve been pretty reserved throughout, and don’t see myself being too much different if this all pans out. Heaven forbid that we actually enjoy our teams being successful though...

It’s exactly this type of gloating shite that makes the prospect of a Scouse title so terrifying...

As someone who follows both teams and has been subject to nothing but ridicule for most of my sport following life, I can understand why our supporter bases get a bit frothy at the mouth, but as someone who never goes to the Richmond board, I can’t say I noticed much change in my life. Sure I’ve watched the replay a few times, bought the commemorative stuff, and had some decent “oh you’re a Tigers fan too?” Type conversations, but I’ve been pretty reserved throughout, and don’t see myself being too much different if this all pans out. Heaven forbid that we actually enjoy our teams being successful though...
Nothing wrong with enjoying success. However, there's that and there's going on about it for months and months afterwards to the point of just being plain arrogant. Obviously not you, but many Richmond fans made the Hawks of '08 look humble. If you do win it, celebrate as hard as you want but no one wants a repeat of Richmond.

All that said, I'd rather Pool win it than Spurs.

Steven Gerrard

Club Legend
May 27, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Melbourn Victory, 49ers
Nothing wrong with enjoying success. However, there's that and there's going on about it for months and months afterwards to the point of just being plain arrogant. Obviously not you, but many Richmond fans made the Hawks of '08 look humble. If you do win it, celebrate as hard as you want but no one wants a repeat of Richmond.

All that said, I'd rather Pool win it than Spurs.

I don't think the EPL really allows for ongoing gloating as much as the AFL does. First, it's only 3 months in between seasons. Second, the window can make or break your off season. Third and finally, first past the post means it's literally game on from round 1 so the gloating will quickly subside if the champions drop points early, ala Chelsea under Mourinho and LC the following season.

is niasse still the only premier league player punished by that retrospective ban stuff that was applied one week and just ignored? niasse was bumped off the ball i think.

Niasse & Lanzini are the only ones, despite more instances being let off since then which involve much more blatant cheating

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
Cant sit here and pretend s**t is getting real but everybody needs to calm down.

All this the league is theirs to lose, they are going to break Chelsea's defensive record etc etc...

We have only just gotten to the half way point. Still 19 games to go! That's a long time yet and plenty of twists and turns.

But if this is a two horse race between City and Liverpool then how are Spurs not in the race!?

But thank you Palace and Leicester. We just gotta keep going! Arsenal next!!

I never actually said this you know, just that they were on course for such based on current trends.

That said their xG is somewhere approaching 15, so they probably won't. They may well concede around 20 goals or so overall for the season (which is still mighty impressive).

You should be able to beat Arsenal at Anfield. They still lack cohesion IMO and their defence is shaky, plus I consider Emery to be more a cup manager than a league manager.

RE Chelsea, good workmanlike win against a competent Watford side. The extent to which we rely on Hazard is absolutely frightening. In terms of combined goals/assists he's the PL's best player ATM.

Last edited:

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Gloating is a tad overrated. See Arsenal’s players after the 4-2 NLD win as an example. Better to get your head down and not get above yourself, something that should apply to the fans as well imo. For all the stick the City twosome receive on here, one thing you have to say is neither of them particularly (if at all) gloat about it. The majority of the scousers on here wouldn’t be half as humble. Just saying

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool

Dummett clearly impeded Salah by pulling him off balance as he ran in to the area. Bizarre that this got any traction and ridiculous that a retrospective ban was actually considered.

Back