EPL Matchday 19

Oct 6, 2017
All over the place
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool Boston Celtics Victory
Fear of a s**t storm doesn't seem to have bothered the referees who opted not to award Liverpool a single penalty at Anfield in 12 months. Don't think there's much in this conspiracy theory to be honest.
Not to mention a couple of dodgy pens against us at home. I remember the one Lovren conceded when Calvert- Lewin went down like he was shot. Even Gary Neville thought it was soft and dubious. What was the the unbiased, objective view on that one around here? I suppose everyone thought that Lovren was pretty stiff,haha.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Not to mention a couple of dodgy pens against us at home. I remember the one Lovren conceded when Calvert- Lewin went down like he was shot. Even Gary Neville thought it was soft and dubious. What was the the unbiased, objective view on that one around here? I suppose everyone thought that Lovren was pretty stiff,haha.

Yeah didn't hear many complaints about that one from the same ones here who moaned about a Salah penalty in a 4-0 victory.

But let's keep that conspiracy with the FA going. 1 penalty in the last 20 home games at Anfield- it's finally paid off!

Don't know why people are going on about conspiracy theories and penalties not given in the past.

If you don't think it's a dive fine. But there's no need to try and turn this into a criticism of people who do think it was a dive.

And when there was all kinds of drama about PSG supposed diving not that long ago, don't be surprised when people are keen to see if the same standards are upheld when the boat is on the other foot.

Don't know why people are going on about conspiracy theories and penalties not given in the past.

If you don't think it's a dive fine. But there's no need to try and turn this into a criticism of people who do think it was a dive.

And when there was all kinds of drama about PSG supposed diving not that long ago, don't be surprised when people are keen to see if the same standards are upheld when the boat is on the other foot.

It’s not about PSG, it’s about Neymar for Brazil and PSG. Not only does he dive, but the rolling around pretending he got severely electrocuted from nothing is annoying to see.

Fear of a s**t storm doesn't seem to have bothered the referees who opted not to award Liverpool a single penalty at Anfield in 12 months. Don't think there's much in this conspiracy theory to be honest.

It's two totally separate issues, although I do think there is a subconscious bias on the pitch toward certain teams. One of which is Liverpool imo, despite them (like every other team) being on the wrong end of a decision every now and then.

The decision not to award a penalty is a little different.

It's two totally separate issues, although I do think there is a subconscious bias on the pitch toward certain teams. One of which is Liverpool imo, despite them (like every other team) being on the wrong end of a decision every now and then.

Wow that's a turn around from you. I'm certain we've had multiple discussions where you've insisted there's no big club bias.

Wow that's a turn around from you. I'm certain we've had multiple discussions where you've insisted there's no big club bias.
Doubt it. I've written on here for over a decade about refs being influenced by certain clubs.

Doubt it. I've written on here for over a decade about refs being influenced by certain clubs.

Hmm. Ok. I did as I posted it suddenly have my doubts, but could have sworn we'd had discussions. Guess not.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

Could you kindly point me to your outrage about the Calvert-Lewin penalty being awarded? Surely you were calling for a ban over a player going down from minimal contact?

I guess some really do only complain when the the boot is on the other foot.

Could you kindly point me to your outrage about the Calvert-Lewin penalty being awarded? Surely you were calling for a ban over a player going down from minimal contact?

Why would I complain about an incident I have never seen? And if I had seen it, it wouldn't have made any difference to my opinion on whether Salah dived or not.

But it was a nice diversion if not a touch predictable.

I'm not outraged either by the way despite your strawman suggesting I am.

To be fair, he was probably too busy responding to pages of anti slave owner/oil money posts from your good self to have seen that game.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Thankyou for confirming what I was saying. Nobody was getting stuck into DCL for going down under minimal contact. Certainly cant find any calls for retrospective action. Both incidents while soft were penalties. Both players went down far too easily.
Which all has nothing to do with Salah.

Nice deflection. Why wasnt your reaction to the DCL incident the same as the Salah incident?
You are aware that by bringing DCL into the debate you are, in fact, deflecting off Salah’s awful dive.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
You are aware that by bringing DCL into the debate you are, in fact, deflecting off Salah’s awful dive.

The dive was poor but the foul was there. Dozens of these sorts of fouls happen every week without barely rating a mention. Much ado about a nothing incident.

Back